Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No. Alan, hun. You don’t seem to understand! Corbyn doesn’t have a problem with Jack. She said it herself, they’re cool mate. She’s got the DMs, obvs, but would never stoop so low as to use them to make a point. What the hell he’d need to be messaging her about is neither here nor there.
He was probably asking for her delicious greengage jam recipe...

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I've typed and deleted so many replies to her shitey tweets, mainly: what exactly are you doing to "get kids fed"?
I am the same. What is she actually doing to help apart from tweet all day and night? I think she got put on so many news slots as they have seen her say she donate the money to charity so the big tv bosses will think they are helping the cause via her (I hope that makes sense).

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I feel like RM, working away unappreciated and getting on with keeping receipts, and some loudmouth has taken my issue and is playing merry Hell on twitter on my behalf.

I am of course, you will remember, not on twitter and am a lifelong vegetarian 😇

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
No. Alan, hun. You don’t seem to understand! Corbyn doesn’t have a problem with Jack. She said it herself, they’re cool mate. She’s got the DMs, obvs, but would never stoop so low as to use them to make a point. What the hell he’d need to be messaging her about is neither here nor there.
I think you’ll find they’re bosom buddies

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 97
Do you know what id to know what MR is actually thinking. I mean imagine end of a long day campaigning
MR right, prime minster done, school teaching done other stuff done. RM what about you? Got some important stuff done, asked some important questions.

What about you?

Her" I got into a twitter fight with some Corbyn lovers and I had a few interviews. Where I couldn't get those important questions answered.

MR Okay thanks... I think?!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
People keep taking on twitter about how she is helping feed children. I don’t understand what they think she has actually done. These people must also agree with her that screaming into a void on twitter and Instagram for 16 hours a day equates to a hard days work. It just confuses me. She’s probably raised more for herself via her tip jar over the past couple of days than she has actually contributed to anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
View attachment 387393

So do a lot of middle-class kids 💁‍♀️ and were you able to trouser the money yourself Jack, or did it need to go towards your keep?

By the time I was in my teens, I had a part-time job doing a lot of work considered menial, but I was working with a variety of people and learned a lot. I was able to keep the money I made for myself, whereas my mum who did fruit-picking with my grandparents had to share the money, as they really were hand-to-mouth at the time. Whilst I cleaned toilets and washed dishes too, I never pretended to be in circumstances that my family used to be in, and that's the problem people have with you, you mendacious muppet
I'm sure I've posted this before but when I was a teen I had a part time job because I had to contribute and once I forgot to pick my cash wage up and when I got home and told my mum she started crying because she needed it to buy that nights tea and she didnt have any money herself to buy food.

I'm not sure it's quite as worthy as Jack's work tweet though as I wasnt doing HARD PHYSICAL LABOUR

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Also if she only just followed him why would she have DMs from him??
I imagine he's be consulting her "behind the scenes" before sadly having to inform her that none of it could become public because she's too "politically difficult."

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Brace yourselves folks, an almighty relapse of burnout/breakdowns/husks and longest Covid is coming.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.