Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know when you're a little kid and a bully (or your big brother) has a go at you with his mates laughing at you? And you say 'That's not nice, I'm telling Mummy', to have him repeat 'I'm telling Mummy' back at you with added facepulling and *that* look in his eyes? That's the voice.
I get this, but feel like it's a bit of a reach to label it bigotry rather than plain old "being a dick". Hold my hands up to having used it in the past and since refrained when I learned it could be read that way, but it's one of the little stylistic quirks of internet speak that I'm rather fond of.

I think we only mildly differ over this, but I MUST add the disclaimer that I'm AUTISTIC and if you don't LEAVE ME ALONE I cannot be responsible for any following actions ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
View attachment 388508
This has just dropped in my inbox, from the Povvo’s Pwincess. Looks like Thundercunting is on tonight, but unfortunately I’ll be unsubscribing from the Best for Britain emails if they’ve got her on board...
Same here and I will also unsubscribe. Total lack of research on their part. Very pissed off . My emails were a Jack Monroe free zone

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
The housemate is the Head of Channel Four News. If she wasn't contributing (though bear in mind this is Jack so who knows) she ought to be publicly exposed for off the scale stinginess. If there was some reason she didn't wish to give Jack money she could have kicked in a payment directly to the landlord to cover a portion of the rent.
I reckon she kept the Ocado deliveries flowing and probably just eat, delivery etc at the very least

Reactions: 27

Coming from a family where my father was a Gunner in the Falklands, and a brother currently serving in the RAF on several tours of Afghanistan, those servicemen are my family. Had things been a little different, I would have been standing shoulder to shoulder with my brother in the Royal Air Force, but Small Boy put paid to that, so instead I buy my poppy every year and visit the Cenotaph to pray for him when he is at war.

"Then I had you, darling, and you dashed all my career plans!" FFS
Catching up again and just wanted to point out (though I am sure when I catch up it will have been said already) that before she had her son she was already in the Fire Service. It was that career that was progressing, she wanted to become a fully fledged firefighter instead of being a call handler. At least keep one story straight.

There was nothing stopping her joining the forces when she left school, there was certainly nothing stopping her joining the forces instead of the fire service. Was she considering leaving her well paid and career progressive job in the fire service to join up? I find that very hard to believe. She has never had any intention of joining up, it would be too physically demanding and I doubt her ability to just follow orders.

Reactions: 39
View attachment 388508
This has just dropped in my inbox, from the Povvo’s Pwincess. Looks like Thundercunting is on tonight, but unfortunately I’ll be unsubscribing from the Best for Britain emails if they’ve got her on board...
Yep, I got this too. It's what brought me back here after I'd half forgotten about the Only Woman Ever To Lose Her Job And Claim Benefits But Is Now Super Successful Yet Still REALLY REALLY POOR, tbqh. Unsubscribing too. I'm baffled as to how anyone doing the slightest bit of due diligence on JM wouldn't realise she's full of tit, impossible to work with, and generally not a good name to attach to one's brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I dont mind Jo Frost tbh, but I've just seen in that tweet shes written the word acceptable.
One of my life irritants is the fact Jo Frost cant say the word acceptable properly...petty I know but look up a clip of her saying it and you'll see what I mean
Glad it’s not just me, I don’t understand why she can’t say it though

Reactions: 14
I worked with a colleague who couldn’t say cupboard , they said cubbert, we didn’t say anything .

For years ,and I still have to remind myself not to , I thought Balaclava was said baraclava. I only realised when watching Line of Duty and quietly, furtively googled it.

I have no idea where it started.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Shows Jack's priorities doesn't it when she would rather sit on twitter all day and night rather than go out and earn some money for her son to keep a roof over his head if she cant afford to pay her rent. Heaven forbid she get an everyday job like the rest of us. I would say sell the 4 freezers or a couple of the 746217 gifted sideboards but we all know how our Jackie needs those in HER RENTED house bungalow.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Coming from a family where my father was a Gunner in the Falklands, and a brother currently serving in the RAF on several tours of Afghanistan, those servicemen are my family. Had things been a little different, I would have been standing shoulder to shoulder with my brother in the Royal Air Force, but Small Boy put paid to that, so instead I buy my poppy every year and visit the Cenotaph to pray for him when he is at war.

"Then I had you, darling, and you dashed all my career plans!" FFS
Late to this but I can’t abide Poppy shaming. I completely respect people’s right to wear one but there are myriad reasons why people might choose not to.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I reckon she kept the Ocado deliveries flowing and probably just eat, delivery etc at the very least
Well that's more self preservation really.It was either that or thrice boiled lettuce and softy soft white bread blended and served with custard and raisins for the grown ups and a plate of hole sausages for the boy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I didn't realise Roadside Mum was a Traveller at first (admittedly the name is a big clue) but duck, that makes this so much worse. Travellers are one of the most marginalised communities in the UK, and for Jack to go barrelling in there shouting "this is MY story!" is sick.

I get that the lack of FSM is an issue for many people from different backgrounds - but the Travelling community in particular is often stereotyped as uneducated, withdrawing kids from school, refusing to engage with the system etc. There's a deeper story here, about the system refusing to engage with people like Roadside Mum, and Jack - despite describing herself as both an author and a writer - cannot tell it.

PS a little trip down memory lane, those authentic working class summers with Aunt Helen before she became dusty...
View attachment 388512
Her writing is hilarious to me. Seems that the two geese were wearing the green dress while chasing her! I need a laugh today, so thanks for finding and posting! xx 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Shows Jack's priorities doesn't it when she would rather sit on twitter all day and night rather than go out and earn some money for her son to keep a roof over his head if she cant afford to pay her rent. Heaven forbid she get an everyday job like the rest of us. I would say sell the 4 freezers or a couple of the 746217 gifted sideboards but we all know how our Jackie needs those in HER RENTED house bungalow.
She doesn’t want a regular job like working in Asda or teaching ; she wants continuing fame , celebrity and honours bestowed on her and all of the luxuries associated but without doing what’s required ; working like we do in our world when we want something.

She’s had an idyllic childhood , never gone without and has had everything handed to her on a plate.

She’s 32 and needs to move on from being a Twitter try-hard with the ‘poor me I was on benefits for a short while and everything was terrible for me and did I tell you I have ADHD and Autism’.

Grow up Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Another one who got the Best for Britain email this morning. I've copied some of the text as it seemed quite jarring even for Jack.

I don't know if she's mixed up who she is writing for but the sentence with "not want any Brit to have to struggle" seems strange.

Does anyone refer to people as Brits? I have only heard it as a perjorative when in NI. It seems strange and unnecessary to me. Surely you want to help regardless of nationality?
I know what it's like to live on the breadline. It's why I started my recipe blog - to help those who may only have pennies to feed their family, to do so in the cheapest most healthy way. And I don't want any Brit to have to struggle to put food on the table, let alone those who are putting their lives at risk to keep the rest of us safe

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
how was the anna soubry thing a joke? it makes no sense. she's literally done that thing where you call someone out for being offensive and they go "oh my god, it was just a joke"

also, engaging with the likes of karen ingala bleeping smith? yeuch :sick:
What’s the issue with Karen ingala smith. I googled her and she runs a charity which supports women who are victims of domestic abuse??

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The capitalistion thing has always read to me as "incoherent internet ranting" rather than anything relating to dis/ability, but I guess there's a history I don't know about?
I stopped doing it after I was told that some screen reader programs struggle with it, so then it excludes people who use screen readers from the conversation. Which must be annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.