Jack Monroe #130 Or, more likely it just didn’t happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm super behind as ever. But here are my unasked for thoughts.

Of course those food parcels are abysmal, insulting, a joke. It makes you rage. That's not £30 worth of food.

I have never seen threats made to her on twitter. Not to say it doesn't happen but I read most of her tweets and a lot of the replies and I've never seen them. If someone had a grudge against her why would they then target people who had tweeted @ her? I don't think she is protecting anyone.

The poor deserve a less chaotic champion than her.

I'm sure her heart is in the right place some of the time. I'm sure she did have a tit time (though how much of it was because she didn't tell her family how much she was struggling I don't know) when she was on benfits/a food bank recipient. But she doesn't follow through. We know she has an uncertain relationship with facts. We know she promises and doesn't deliver.

If she really cared, really cared about people who are struggling - she'd admit her own failings to herself and get her house in order.

You can't pour from an empty cup.

Marcus and his team seem driven, focussed and effective. They have the country behind them.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Read the room.bleep.
It’s not very professional is it. Most freelance journalists would be phoning round all the papers/mags if they have an idea for a story. You have to be pretty proactive in that line of work.
Not Jack though. She just sits there like Lady Muck expecting the offers to come flooding in, and asking Twitter followers to pull strings for her. 💅

I don’t believe her. It’s just too convenient that she has all this “evidence” but it’s in her DM’s so no one can see it.

Reactions: 40
What will the new thread title be? After tonights colossal tantrum, Mary Sloppins seems like months ago!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
this is what 4 months/ over £40 of thrifty shades of beige exclusive recipient cards looks like

Sweet FA

• Haha
Reactions: 65
My cat when I was 17 nearly amputated one of my fingers with a Pyrex bowl - I was rinsing it under the tap, as I was fending for myself whilst my mother was in hospital for three weeks and she jumped up beside me. I jumped, dinged the inside of the Pyrex bowl on the tap and it shattered into long, scalpel like shards between my fingers. I saw my tendon, said 'tit', and ran out of the house and across the road to my Mum's friend with my hand up in the air. The cut was so deep and surgical, I didn't start bleeding until her friend had brought me inside, seeing my face and my hand held up high, knowing this was obvious An Emergency. And then I bled. Four hours later, after sitting in A&E with my hand up like I was trying not to ask a question in school, wrapped in four expensive linen teatowels and one pristine white hand towel, I was patched up and went to visit my mother in her ward.

I refused to have Pyrex in my own home when I moved out because of it - and, thinking about it, I think my mother got rid of everything as soon as she got home from hospital.
I had a Pyrex jug explode like that in the kitchen sink too! I don't even remember there being anything to cause it. That injury sounds like a nightmare though, I escaped with a few scratches.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Dear Jackie.
You catch flies with honey not vinegar.
(Up) Yours,
A real-life trained national Journalist 😁
PS: Edited to add I'm genuinely nice and not a bleep.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
I got the tower one with the rotisserie.... slightly mis-sold as the picture shows a whole chicken..... it would need to be a tiny pixie smol chicken as no way your average one is getting in there!
It has trays like a normal oven also

I got it last week and so far I have made quesidillas, the cake, hassleback potatoes, peri peri rotisserie chicken thighs, cheese on toast, semi-dried tomatoes,fried chicken gougons!!!
Tonight I am using the dehydrator function to dry out some raspberries and apples which I will make overnight oats with!
I've got the ninja dual (replaced am ancient breville halo that I loved), and I want to hate the ninja, but it's so damn useful!

Reactions: 13
But, but she's been in the papers tatts and all,😳

I don't think it's that pet is just an easy way to say we don't to work with you.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Time for a Twitter break please Jack. She's long overdue one. The constant tweeting, the empty promises, the lists, the endless self obsession. Keyboard warrior of the highest order. Take a day off

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Is being white and middle class what might be regarded as an "unorthodox background". This image she has of herself as a plucky outsider is bleeping incredible. She's the ultimate sharp elbowed middle class chancer and only tonight has been called out for stealing the work of a working class woman and trying to take ownership of her story. Radical idea but how about we listen to people experiencing poverty and let them put their own views forward without Jack getting in the way.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
That pedal is going back so fast it’s on fire
I'm on a minor grunk here as I stopped reading earlier this evening around dinner time, but I be confused. How would retweeting someone lead to all these terrible effects, when sending out umpteen billion tweets centred on herself wouldn't? Where's the logic behind this? This threat stuff ain't coming from the cabal anyway; no one here would touch her grimy bod with a ten foot pole. Think of the food poisoning you might acquire from her nails!

She's also completely evading the question of whether she asked for permission before appropriating someone else's stuff online. Plagiarist Jack is not a new personality.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
To delve deeper:

She claims to have been consulted many times by govt advisors who insist that she remain anonymous.

She says this is usually "a box-ticking exercise".

Am I thick, or how can it be both? If she IS being consulted to tick a box, fill a quota etc, then surely she would HAVE to be named? "We consulted working class people such as food writer Jack Monroe" etc etc. Nothing makes sense!!
Of course she’d be named in the final report if she was consulted. Consultations seek a wide range of views and the reports will name even the most difficult contrarian back benchers and activists if they were consulted.
She’s talking absolute shite.
Probably still a bit salty that we spotted she wasn’t mentioned in the National Food Strategy report despite having pretty much claimed that she gave Henry Dimbleby all his ideas 🙄

Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.