Jack Monroe #130 Or, more likely it just didn’t happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tonight’s Jack is me after a lot of rum. Full of bullshit and eager to broadcast it. Thankfully my clique tell me I’m being a twit and don’t openly encourage more bad behaviour.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
That pedal is going back so fast it’s on fire
FFS. None of this actually explains why you nicked someone’s story without credit and then had the nerve to claim “IT’S MY STORY”. To the whole of Twitter you absolute chump! In front of your blue-ticker mates whose toes will be curling with embarrassment for you.
Always an excuse. Not my fault cos ADHD/trolls etc. Grow up.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
What would the government have to gain from hiding Jack Monroe's advisory role on various unspecified projects? Also, if she's done so much behind the scenes work, have any of them been successful?

And where are the beige recipe cards?!

ETA: new bio, bye bye thunderclap

View attachment 384560
RIP THUNDERCLAP.

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to see Jack debating again "MY GRANDFATHER IS DEAD" followed by a six page letter sent two days after the event.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
All of tonight is a massive massive tantrum at getting caught out for stealing a story, and then failing to get what she thought was her entitlement, which was attention and acknowledgement of her expertise on poverty. This seems like towards the end of the tantrum, and now she's desperately acting important by pretending she has hundreds of secret dms exposing the truth. As another poster said she's waving her arms like the unpopular kid trying to get picked for the team, and getting ignored.

Her tweet here:
shows her appalling, demanding entitlement.

How rude and snippy she is. How she says it's her story after brazenly stealing it from an actual working class mum. How she demands that she be the one to write it. How she gets in a bit of guilt tripping about being a freelance writer. How she says this is my life's work. The last two really show her priorities. She is so intensely narcissistic that she actually thinks people are being unfair to her if they don't give the limelight and media opportunities she feels entitled to. She feels denied and she genuinely thinks it's unjust. I just can't get over "this is my life's work". Not, there's this terrible thing happening, please raise awareness, but: This is MEEEE, my time to shine!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 76
To delve deeper:

She claims to have been consulted many times by govt advisors who insist that she remain anonymous.

She says this is usually "a box-ticking exercise".

Am I thick, or how can it be both? If she IS being consulted to tick a box, fill a quota etc, then surely she would HAVE to be named? "We consulted working class people such as food writer Jack Monroe" etc etc. Nothing makes sense!!

• Heart
Reactions: 65
All jokes aside I do feel a smidge bad for her. I mean imagine, a topic comes up she tweets about, some other blue ticks get involved and get more interest than her despite her saying pick me to front it.

After all this time she still has to work as hard as she claims to be noticed. I mean all the others did was tweet it she'd had to to the whole shebang.

I feel sorry for her. There I've said it.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
This is exactly what roadsidemum asked Chartwells hours ago...will go and grab it
I know I’m a bleep quoting myself but - Can’t find the tweet now - cba looking... just call me custard cake jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I can feel the rage through the qwerty.
On a mini-grunka...a while ago she said that spending too much time together in da bungalow together during lockdown 1 split them up??!!
Edit: OK, @Whaa? and other Frauen are on the same page (and earlier than sloth me) again. Good we are not talking patent law here, so pleased to know I am not crazy in regards to memory and judgement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
The founder of the thunderclap has gone from her bio, woe!!

There’s so many people blowing smoke up her arse on Twitter right now, she must be off her tits on all the praise. Like proper gurning, big-fish-little-fish-cardboard-box mashed up raver of excitement because of all the people telling her she’s the best person in the whole of the UK.

All of this crappy food box stuff already happened a few months ago. She said she was going to do something about it then, it never materialised. Suspect the same will happen this time - the attention from the public on this issue will dwindle and her minuscule attention span means she’s onto the next thing. But she’s shouted so much about ‘doing something’ that people become convinced that she has actually done something. She’s centred herself instead once again. It’s infuriating. She’s a narc.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Also, finally. She admits that her obsessive manual filing of tattle ended her relationship. Louisa probably suggested she just doesn't read it and she went into full rage mode.
Also, she was an absolute cow to and about L in the days of DKL - and that’s just going by HER OWN TWEETS.
Trolls, my arse.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
On a mini-grunka...a while ago she said that spending too much time together in da bungalow together during lockdown 1 split them up??!!
that was then, this is NOW!!

I can’t believe she is using this as an opportunity to grift for work after initially making out it was to help and getting people to message her. What a witch.

• Angry
Reactions: 30
All jokes aside I do feel a smidge bad for her. I mean imagine, a topic comes up she tweets about, some other blue ticks get involved and get more interest than her despite her saying pick me to front it.

After all this time she still has to work as hard as she claims to be noticed. I mean all the others did was tweet it she'd had to to the whole shebang.

I feel sorry for her. There I've said it.
It's OK to feel sorry for her. She will be suffering now, in her own way. Children genuinely feel hurt when they are ignored and not picked, and we can say Jack's too old to be feeling like this, but the fact is she is stunted and she does feel like this.

...But it is her fault: if she had put in actual work and campaigning instead of spending the last 8 years screeching and attention seeking on social media, she wouldn't be being ignored.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
These are not Jack tweets... but this keeps being retweeted into my timeline and it’s like a catalogue of phrases that she uses. I must admit, I chuckled.

___577-b07c187617df8772ea498b08a4432a32.jpg
___578-b4826bf612e44455965ae9786631a17a.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
To delve deeper:

She claims to have been consulted many times by govt advisors who insist that she remain anonymous.

Am I thick, or how can it be both? If she IS being consulted to tick a box, fill a quota etc, then surely she would HAVE to be named? "We consulted working class people such as food writer Jack Monroe" etc etc. Nothing makes sense!!
I'm puzzled as to what she would be consulted about. She has no knowledge, professional experience or insight into anything that I can see being of any use to the government. Even if she's just rehashing The Poverty again, it would soon become apparent to any civil servant with knowledge of the benefits system that she's talking bollocks and even if she weren't the system is completely different now and her story is no longer relevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I have no cooking skills, no knowledge of nutrition, don’t care what real children actually want to eat and I can’t price things up to save my life, but duck it, giz a job.

ive been homeschooling an unwilling secondary school child who has been doing really well but hit a wall today. I’m in a bad mood.
Ah I feel you on the homeschooling, I've spent a lot of the day trying to talk my yr 11 off the ledge about his anxiety regarding his GCSEs and his panic and confusion over if he fails them (I'm 100% sure he wont) it's so hard for them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It’s so miserable watching her retweets go up and up. It’s her new pinned tweet now too. How was Mary Poppins only this afternoon?! I’d rather have softly, gently, slowly Jack than activist Jack.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
To delve deeper:

She has probably responded to government consultations on eg poverty, benefits, social mobility. Which by the way, happen all the time and anybody can respond to. Just take a look on the government website - I believe they were accepting submissions up until today from organisations and members of the public on the impact of lockdown for example. They are often a bit of a ‘box-ticking exercise and responding to such consultations does not mean you are working with the government...

Reactions: 36
This latest outburst shows the extent of Jack's lying, because she KNOWS that no one on here would rip the original poster apart. She's been grunkaing along with us for long enough to know that. She is such an evil manipulative bleep, she really freaks me out sometimes because it's like she actually has no soul!
She actually used the same excuse when she backed down from her “black voices” thing. She was spectacularly tone deaf about the whole thing, even saying she would “curate” a book of black women’s writing (edited by herself of course), and would give over her SM platform to black food bloggers an ex cooks. Then when her lack of activity was questioned, it was because she didn’t want to expose those black food bloggers to her trolls.
She’s utterly pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.