Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg I am so happy to have found this thread and its predecessors 😁. How on earth people fall for her bs is beyond me. She's a proper danger.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
She really has massive Twitter addiction doesn't she? I honestly think Twitter has a lot of problematic users who have convinced themselves they are "working" whilst wasting hours on Twitter. Even when they are being abused and trolled they still log on. Never mind all these other ailments her Twitter addiction is the one to be dealt with

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Interesting snippet from an interview Daddy gave in 2012. I've read it before but only just noticed these 2...

1.All four children are named. So much for Jack's claim she has to protect them.
2. He mentions that his family are from NORTHERN Cyprus. All politics aside, when Jackie went there on her holidays to the 'family village' there wouldn't have been much 'Greekness' around.
I know the family would still consider themselves Greek, but the village and all of her 'experiences' would have a very much Turkish flavour...
This is from 2004!

Reactions: 20
I don't have high hopes that today will lead to lasting change, unfortunately. She's just too skilful at playing the smol ickle victim and there's too many gullible twats on twitter. Most of the criticism will be written off as trolling.

Still, I take a bit of comfort in the fact she's getting blowback for all the times she's co-opted marginalised identities for her own gain.

Have #hardlefttwitter seen her Express column that she wrote when CAROLE MALONE WAS AWAY? That would make my evening if she got dragged for the shite she was spouting about the Queen and Jamie Oliver 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Two book advances and a six month deal with Del Monte but your rent didn’t go out? Sure, Jan. Sounds like some egregious, tip-jar rattling bullshit to me.
Not to mention the GQ article (which would’ve been £££) and the Linda McCartney paid post. She’s just on the beg again, no bleeping shame.

ETA: her Patreon money alone would be enough to cover the rent.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Never forget the glorious time she quit Twitter for good!!!

spoiler alert: it lasted as long as her veganism

Ooooh, and this was when she blamed losing her book deal on transphobia! "When I came out as non-binary (genderfluid/queer) it was quite unheard of in mainstream media and there was an inevitable circus around it. I gave interviews hoping it would braden understanding and give other genderqueer people a vouce. In return I lost a £30k book deal, had to crowdfund that book (a process which has completely done me in)"

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
I find the huge ’pat on the back’ she is getting on twitter fascinating. It really shows how unthinking so many of the people who think that are open minded, fact finding and intelligent are!

These people haven't looked for a single fact. As previously mentioned on here privatisation of school dinners was introduced many governments ago. Once the main company and the Government saw what was happening they responded.

The vouchers were due to be introduced anyway but in the short time scale they were told schools would close...reminder 8pm at night....something was produced and sent out. The boxes are shameful.

The ease with which this cook has gas lit people and taken all the credit without people questioning anything is actually frightening.

The lack of critical thinking of twitter is staggering!
Yes!! This. Exactly-it’s like Trump & how people just buy into utter bullshit & use no critical thinking whatsoever. Drives me insane.
PS it’s not me either-am vegan but I don’t interact with her on Twitter.

Reactions: 30
I know we're all here to rip the piss out of Jack but could I just ask you all to pause briefly and pay your respects to Jack's grandad who has sadly passed away.
Has he? I never realised that as its never been mentioned before

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She's like the person you get in a group work session that looks up irrelevant stuff, talks alot to passerby about how much as been done, takes the credit once completed but actually contributed nothing but their name
She’d be awesome in the civil service 😂😂😂

(Spoken by a civil servant but I’m not like that I promise!)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I had a cheese piece for lunch so I'd like to eliminate myself from the enquiry.
It's not me. I can't keep up here, let alone get involved on Twitter. I'm exhausted from being on tattle every waking minute between work and school. Here's my tip jar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.