Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping hell. Kids aren’t getting a hot meal at home, does she not know the reason why.
Catering staff are usually the most vulnerable staff working in a school so lots are actually at home. Also as schools are all very full they have to feed those bleeping kids first!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Oh do duck off with your idealisitic views on how the logistics of the food roll out should be done.

You can't even print address labels.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
View attachment 385920
I wonder how long she’s been sitting on ‘poverty picnic’.
Just long enough to make it into a handy term to abuse poor kids with when the schools go back.

Does she realise that many children at Primary take packed lunches of course she does, she does it with SB's cheap as duck carrot sandwiches and in Secondary, don't just bring them, but choose sandwiches because they don't want hot food?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
She's such a talented speed-reader that she's mastered the art of reading books without the laborious need of having to open them. But seriously though, isn't it bit weird to have a collection of books that basically present her with all the info she needs to convincingly pull off her working class cosplay/grift?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
First time on her thread, so hello! Admittedly i do not know much about Jack, but ive just been reading through here....
I might be wrong, but she reminds me of some of the people i went to uni with.... Clearly middle class but desperately trying to be working class. Her book collection made me laugh too, as if she has ever read the Tony Benn book!!
I think im going to enjoy reading all the tea on Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
So she wants hot school meals delivered in Tupperware to schoolkids?
Where does the extra money for this Tupperware come from?
Is it it new Tupperware for every day or is it returned and reused?
What if someone forgets to return their tuppaware do they not get a meal that day?
Where does the extra time come from to make sure all the tuppaware is cleaned and sanitised properly before being reused...or if it's coming from a home where someone is covid positive then what?
What if the meal isnt reheated at home properly and the child comes down with food poisoning...who shoulders the blame then? Etc etc...

She really is just a big mouthpiece throwing words out of her mouth without thinking of the bigger picture

• Heart
Reactions: 85
Literally not, as somebody has to buy the tubs with lids. And transport/insurance/petrol/parking costs. And chilling them down to a safe temperature so they don't grow too much bacteria by the time they've been delivered, sat around and then been reheated. And cold storage for the transportation so they don't begin to warm up again.

Oh, and putting kitchen staff in the kitchens (if they have one, rather than having stuff brought in from outside), all close together preparing the food - and testing the kitchen staff so that nobody with asymptomatic Covid contaminates colleagues, whoever is driving it around and every single vulnerable child on the delivery list - and thereby closes the entire kitchen for up to a fortnight so NOBODY GETS FOOD.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
I wonder if "mama" is pronounced "MAma" or "maMAA". I think maybe the latter, as it fits her creepy Victorian childhood narrative.

I find her so repellent today. I was going to put a little bet on to distract myself, but I couldn't find a horsey called "F@cking Greedy C#nt"
He’s 10, nearly 11. I’m guessing he’s always used Mum/Mummy when he was little.
She’s a tit.

Reactions: 28
We still haven’t been issued any kind of food box or voucher at my children’s school. This is a school with a high percentage on FSM in a high poverty area. Yet the primary school at the top of the leaderboards, under the same local authority on the other side of town with minimal numbers on FSM (friend works there!) have been recieving theirs since early last week 😔 The same happened when the bubbled year groups were put into isolation. The top school got food baskets from the LA but the 3 times my own children were sent home and isolated we recieved nothing, even after I enquired about it.

Edit: got the words bubbled/isolated mixed up.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.