Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are actually a few decent discussions going on about her and l'm sure there are loads others I'm not aware of. I like the way this is put -

___568-5397fb3d1e0a2f750f2e81985d2f918c.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
Nah I get it too, not just because I’m a Liverpool fan but it’s a song commonly sung at Scottish football matches as well.

I’m maybe misunderstanding but are you saying Jack has mentioned this song in her tweets or should if she wants to get in with MR?
I was trying to be funny because her talking about eating out of bins reminded me of the song, then I thought of the dead rat/pigeon line, but couldn’t think of how to do it so I thought I’d do a vague reference in the hope that someone might chuckle without me having to do the legwork.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Today has been crazy. This morning she's on't telly, then the rest of the day far left twitter are bashing her for being centrist but claiming to be left. Good Lord you couldn't make it up. I hope she starts blocking them actually because they aren't really being helpful. No one knows how well corbyn would have handled covid-19 so there is no point debating it. Right now focus should be on correcting the current party like MR is doing.

Reactions: 42
I don't think it is. You get used to how regular posters write here. I wouldn't expect anyone from here to be putting points across like that. Anyone can come and read here and use the information, just a shame they don't do it in an intelligent way, and just make themselves look like spiteful trolls! I'm sure we're all aware that you're easily dismissed if you come across that way, and so I don't think if a regular poster here chose to do it, they would do it in that way.
I don't even bother trying to have a conversation about it with pals online or in real life any more, I just direct people straight over here. What is the point in going on some piecemeal crusade or trying to call her out directly when a) she never listens and b) it's all here but with added receipts?
And as ever, thank you to all the fraus in the receipts department who do an epic job.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I haven't even got over to twitter yet but I am looking forward to it.

Love the screenshots of the people clapping back who are more than capable of seeing through and responding to her bullcrap.

She usually gets such an easy ride with trolls but now - as someone upthread put it - the big boys and girls have come to play, she's wheeling out all the excuses, TROLLS, BREAKDOWNS, DMs, TRYING TO FEED HUNGRY CHILDREN, NOT A CENTRIST. It's hilarious to see.

I couldn't give a hoot about her views on JC. She's entitled to them. But not to rewrite history after she's spent so long shitting on him to get in with her blue labour / tory blue ticker mates.

So scared of criticism and so incapable of taking it, yet yesterday she was Billy Big Bollocks about the muckraking newsdesks and she didn't have time for it.

Well she's certainly had time today.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
‘You look in the kitchen for something to eat, you find a dead rat and you think it’s a treat?’ I think some lads at uni used to sing it at the div 2 games. It’s apt. 🔺 I went to a terrible university (ex poly) in the olden days nowhere near Liverpool.
You look in the dustbin but otherwise yes. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sat in grounds round the country listening to that tit. Or ‘feed the scousers, let them know it’s Christmas time’.
🔺

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Here:
Should we add this post by colouredlines to the JM wiki too (or at least absorb it into the existing wiki)? Seems a shame for such good research to be buried!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
This "please leave me alone" line she's taken to squeaking out her sad little facehole is making me feel murderous. I just want someone to reply SHAN'T.
She’d be on that like a fly on tit.

The line is emotive and from someone trying to portray herself as vulnerable when we know she’s harder than a coffin nail.

Reactions: 30
I don't think it is. You get used to how regular posters write here. I wouldn't expect anyone from here to be putting points across like that. Anyone can come and read here and use the information, just a shame they don't do it in an intelligent way, and just make themselves look like spiteful trolls! I'm sure we're all aware that you're easily dismissed if you come across that way, and so I don't think if a regular poster here chose to do it, they would do it in that way.
I think they might be using things they’ve read here but I agree I don’t think it’s one of us (so to speak). I think it’s more likely one of the people who have been regularly donating to her tip jar, patreon etc who has suddenly realised some uncomfortable truths and is very angry at her for having been taken in for so long. It sounds much more personal to them than anything generally posted here.

Reactions: 32
This "please leave me alone" line she's taken to squeaking out her sad little facehole is making me feel murderous. I just want someone to reply SHAN'T.
She's being manipulative by repeating that line. It gives the impression to others reading that she's suffering harassment.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I've had the line "If you called your Dad he could stop it all, yeah" from Pulp's Common People stuck in my head all day, I've only just realised why...

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.