Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to whoever shared the webarchive link, because this is making me grimace https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...oes-dating-echo-gazette-column-15th-jan-2013/
I couldn't read it in depth because the writing was tit, but Jack was a heterosexual working class tattooed single mummy, who went out wi
that's an automated message and she actually replied to it like an actual boomer! 🤣

I get emails from labour all the time as I am an affiliate member through unison and all their messages are like this!

"kachoochoo, will you chip in £3?"

"kachoochoo, will you join our very important conference call?"

"kachoochoo, we need you to join in with our very important event"

they even pop up in your inbox as being from a specific person eg Jeremy, Keir, Angela etc

🤣🤣🤣🤣

and she considers this to be a private message from JC himself! i cannot get over this

eta thankspaceyou jack for the best thread title yet! ❤🥰
When my husband bought the Labour party Jeremy Corben and Cats calender he got a personally signed letter, definitely not a pre-printed one that got set to everyone. And now Keir keeps texting him.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
It's full of these discrepancies. A week after The Sale, she's baking a cake in a silicon dish (but she sold everything! And she never turns the oven on!). She moves to a cheaper flat and immediately rushes out to buy aubergine and orange paint (mmm tasteful...) while living on 10£ a week. Even then her bloody cheap trips to the shop are supplemented by finding entire heads of broccoli in the fridge. She had 2 cats at the time, who are mentioned in passing and never in a poverty context... (cat food, litter etc magically appears I guess)

One thing stands out: she was DESPERATE for fame. She was constantly gloating about her letters being published in the Southend Echo. In one early entry she met Ed Miliband and creamed her pants all over the shop. And of course random men shake her hand in the supermarket for her inspirational blogging etc.

The story is also full of holes. Apparently the debts etc started after she briefly got a job in a pub in March 2012, which caused a problem with her benefits. But she turned her heating off in November 2011, after quitting the fire service? Nothing makes sense. Not then, not now, never.
Well turning your heating off in March doesn't lend to the same effect. It's like what people do. She wanted to say her and her child were freezing the whole of winter. All lies.

Reactions: 35
Delete spree in 5...4...3
ETA or Cooper obvs. Will all be waaay down her page or gone by tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
A few more deletions but 🤷🏻‍♀️. She’ll do a thread that nobody can reply to about her awful day and say she needs to rest before the thunderclap and St Jack will arise again tomorrow. She’ll also then spend the next few hours replying anyway.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
And also not gay, apparently.
This is REALLY interesting. I've been getting a vibe recently that she's not actually gay, I mean she could be bi but she's deffo not a "lezza". But I wonder how much of the lesbian persona is made up? I get the feeling that what she craves from a partner is someone who will look after her, what better than an older, successful woman? A surrogate mum, if you will. There is too much to unpack here...

She is deffo sexually attracted to men, and with women it's more of a hero worship thing, think Nigella (mum).

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Here's a quirky littke thing if you need to come off your phone switch it off and go to bed the evil squggies will still be there to challenge on the morrow.

And MR and RM will have sorted everything. Go to sleep pet.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Must say that I agree here. Train station loos are the sorts of places where you don't stay a second longer than needed!
I used to get a cross country train weekly for work so would be at a big station at 5am and ppl smoke crack in the toilets or just openly in the station at that time, so I’m gonna guess bodily fluids are an inevitable byproduct of this???

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Thanks to whoever shared the webarchive link, because this is making me grimace https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...oes-dating-echo-gazette-column-15th-jan-2013/
One of the recent former Mr Jacks was a city boy, and I didn’t quite fit into the Made In Chelsea circle of women that flitted about like glamorous bluebottles. I’ll always remember one particular occasion, when a woman asked me what I did for a living. ‘I’m currently unemployed’, I said, to a now-silent table. All the listing of my previous employment didn’t save me; in the little black dress and champagne cocktail set, I was scummy single mummy, feeling as though I was only there for the novelty value. “Ooh, it’s a real live benefit claimant!” I imagined the ripple of fascination shooting around the table, and definitely caught a few looks and raised eyebrows, as conversation suddenly turned to the fact that ‘only people who pay tax should actually be allowed to vote.’

Probably the original iteration of the Dinner Party of Shame anecdote.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74

She was just as insufferable back then
this is absolute GOLD. Another story that could be a deleted scene from pretty woman. And of course she asked her friends to write her dating profile 🙄. Once a bleep, always a bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
When my husband bought the Labour party Jeremy Corben and Cats calender he got a personally signed letter, definitely not a pre-printed one that got set to everyone. And now Keir keeps texting him.
Like my mother reckoned she got a Christmas card personally signed by all the presenters on QVC, just because she was such a good customer and friend.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
This is REALLY interesting. I've been getting a vibe recently that she's not actually gay, I mean she could be bi but she's deffo not a "lezza". But I wonder how much of the lesbian persona is made up? I get the feeling that what she craves from a partner is someone who will look after her, what better than an older, successful woman? A surrogate mum, if you will. There is too much to unpack here...

She is deffo sexually attracted to men, and with women it's more of a hero worship thing, think Nigella (mum).
Please no one ban me for this but.............. I wonder if middle aged women are more vulnerable to fraudsters like Jack?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Just want Vonny back for light relief
1. I would eat poo flavor ice cream, because it would be nasty flavored edible food, rather than ice cream flavor poo which may taste ok but is made of dirty poo. I do hope in the future we can have a poll on this important and valid question. Ideally the Canal will reach a consensus despite the two sides òf opinion. And if not, I will tweet “you eat poo” at dissenters from anonymous sock accounts.
2. If Jack diverted a Big Mac from the wrapped food wastage bin (that they empty out and count you know) then SHEis the hamburglar!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.