Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooooh I thought I’d seen Nicola miller as one of jacks fan girls! This is 👌
Nicola blocked Jack and I think it was down to Jack taking the piss out of the trifles at Christmas . The screenshots are on here somewhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 50
Plus it isn't even her actual lived experience - she was poor for a few months about 10 years ago and has created a narrative of being the bleeping Eliza Doolittle of the 21st Century out of it.

Also I absolutely love your picture - Cathy is an icon.
Please can this image be created, still laughing at it!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think, like several others, it might be time for me to take a Jack break. I can see which way the wind's blowing here. Her (as usual) performative slacktivism will see her lauded by the Twitterati as Queen of the Poors and anyone not towing the party line will be dogpiled by her new army and decried as a right-wing troll who wants to see poor kids starve. Even if she does donate all her fees from this new media carousel she'll be raking it in from an explosion in book sales, website ad revenue, donations from the well-meaning but perpetually naive, etc. Her sadfishing selfie the other day already feels like a year ago, doesn't it?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
And mom qted her an hour ago! Markedly silent re: Jack....
I see a couple of people who have liked this tweet are Jack's ~close personal friends~
ETA I quoted the wrong post. A couple of Jack's friends have liked this one ...

___544-40ae575c6e72a3cbf634fb4f99a84ab8.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I'm excited to ( not) tweet my busy mp Thursday. I do hope she reminds me.? Or as that all stopped now?
I haven't been bothering to tweet or email my MP about any of this. He's SNP so far to the left of Jack and actually providing an opposition to the Westminster government. SNP MPs and MSPs have been donating pay rises to charity for several years now and have been vocal on these subjects years before Jack. As usual, she just jumps on a bandwagon AGAIN and forgets it as quickly.

Reactions: 30
Give it time and she’s bound to dress up as Eliza.
"All I want is bungalow somewhere
Far away from the cold night air
With one enormous sideboard
Oh woooouldn't it be lovely?"

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.