Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks like an absolute death trap tbh, locks and window handles squiggled for her privacy but Jack pls shut that window handle properly I know 2 people that have been broken into because their window wasn’t clipped shut!! That’s not a threat before ya start 🙄

View attachment 381121
Given how small she is doesn’t this just seem idiotic(the utensil bunting) I am 4ft 11 I generally don’t deliberately go out of my way to make getting utensils difficult 🤷🏻‍♀️ I keep things I use everyday/frequently low and don’t make them potential hazards.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
F42AEC57-E28C-444A-B690-07D16B1C7476.jpeg
0B476D1C-2E2B-4043-AC06-3F3436F49D6E.jpeg
1DA59DA2-C407-4866-8C67-D98038BD0641.jpeg
B44C2B0A-1660-4BF8-A454-7FF66F050172.jpeg

I haaate it when she does that retweet reply thing. And yes, dip your hand in, just make sure you’ve had your tetanus first.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
Why does the cutlery look so dirty?

It's not hard to wash it before a picture Jack.

Also, she cannot deal with ANYONE saying she’s getting better and being happy for her to be able to taste again. I half think the passive aggressive replies are aimed at here.

Reactions: 49
She has a lovely kitchen. I have a tiny 10 by 8 kitchen and it’s hideous. I can fit a washing machine or a dishwasher but not both, there wasn’t even space for a fridge freezer originally. Unlike Jack I couldn’t even fit one in the hallway. ...it’s on,y because the previous tenant (yes Jack I RENT) took out a larder cupboard that there’s space for the fridge freezer. However this means cupboard space is limited for food and kitchen stuff.
I do get that private renting can be frustrating (been there and done it) as you never quite know if the place will be sold from under you. i also suspect Jack has few options as she’s probably earning too much or has too much saved to qualify for social housing (and she’d probably sneer at that anyway) but not enough to buy somewhere outright. No mortgage company is likely to offer a mortgage as her income isn’t stable enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
why is there *always* sad little odds and sods of veg lying around?

thread title 130 what a sad little leek, Jack 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Also the only Rosie and Jim song I know was a naughty one we sang at school as kids

Rosie and Jim
Rosie and Jim
Having it off
In an old dustbin
Jim goes AHH
Rosie for AHH
And out pops Eric cantana 🤣

Also is she 10, why is she wanting a pat on the back for cleaning her kitchen?! I expect that from my 8 year old when he cleans his room not a 33 year in their own home.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
CFD798F4-179C-45D9-9327-03FD43C164F3.jpeg
3F16501C-A1EF-4EA0-AC5B-871D69E07ABF.jpeg

Hint, hint.

0B6A4382-5B87-47F6-8058-A5D83DEC936C.jpeg

Needless to say, she is literally having the last laugh, as this joke has been being made for the last 12 hours.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
View attachment 381226View attachment 381227
Interesting that she had the shot all ready for the first meal she could taste. And what the f would all of those things taste like together?!
Why does that abomination appear to be arranged on a cut off leg of corduroy traazers?

And her recollection of nearly being set on fire on This Morning makes it sound far more exciting and maverick than it actually was - as others have said she has entirely hijacked Jonty Rhodes experience. Her appearance consisted of her back to the camera and silently prodding at uncooked spaghetti for an uncomfortably long time. No fire risk there.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I’ve never seen carrot pesto before. Can that really be called a pesto? Blitzing veg, seeds and I’m assuming cheese doesn’t make a pesto, does it? I don’t eat cheese so I’ve never eaten pesto but I know what it is... and I don’t think it’s that.

Her tastebuds are on and off like a light switch. They returned at Christmas and have disappeared intermittently ever since.
Pesto just means pounded so anything can be pesto thats made into a paste

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
why is there *always* sad little odds and sods of veg lying around?

thread title 130 what a sad little leek, Jack 🤣
This has always baffled me. I'm not on a £20 per week food budget, but I plan our meals, shop accordingly and only very rarely have random bits of veg that need using up. I also don't usually have leftovers, apart from when I deliberately make extra for lunch the next day.

This sounds very regimented, but of course there's flexibility and things change. Still, never found a sad little leek in my fridge.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.