Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alright, which one of you Fraun und herren have a cheeky ma/pa/sb/sg etc who manages the Princes twitter account...šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Whenever anyone says bellend I think of @Billybellend now!

Who ā€œfolds inā€ green beans (Jack, I know) folding is a very specific term which has no real use outside of baking where you are trying to keep the air in, no?
Similarly, I am sure she mentioned 'julienning some carrot into ribbons' in one of the many Christmas Dinner guises, which really boiled my piss at the time. I didn't mention it because I am a massive pedant and being new to Tattle wanted to keep that to myself for a while šŸ˜‚ BUT julienning is cutting into matchsticks and ribbons are, y'know šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I noticed that, I think Princes is trolling Del Monte and I am, as da yoof say, here for it.
Getting all up her niche šŸ˜‚. Totally here for it too (I bet their site has less retro style horror show food than Del Monte too)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She will lay claim to whatever condition she thinks makes her look quirky or interesting while at the same time giving her a convenient excuse for any negative behaviour. She couldn't describe any aspect of a life through an autistic lens without plagiarising other people's experiences. That is why she's always playing up to the stereotypes that the rest of us keep actively fighting against: she doesn't know what the duck she's talking about.

I know opinions on this vary within the community but I personally feel that if I was only autistic on Twitter and otherwise neurotypical I'd consider myself very fortunate.
I used to work for a consultant neurologist who had us all donate samples as controls into a preliminary autism study (not allowed, don't tell anyone!). He had us all do an autism diagnotistic test as a very basic assessment of our responses to make sure we were viable controls. After this, he called me into his office and told me I was likely on the lower end of the spectrum and so my samples weren't going to be used.

I've never followed it up and gotten an official diagnosis - although it did explain some stuff about my reactions, having to learn responses and conversational skills by observation and memorisation, I felt that it wouldn't affect how I was and wasn't enough of an issue to make a difference if I sought help. I feel that she's had something similar, an offhand comment given to her and chased it up as far as she possibly can to use an excuse for being terrible in real life. To me that isn't autism, it's just being crappy.

I struggle to see anything redeeming in her, and wielding a genuine dignosis that affects people hugely as an excuse for being horrible is damaging to genuine sufferers. Goes for her ADHD, arthritis, autism, all of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
God, she's a pain the arse and the people who ask her dumb questions are too. Just Google it you bellends! :rolleyes:
Some of these have got to be a piss take...surely? Most packets of dry stuff have recipes on them and they certainly have the cooking instructions.

Now, how exactly DO you eat custard?
1609851606806.png

This poor individual seems to think they are sitting on a stash of toxic waste that is about explode! šŸ’£šŸ’„

1609851563128.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Hi @TVC15 thereā€™s a really interesting documentary about a tv presenter with ASD. Not sure if or how you could access it where you are
The thing is, Chris managed to get a tv career in the 80s and maintain it AND be something of a national treasure.
I guess he doesnā€™t have RA and ADHD and he isnā€™t non-binary so he had it easy
Although he is a vegan...

I am now actually dead from this šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Maybe Iā€™m a pedantic horrible witch (especially if the brother has health problems Jack hasnā€™t yet shared with Twitter) but there shouldnā€™t be any ā€œpoppingā€ in to Asda and 14 year olds shouldnā€™t be joining their parents for a wander round the shop.

Also one of my least fav groups of people are those who you see when out for a walk - theyā€™re having a ā€œcompliantā€ meet up stood two metres away chatting across the path - but means everyone else has to either walk through them and their Covid spittle or walk round in them through the mud.
A while ago a family/ group of friends in my supermarket were catching up, and I cursed at them for blocking the isles.... Take it outside FFS!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.