Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please, please just have some bran flakes.

For once.

(are the orange bits in the egg uncooked yolks?)
Yeah the eggs are snotty, I noticed too. The leeks are burnt. Carrot bleeping pesto on the side. This woman is a bloody “food expert”. Right.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
BFA24A38-99C4-42E8-BC74-4EF13D6D5883.jpeg
A1FBA71D-9FDC-4312-9423-BBC6E9E1F30D.jpeg
D7F4FEAA-815B-4352-B27B-38B90721D6EC.jpeg

Yes, as everybody pointed out, it was a death trap. Although I remember it very differently, as you didn’t actually cook anything through! Trying to equate hersef with the John Torode thing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I’ve never seen carrot pesto before. Can that really be called a pesto? Blitzing veg, seeds and I’m assuming cheese doesn’t make a pesto, does it? I don’t eat cheese so I’ve never eaten pesto but I know what it is... and I don’t think it’s that.

Her tastebuds are on and off like a light switch. They returned at Christmas and have disappeared intermittently ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Those poor eggs. They look very unevenly cooked. I like mine creamy but those seem to be a mixture of hard bits and raw bits. How is it even possible?

I wonder what sort of vinegar she used on the leeks. I can't imagine it being very nice.

It's not bleeping pesto if it's made out of carrots and sunflower seeds. It's just a mush.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
I’ve never seen carrot pesto before. Can that really be called a pesto? Blitzing veg, seeds and I’m assuming cheese doesn’t make a pesto, does it? I don’t eat cheese so I’ve never eaten pesto but I know what it is... and I don’t think it’s that.

Her tastebuds are on and off like a light switch. They returned at Christmas and have disappeared intermittently ever since.
Oooh potential thread title there @NP - Her tastebuds are on and off like a light switch!

Edit: in the time I took me to type this, the tastebuds had ‘dulled’ 🤨

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I thought you were joking about Rhodesian Ridgebacks because I thought they were dragons in Harry Potter. 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Wtf is up with those eggs?
Even as this forum's 36th most prominent vegan I know this is not what eggs are supposed to look like.

I like a savoury breakfast and I'd quite happily have a tofu scramble with leeks and some carroty dip, but WHY put vinegar on leeks? And carrots and sunflower seeds do not a pesto make. #WordsHaveMeanings

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
B727E76B-F95C-45EA-A9C5-FA860D1C676D.jpeg

I have moments of really jarring cognitive dissonance where we already know this, and that she invites discussion on it. It’s just mad.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
View attachment 381238View attachment 381240View attachment 381241
Yes, as everybody pointed out, it was a death trap. Although I remember it very differently, as you didn’t actually cook anything through! Trying to equate hersef with the John Torode thing.
Boohoo, other chefs have larger kitchens. Dear heart, you are, in your own words 'NOT a chef', so I guess you are a food blogger and 'activist'. To my knowledge, many, many food bloggers have much smaller kitchens than you. I can't comment on the kitchen sizes of activists.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.