Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If this happened I would genuinely miss this thread, but it would be so worth it for Jack to be exposed as a fraud and no longer have a platform to rip people off.
I would like to think we could all move to an off topic Frauen and Herren thread where we chat tit there 🙂 But @Veronicaaa is right. It wouldn't last long, we've seen this pattern too many times and it seems she hasn't changed much over the years.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Possibly trying to elicit a response from somebody who is rather busy working, what with the impeachment and everything else going on? And is still most likely somewhat pissed off about being blamed for the Covid business/being elevenerifed with the temperature/I'm having a serious medical emergency here whilst you're selfishly in hospital and not looking after meeeeeee business.

I did - ugh - say when the fancy dress came out that I didn't think it was something put on for SB's benefit. I think the Ocotpus and Squid things are a similar off colour reference.

Excuse me, I must go and work bleach my brain now.
Hmm, yes. And after reading the ss of LC’s insta on the subject I will never look at my innocent, childhood heroine Mary Poppins the same way again. 😳🤣🤣

Still, to each his own I guess!

(ETA: oh yeah! The pink octopus mug that was carefully positioned in shots from all round the house!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I would like to think we could all move to an off topic Frauen and Herren thread where we chat tit there 🙂 But @Veronicaaa is right. It wouldn't last long, we've seen this pattern too many times and it seems she hasn't changed much over the years.
All this need to be centred in the public discourse, it would have to leak out of Jack somewhere. It's obviously a compulsion for her, people don't really change that much and Twitter is just the vehicle du jour. Like KH and the Donald, whether it's self-inflicted or imposed silence, they'll be back in one form or another.

Reactions: 21
Hmm, yes. And after reading the ss of LC’s insta on the subject I will never look at my innocent, childhood heroine Mary Poppins the same way again. 😳🤣🤣

Still, to each his own I guess!
OH NO, I'm now imagining Jack doing some sexual roleplay in her Mary Poppins outfit.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
In the words of American cosplay Jack, oh lordy!

Agree that it would not be a surprise if she goes silent today, I think we know her patterns by now. Unless she is actually sleeping now after her 42 hour shift.
She can't go silent, what about the thunderclap?!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Mary Poppins cosplay and squiggles hoping for Jack and Marcus to have children together is really making me want to vomit in my hands.
I really wish I’d sent Jack a photo of my rather splendid placenta under #lockdownlarder .

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
The way I see it, being poor and suffering for it is getting people into the headlines. And rightly so, people who are in need shouldn't suffer in silence and should be heard. J isn't in that situation any longer and it's been 10 years since she was, so her relevance to the situation is waning. So stating her rent wasn't paid (on time!) makes her appear poor and ergo relevant (again).

Reactions: 28
To be fair, anyone would dump an adenoidal whinge about THE POVERTY and MY STORY in favour of Showjumping Piglets.
every time I’m booked for something, I’m ill, and anything – like a TV opportunity – I treat as my last ever one because it’s maybe my swansong”

You don’t get that from a show jumping piglet do you.

I do love her attitude however.
It translates to me as “book me if you want but It’s likely I won’t turn up.”

maybe I’m just.... an adult and stuff 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 42
(It’s the weekend again for me) Just looked up The Cotswald Company to survey the sideboards and see if Tattle pops up if you google them (nope). The sideboards are average. I notice that you can buy them on HP for a small monthly payment..............

Reactions: 15
I didn't realise Roadside Mum was a Traveller at first (admittedly the name is a big clue) but duck, that makes this so much worse. Travellers are one of the most marginalised communities in the UK, and for Jack to go barrelling in there shouting "this is MY story!" is sick.

I get that the lack of FSM is an issue for many people from different backgrounds - but the Travelling community in particular is often stereotyped as uneducated, withdrawing kids from school, refusing to engage with the system etc. There's a deeper story here, about the system refusing to engage with people like Roadside Mum, and Jack - despite describing herself as both an author and a writer - cannot tell it.

PS a little trip down memory lane, those authentic working class summers with Aunt Helen before she became dusty...
View attachment 388512
I really hope she doesn't use the experiences of Travellers as her latest bandwagon. You know, digging out a distant relative as one. I wouldn't put it past her tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
She’s just a total muddled mindfuck, and I can’t see why anyone still believes a word she says. She’s completely tied herself in knots lately, and it could sooo easily come crashing down:

* demanding the media contact ONLY HER, as it’s HER life’s work
* rent cheques bouncing, despite work with Del Monte, Linda McCartney, DAILY EXPRESS etc
* Jeremy Corbyn apology/solidarity comrades tweet (too confusing for me tbh)
* Patreon money
* penniless, yet still paying a freelance assistant on furlough full time wages (?)
* bubble buddy covid chips

I’m sure there a squillion more; but I need a wee and a crumpet.
Well, ain’t you fancy! Piss and a sandwich to WC for ya? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It might be mean but I hope she is spending the morning reflecting on how she handles herself in sm.

I hope her agent called her and told her getting angry and shout makes her look bad!

I get the lefty squiggles were upsetting her, but like you do in any public sector job you deal with it in a calm concise way, not sling more mud at them.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I really hope she doesn't use the experiences of Travellers as her latest bandwagon. You know, digging out a distant relative as one. I wouldn't put it past her tbh.
She followed a whole load of Traveller accounts a couple of weeks* ago.

*May have been longer, it may just have been a couple of days ago - this is Jack time and we're all just living in it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I've said before, I will be fuming if she does try and go anywhere near that bandwagon, but it will be easy to point out any lies and inconsistencies. The travelling community is fairly small and close-knit, even families that don't live anywhere near one another tend to know who each other are... 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.