Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gotta say I picked a good week to see what she was up to again didn’t I.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
If she's not into her politics then why does she try and play with the bog boys. Its like someone from a different country trying to tell an northern Irish person about their politics. They don't get it. Like her!

Also isn't that post a bit insulting to some actually writing a politics poverty book.

You no nothing dear heart... Eesh and she thought her enemies were insulting look at her mates.

Reactions: 27
Abel and Cole?! Piss off! 😂 Who on earth simultaneously needs to do a weekly shop on a £5 budget, and has an Abel and Cole delivery?! Just piss off 😂
It's full of these discrepancies. A week after The Sale, she's baking a cake in a silicon dish (but she sold everything! And she never turns the oven on!). She moves to a cheaper flat and immediately rushes out to buy aubergine and orange paint (mmm tasteful...) while living on 10£ a week. Even then her bloody cheap trips to the shop are supplemented by finding entire heads of broccoli in the fridge. She had 2 cats at the time, who are mentioned in passing and never in a poverty context... (cat food, litter etc magically appears I guess)

One thing stands out: she was DESPERATE for fame. She was constantly gloating about her letters being published in the Southend Echo. In one early entry she met Ed Miliband and creamed her pants all over the shop. And of course random men shake her hand in the supermarket for her inspirational blogging etc.

The story is also full of holes. Apparently the debts etc started after she briefly got a job in a pub in March 2012, which caused a problem with her benefits. But she turned her heating off in November 2011, after quitting the fire service? Nothing makes sense. Not then, not now, never.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
Her new clown emoji habit can duck off as quickly as it arrived please and thank(space)you. How can someone be so annoying even in their emoji use?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
It's May 2015 and terrible things happen to Jack around trains or stations. Going forward after this terrible cry, she decides to put. herself. first.

Morning! So it’s Monday, and after a week of doing Live Below The Line followed by a week averaging two hours sleep a night while Election Mania raged, I broke down in the Ladies at Paddington train station yesterday – and not at the injustice of having to spend 30 pence to spend a penny, either. Exhausted, ragged, ravaged, rugged, ruined, I stood with my back to the cubicle door and sobbed my heart out, for no single determinable reason. And I realised that in The Great Fight Back that has to happen now, I was in no fit state to be any use to anyone. So I decided, that as of tomorrow (today now, as it was yesterday), I was going to mend myself. And perhaps time Live Below The Line better next time, giving it a wide berth from any large stressful events, like a General Election.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
Her new clown emoji habit can duck off as quickly as it arrived please and thank(space)you. How can someone be so annoying even in their emoji use?
It strikes me as something an 8 year old snaps back at a sibling, not a 32 year old adult to thousands of people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Shall we start a book regarding tomorrow’s Thunderclap and whether she can pull back from the recents days events.
Change to #clapforCorbyn perhaps.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It's May 2015 and terrible things happen to Jack around trains or stations. Going forward after this terrible cry, she decides to put. herself. first.

Morning! So it’s Monday, and after a week of doing Live Below The Line followed by a week averaging two hours sleep a night while Election Mania raged, I broke down in the Ladies at Paddington train station yesterday – and not at the injustice of having to spend 30 pence to spend a penny, either. Exhausted, ragged, ravaged, rugged, ruined, I stood

with my back to the cubicle door and sobbed my heart out, for no single determinable reason. And I realised that in The Great Fight Back that has to happen now, I was in no fit state to be any use to anyone. So I decided, that as of tomorrow (today now, as it was yesterday), I was going to mend myself. And perhaps time Live Below The Line better next time, giving it a wide berth from any large stressful events, like a General Election.
Make it stoppppppp😡

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Bloody hell, finally caught up! I'm knackered - all of this grunka'ing for FREE. I haven't even had time to burn/eat/compost that piece of crap cookbook.

• Haha
The gender references in this are very heterosexual.
aye, i know you can still be a lesbian even if you've dated men in the past, but seeing how inconsistent she's been about many other things, I am wary...

Reactions: 31

Morning! So it’s Monday, and after a week of doing Live Below The Line followed by a week averaging two hours sleep a night while Election Mania raged, I broke down in the Ladies at Paddington train station yesterday – and not at the injustice of having to spend 30 pence to spend a penny, either. Exhausted, ragged, ravaged, rugged, ruined, I stood with my back to the cubicle door and sobbed my heart out, for no single determinable reason. And I realised that in The Great Fight Back that has to happen now, I was in no fit state to be any use to anyone. So I decided, that as of tomorrow (today now, as it was yesterday), I was going to mend myself. And perhaps time Live Below The Line better next time, giving it a wide berth from any large stressful events, like a General Election.
So despite living in poverty (allegedly) beforehand for a few months, she's reduced to tears and stress through doing the same stuff for a week? Hmm

Reactions: 31
And also not gay, apparently.
I love how Jack this post is. Self-pitying, ''quirky'', terrible mock-Bridget Jones knockoff humour, grifting, references to her background and the underlying message that people should be worshipping her simply for existing !

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.