Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No child deserves Horse Spunk Lasagne or salad bag pesto.
She is insufferable. If she wanted to she could run a how to/simple cooking show via YouTube. She could have been doing this for months instead of Twitter Twatting
Back in the day we talked about her running a YouTube Channel but she isn’t organised enough and she’s an extremely tit cook .

View attachment 386146

And that's just her instagram grid posts

🙈
Jay, you are a buffoon if you’ve fallen for her spiel.

Reactions: 50
She is insufferable. If she wanted to she could run a how to/simple cooking show via YouTube. She could have been doing this for months instead of Twitter Twatting
She doesn't even need to do a video. She just needs to do something simple like a weekly meal plan. You know, the kind of thing most people do in their day-to-day lives. Something which doesn't generally involve 9 slow cookers and a bullet blender.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She doesn't even need to do a video. She just needs to do something simple like a weekly meal plan. You know, the kind of thing most people do in their day-to-day lives. Something which doesn't generally involve 9 slow cookers and a bullet blender.
I get more useful recipes for budget cooking on a Facebook slow cooker group than I've ever had from any of her books.

Reactions: 24
___132-97363cf1f971dc3a3adf04acc20e3006.jpg

This is off the Channel 5 Twitter tonight (which she’s retweeted). What the duck is going on here? Is she able to facetune video now? It looks like a 21st Century Teenie Max Headroom. “Fu-fu-fu-fu-foood paaaaaarce-ce-ce-cels” twit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Wait a minute has she actually admitted that “she makes a living”??

• Haha
Reactions: 24
No child deserves Horse Spunk Lasagne. In fact

Back in the day we talked about her running a YouTube Channel but she isn’t organised enough and she’s an extremely tit cook .
True, her cooking is a bit...... awful(I’m trying not swear)
However her supporters constantly hail her as the queen of budget cooking and demand she be given a chance so isn’t it time she put her money where her mouth is and offer some practical help instead of standing in her kitchen outraged. Show people what to do! (Just not the horse spunk lasagne there’s already too much footage of that😳)

Reactions: 30
The local people that work in my kids canteen are amazing. They have onsite kitchen, but are there at stupid o'clock to make sure there is something in the morning for the kids, even if it's a pancake of muffin, and a drink.
They have real life food hygiene qualifications, not just arsing about with cheap tins, and know a lot of the kids by name, good and bad ones. For Jack to imply what she has concerning the canteens and schools is quite frankly, offensive.
With the constraints and budget cuts and timings that they have to stick to they are amazing
This is the thing - our catering staff are in house, never been contracted out. They know all the kids well, keep an eye on them, and tip off Heads of Year if children are skipping food or making poor food choices.

I once had a student become homeless literally overnight, and they made food for the family, and ensured she had breakfast everyday on arrival. They make tiny budgets stretch miles and make nourishing meals, not slop.

I'd ask a school catering manager in a deprived area for advice any day over some middle class twit like Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Show people what to do! (Just not the horse spunk lasagne there’s already too much footage of that😳)
This is the issue, she seems incapable of showing people what to do, because despite LIVING IT for the past 8 years, she somehow still cannot make a simple bechamel (never mind spell it), and give her a packet of fish fingers and she'll make ....... a lasagne.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Fuckin 'ell, see that Rashford is taking a break from campaigning to play a game of kicky-ball - if only he had Monroe's work ethic, lazy bastard.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I could only bear to watch a few seconds of that channel five video but my word she is REVELLING in this, I could feel the joyful glee radiating through the screen. It was really bleeping inappropriate for the subject matter? Like she was almost breathless?

It's the glorious high of a narc having all their needs fully met, and as others have said, the crash is going to be colossal.

And the way she begins? "I am an INCREDIBLY resourceful cook who has made LIVING from making meals out of thin air and hope"

Jfc. Can she get any more up her own hole? HER "MEALS" ARE INEDIBLE SLOP AND HER "LIVING" IS MADE TAKING MONEY FOR NOTHING FROM HER PATREONS??!!??

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
View attachment 386163
This is off the Channel 5 Twitter tonight (which she’s retweeted). What the duck is going on here? Is she able to facetune video now? It looks like a 21st Century Teenie Max Headroom. “Fu-fu-fu-fu-foood paaaaaarce-ce-ce-cels” twit.
All those jangling utensils behind her, cluttering up the background. Too many big metal tongs. I feel like I’m coming round from an anaesthetic, and it turns out I’m an extra in Ratched 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.