Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't have high hopes that today will lead to lasting change, unfortunately. She's just too skilful at playing the smol ickle victim and there's too many gullible twats on twitter. Most of the criticism will be written off as trolling.

Still, I take a bit of comfort in the fact she's getting blowback for all the times she's co-opted marginalised identities for her own gain.

Have #hardlefttwitter seen her Express column that she wrote when CAROLE MALONE WAS AWAY? That would make my evening if she got dragged for the shite she was spouting about the Queen and Jamie Oliver 😂
I bet they have not seen the Express article! I'm sure one of them would have raised it with her today. How did she sign it off again, "Thank you ma'am on behalf of a grateful nation"? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Never forget the glorious time she quit Twitter for good!!!

spoiler alert: it lasted as long as her veganism

Ooooh, and this was when she blamed losing her book deal on transphobia! "When I came out as non-binary (genderfluid/queer) it was quite unheard of in mainstream media and there was an inevitable circus around it. I gave interviews hoping it would braden understanding and give other genderqueer people a vouce. In return I lost a £30k book deal, had to crowdfund that book (a process which has completely done me in)"
Surely gender identity was a protected characteristic at the point she wrote that book? She can sue KH for libel but not a publisher for breaking HR laws?

Reactions: 36
I wish our Jackie would calm down with the chaos. I'm BUSY and have 37 pages to grunk 😩
@Walnutss what are we looking at the state of please? I am presuming the crappy bungalow?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I don’t know if this is about our special friend or not
On a serious note what a cuntwaffle she is for self-diagnosing with neurological disabilities, then using said disabilities a) as a shield from all criticism, and b) as an excuse for her appalling behaviour.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Surely gender identity was a protected characteristic at the point she wrote that book? She can sue KH for libel but not a publisher for breaking HR laws?
Does a publisher have an obligation under employment law? I mean, they would if Jack was an employee of theirs, but she isn’t.

Reactions: 17
She wants to be tagged: she wants the arguments, the attention, the engagement. It’s a shame even the slightest criticism results in the wheeling out of yet another condition, that’s impossible to disprove. For a heartbeat I pondered using this strategy in a tricky discussion. But then I realised I’m not a bleep.

And she should definitely make a Mc D style Breakfast Roll with Bin Sauce. I'm sure they'll be up for the collab. :)

Remember:
Please leave me alone. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Does a publisher have an obligation under employment law? I mean, they would is Jack was an employee of theirs, but she isn’t.
I'm not sure, but I know protected characteristics are one of the few areas freelancers have protection so I assumed authors had similar rights

Reactions: 14
Ok, I've finally caught up but I'm confused. At 1:23am she claimed she wasn't giving the abuse she gets 'one iota of headspace'. Twelve hours later she's spent all day whining and is 'exhausted and crying [her] heart out' about all the vile bullies. I think I've got whiplash from her high-speed flip-flopping.

She came close to an epiphany about weaponising neurological disabilities but turned it back on her detractors. So nearly there, Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
So what of the afternoon of Disney under a blanket with SB? Or is he going to bring a three course meal on a tray and say, "Mama, you haven't eaten. Here, take your leave to the drawing room with this sustenance."

• Haha
Reactions: 85
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.