Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have worked somewhere with access to The Times paywall šŸ”ŗļø and the paper knew when something had been shared by screenshot. We used to get terse emails asking us not to do it. But I suppose if you're in charge of a large news organisation you don't have to worry about that do you?

• Wow
Reactions: 22
At this rate we will be on a new thread before 8pm
I know sheā€™s a narc who canā€™t act any other way than she does but I just looked on ā€œmyā€ social media and there are people offering hot meals from themselves or businesses still offering child lunches for free if needed.
Itā€™s so sad that in such a rich nation we are having to do this. However it restores my faith in the drive for change, through positive actions. Offer free food if you can, then go home and write to your MP or educate yourself on politics. Or just use it as an excuse to shout into the twitter void and take cash yourself, whichever.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She says she's a "key campaigner" but what campaigning has she actually done?

As I see it she's spent three days arguing with people, trying to get Marcus Rashford to acknowledge her existence and flicking her bean while dressed as Mary Sloppins.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
Because the BBC, ITV, Sky news, Guardian, etc etc never read the Times and follow up on stories that might be important to a current issue. It may have been announced behind a Paywall, I have no idea if that is the case, or if the Times just got the story out quicker. No doubt other news outlets will follow up very quickly if this is true and not a misinformed article in a right wing rag.

But yes Jack, you just sit there SHAKING in anger, ranting out to Twitter (again) because that is so productive. How about finding the validity of that article, and doing what Marcus has done, speak to those concerned in a calm and rational manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42

Jack , shaking with rage on speed dial to Marina demanding a chain be yanked now!!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
While Jack was shaking and crying and telling RM she'd whatsapp her, before sticking the whole Times story on her feed, RM was quietly, gently, reading about it in the Mirror.
388893-e163fa7eb0d6d6601ebdb4312a8c0d86.png

388895-2aad6fd445824bed7c594f6541183fd5.png

• Haha
Because of the sector I work in šŸ”ŗ I know all about NLA licensing for sharing print or pay walled media.

They are incredibly litigious and will happily issue hefty fines if they see content being shared, for example, on social media.
coooeee mr times, mr times over here, look šŸ‘€ šŸ˜Š

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The funniest/most annoying thing about this is the straight up bullying that she's doing - knowing as she does that she has a supportive audience ready and willing to mock the guy/girl at her command. Imagine if you will, when she came here to Tattle, if one of us had ignored any point she was making and had replied to her in this way whilst knowing that we would have had the support of the others reading (at least theoretically) - she would 100% have called it out as bullying and on such an occasion she would have been right. It puts her usual complaints of bullying into perspective and shows her for the hypocrite that she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
*RM stares confusedly at these weird, broken screen grabs sent to her by that mad twitter account who won't leave her alone, calmly opens her internet browser, types in the times address and logs into her times account that she's a subscriber of..*

Edit: have subsequently seen later in the thread that RM doesn't have a Times account, bugger. Sorry!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
*RM stares confusedly at these weird, broken screen grabs sent to her by that mad twitter account who won't leave her alone, calmly opens her internet browser, types in the times address and logs into her times account that she's a subscriber of..*
RM, unlike trained journalist Jack Monroe, is clearly able to a. google and b. do a twitter search to find sources of the story which aren't The Times.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Sheā€™s about 50% Alan Partridge, 30% David Brent and 20% Rik the Student. Except these were all comedy creations and she is an actual person with no sense of humour and a grandiosity complex. Itā€™s quite a combo.
There's definitely a bit of Adrian Mole in there too.

• Haha
I call BS on this - primer? Over face oil? (Traazers? On a bird?).
Nah, surely then the primer wouldn't stick? Or has the chaos of the last 2 days made me go insane?
Yes, thatā€™s how you get the ā€œnipped inā€ arm look x

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She really shouldn't have replied to that first one, the dingbat! Now she's getting messages like this

388925-dd41b4e652ccb2fb7f7af51e81e05e92.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Phew! I've finally caught up on this thread.

Her interaction with RM is, to me, simply odd. I would have a lot more respect for Jack if she sidelined herself and allowed for RM's story to be told by RM, as it should be. But, as we know, she cannot do that. I know it's been mentioned before (and I feel like I preface a lot of comments I make with that phrase haha) but the grift is oh so real. A lot of the middle class media sorts who LOVE to amplify Jack's profile and seem to auto direct anything relating to food poverty to her do so because, in my eyes, they're too lazy to genuinely engage with people who are living through that experience right now. They probably don't know anyone who is reliant on foodbanks or universal credit in their immediate social circles. It's easy to do your shopping in Sainsbury's/Waitrose/Ocado and see Jack's Slopā„¢ and think 'that will do' for The Poorsā„¢.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Her Corbyn clanger is going to keep coming back to bite her in the arse , she seems incapable of not tweeting .
388931-a440f6310e5c48c7ff232a6ef47e917e.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Sheā€™s so thick and fickle!! So, her basic response to previous squiggle, was that to apologise to him for saying tit about him in a National newspaper was hardly ā€˜supportingā€™ JC. Yet in her cringey message to him, heā€™s her comrade and she wants to work together. So. Which is it? Sorry, I mean, which is it you slippery bleep?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.