Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are scalpels even common in schools in your experience?

I did biology through to A Level and never saw one, our coursework was on potatoes and osmosis! The closest we got to organs was a teacher inflating a pair of lungs with a straw. She got them from the butchers (we asked / were horrified) so a potential new recipe for Jack
I did A Level Biology back in the late 90s, and the one and only time we were given scalpels was to dissect lamb hearts. Definitely didn’t do anything like that in secondary school, but it was a particularly rough school, so scalpels would have been exceptionally risky 😄

But Jack went to a grammar school so I can well imagine they were allowed to wield scalpels at a younger age.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t get why she doesn’t get done for this stuff? It’s peak privilege, imagine writing an article in a newspaper that you carry a weapon WITH INTENT? There really are many Britains aren’t there - how lovely it would be to occupy hers!
So bleeping privileged - her little brother wouldn't be able to do that. But she, in her middle class whiteness and posh voice when there's no audience, oh, she'd be able to carry a knife about with her so easily that she can brag about it in the papers.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Love your receipts ❤

I did biology through to A Level and never saw one, our coursework was on potatoes and osmosis! The closest we got to organs was a teacher inflating a pair of lungs with a straw. She got them from the butchers (we asked / were horrified) so a potential new recipe for Jack
I did that potato nonsense too...nothing inspires a lifelong love of science like weighing slivers of raw potato before and after soaking in sugar water 🙄We had our lung inflation cancelled for Foot and Mouth though.

Actually there was once an Incident where a girl ate a bit of copper sulfate thinking it was M&M shell and had to be rushed to hospital. After that I think they cancelled a lot of practical science classes. Schools take this tit seriously (apart from Jack's).

ETA: just read Marmalade's screenshot collection. Who the hell is still so bitter about their schooldays in their 30s? Christ, move on!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
when I was at school in the 80s, we dissected rats when I was about 13/14. We each had our own dissection kit, complete with scalpel, which we carried around in our school bags, on the bus etc.

Thinking back now I am 😵😵😵

I certainly wouldn’t have ✄ myself with it after dissecting a dead rat 🤢
Babes, same (and a frog). I still have mine, used it at Uni and it’s still in mint condition! (Biology degree, 🔺)

Times sure have changed. And the law on knife carrying is extremely clear and extremely harsh. She’s either an idiot or a fantasist.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If Jack has ever named her school previously then this needs to be shared with tnem. Pretty sure if she's making such allegations they'd like to know about it.

Lying witch.
The teacher thing - It was in the papers, he was cleared of the assault charges but admitted to the images

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I lived in Poland in the early 90s, near Auschwitz, but I did not visit.

God, I hate how she is Jack of all causes...but ...master of
.duck all

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’m a bit older than her and am quite embarrassed at all the annoying and tedious ‘rebellious’ and ‘naughty’ stuff I did in year 10 and 11. Smoking and sneaking out and bunking off and arguing with teachers because I was definitely having my human rights abused by being told to wear a tie and flat shoes and all that nonsense that 15 year olds go in for. Imagine bragging about it now. I just feel quite guilty for what I put my parents through and think about how annoying I must have been to my head of year.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Screenshot_20210109-122224~2.png

A little 29p roll up for a Saturday. If this lot comes good I'll sign up for fifty shades of shite.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Love your receipts ❤

That would be really offal....

• Haha
Reactions: 31
A now deleted tweet. Ffs does she have to make every single political situation or current events about her?!
Screenshot_20210109-060014.png

I'd love the hear their side of the story. And you ARE paranoid and ridiculous!
Visiting a concentration camp is a deeply moving experience that stays with you for ever and not a trip to show you are right. They probably do remember the experience - that dullard who wanted to do a "school trip" to Auschwitz. Hard to accept, I know, but educated media types might have more experience of certain things than you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
She’s talking pure tit, claiming she got expelled without her parents finding out.
I got suspended for two days for smoking a joint at lunchtime (lol🔺) and they rang my mum at work and she had to come and collect me (sorry mum) same happened to the other people I was with.
I can’t see how you could get completely excluded and your parents not find out, just doesn’t ring true at all!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Edit: it would be interesting though to hear back from the school, thinking about it. She made an allegation there that could be considered a serious one - namely that a self-harming child who attempted to steal a scalpel, apparently to continue self-harming, was 'ceremoniously (whatever that means) expelled' without any contact with her parents rather than being offered support. That surely can't be good. The school is Westcliff High School for girls and, if this truly did happen, they would have a lo to answer for. Perhaps they should be asked for comment about this dereliction of duty...
I like the way you think

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don’t get why she doesn’t get done for this stuff? It’s peak privilege, imagine writing an article in a newspaper that you carry a weapon WITH INTENT? There really are many Britains aren’t there - how lovely it would be to occupy hers!
I know I mentioned before that it is legal to carry certain knives in the UK, Swiss Army types fall into that. But it becomes illegal as soon as you're carrying that knife with the intention of it being a self defence weapon. Which is what she's publicly stated in that article. She's an idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I assume she’s banking on her deletions and general chaos meaning the school will be loath to address any questions at all about her time there, especially if she intersperses it with the basically factual details about the teacher, so she gets away with it. And by claiming her parents didn’t know, she’s locked down that fact checking avenue as well.

Reactions: 23
Does anyone else think she deliberately makes up and spews out the most ridiculous tit, intertwined with the tiniest kernels of truth, then sits back and thinks, ‘Have at it’ ...?

And logs onto Tattle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.