Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just did a little Google to see if Jack had mentioned being expelled before and found this article where she admits she carries a knife when jogging
Is it a bread knife, as she's gone on record as saying that's the only type of knife you'll ever need?

I also find it ironic that the woman who allegedly stole a scalpel from school (and apparently continues to carry around deadly weapons in her adult life) wore a stab vest to Glastonbury.

Unless it's all abject bullshit because, you know, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Of course the school just tousled the cheeky urchins hair and sent her on her way after she stole an item that could be used as a weapon. That soooo happened. I smell shite.
My eldest isn't much younger than her and schools had zero tolerance policies toward weapons even back then.
The police would've been called in and at the very least she would've got a public bollocking in front of her parents. You can't give a child a 20 minute detention without informing the parents let alone exclusion.
More likely she bunked off and sat in the park. Someone would've asked why and she said she was expelled.
Bullshit bullshit bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Just watched SKL, and some gobshite chef called Adam had a proper snobby moment of turning up his nose at tinned crab. bleep. Jack, wanna chip in on that? Seeing as youre never going back on there.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm not sure I'm too enamoured with Jacques polluting the Linda McCartney brand - the OG of vegetarian sausages (Sosmix doesn't count). She's not Vegan, she's not even vegetarian so get to absolute duck. How she's managed to con another company into paying her loads of money for basically duck all, I'll never know.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh lord can you imagine?
Trying to remind a group of journalists of a dinner party donkey's years ago when a socially awkward smol pixie inarticulately and self consciously rolled out sub teen theories on, like, Nazis and how bad they were, and like, they are still around you know. I expect they kindly listened for a little while trying to tease out any logic or coherence before giving up and turning to the person on their other side.

It's like her burning indignance over Edwina Currie walking all over her - and Jack's stinging rebuke - days later 😂
Why would she need to visit Auschwitz to write a story about the present day rise of the far right? You can read all about Auschwitz and Nazi Germany as that has been covered in so many books, and we all know how fast Jack reads.

I have been to Auschwitz and Birkenau, whilst it was very interesting, moving and very emotional, it told me nothing about the current situation with far right extremism. What did she think she would learn from this trip that would enable her to write this book, that she couldn't already find out by reading history books?

No wonder they laughed at her. It is like a 16 year old wanting to do research for a school project, not an investigative journalist uncovering some unknown far right extremist phenomenon.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Thank goodness I don’t have to pretend to talk to the PE* teachers anymore in the photocopying room so I could sly their code.

*they did minimal photocopying so it was easy to hide I was using their code instead of mine all only some of the time.

[looks smug] I have a card I can bleep for unlimited copies under the General Admin budget. I'm very popular, particular when it's coming up to the end of the Financial Year and copying budgets are running low.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Very interesting how that article says Allegra got expelled from school, but doesn't mention Jack being expelled too.
I thought that too. It feels like a missed opportunity to show off - "we were both expelled but look at us now, successful West London lesbians!"

I forget who said it up upthread but maybe shes assuming the experiences of those around her

Reactions: 42
Why would she need to visit Auschwitz to write a story about the present day rise of the far right? You can read all about Auschwitz and Nazi Germany as that has been covered in so many books, and we all know how fast Jack reads.

I have been to Auschwitz and Birkenau, whilst it was very interesting, moving and very emotional, it told me nothing about the current situation with far right extremism. What did she think she would learn from this trip that would enable her to write this book, that she couldn't already find out by reading history books?

No wonder they laughed at her. It is like a 16 year old wanting to do research for a school project, not an investigative journalist uncovering some unknown far right extremist phenomenon.
Exactly, all journalists who have been reporting on th rise of the far-right, Trumpism, consipracy theories and Qanon have been following social media and things like 4chan, 8chan, Reddit and Parler. They don't go on a concntration camp tour for this. (Perhaps she is confusing repeating other people's tweets and insights for being a reporter again).

Reactions: 32
Is it a bread knife, as she's gone on record as saying that's the only type of knife you'll ever need?

I also find it ironic that the woman who allegedly stole a scalpel from school (and apparently continues to carry around deadly weapons in her adult life) wore a stab vest to Glastonbury.

Unless it's all abject bullshit because, you know, Jack.
i feel like jack wearing a stab vest to Glastonbury should be brought up at least once on every thread - i dont think even Steve Coogan could have dreamt that up for Alan Partridge

• Haha
Reactions: 69
I'm not sure I'm too enamoured with Jacques polluting the Linda McCartney brand - the OG of vegetarian sausages (Sosmix doesn't count). She's not Vegan, she's not even vegetarian so get to absolute duck. How she's managed to con another company into paying her loads of money for basically duck all, I'll never know.
Someone posted an example of how much money companies will pay to influencers for social media mentions. Something like £1,000 for a single mention on a platform. So not nec. a major deal. If someone at LMc had had a quick look at her 'cleaned up' Instagram for example, they might have thought it was money well spent🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 24
She can’t even keep her story straight in 3 tweets.
View attachment 379533
Someone (not on Tattle, obvi - rules, innit) who went to/taught at her school should reeeeeally send these to the current Head and Govenors and ask if this really happened. Because if it didn’t, it’s verging on libel, imvho.

ETA: as a grammar, I presume this is a hard-to-get-into, high-flying school that values it’s reputation? They probs won’t be happy with the way she keeps picturing them).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Just did a little Google to see if Jack had mentioned being expelled before and found this article where she admits she carries a knife when jogging
I don’t get why she doesn’t get done for this stuff? It’s peak privilege, imagine writing an article in a newspaper that you carry a weapon WITH INTENT? There really are many Britains aren’t there - how lovely it would be to occupy hers!

• Wow
  • Heart
Someone up thread (sorry for not finding it) astutely said that Jack regurgitates 6th form opinions now as she never went to 6th form.
Further education obviously does not benefit everyone, and is obviously not available to everyone, but it is such a leveller (it was in my case anyway). You meet people far cleverer and more original than you and accept that your 'hot takes' are quite humdrum really. Nothing wrong with that and all very healthy really as you recalibrate your sense of self.
It often seems Jack is stuck in a stage before this.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

She just wants to go so she can take pictures of herself looking moved because what is more important than the emotional exhibitionism of a self obsessed grifter. If the dinner party snobs incident happened at all I suspect they were just trying to ascertain what new perspective she was going to bring to the Holocaust because I really can't see what she could possibly offer beyond trying to insert herself into it in some offensive way.

• Heart
Occasionally in Art, occasionally in DT, occasionally in Biology, as they are so bleeping dangerous - it's the 'They've behaved well all year and I think we can bring them out now', usually with at least one other person in the lesson and you hover over them, watching like a hawk every second - if there isn't at least a tech or other person who can be there, it doesn't go ahead, and if the class dynamic is uncharacteristically 'off', it doesn't go ahead.
when I was at school in the 80s, we dissected rats when I was about 13/14. We each had our own dissection kit, complete with scalpel, which we carried around in our school bags, on the bus etc.

Thinking back now I am 😵😵😵

I certainly wouldn’t have ✄ myself with it after dissecting a dead rat 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Catching up, but here's what's still on mine in one screenshot (all previously posted. read bottom to top)

Screenshot_20210109-113111_Fenix.jpg

And this:
Screenshot_20210109-113127_Fenix.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.