Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My glorious, glorious autism prevents me from doing so much in society, and it’s the reason I’m treated badly a lot of the time. People think I’m slow if they don’t know me. The teens in my building make fun of me, lol. I don’t get to hide being autistic. JM talks about autism only when she wants to brag or make excuses. We are a marginalized group with poor health outcomes, high suicide rates, very poor employment, and very little access to society. I’d love to hear JM describe something about her autistic life that might resonate with the community. Seriously. Anything other than autism makes television presenting hard/I don’t like parties.

ETA - Hey, and I wouldn’t even mind her writing about how autism makes television presenting difficult. I’d be really curious, if they were honest about it. Could shine a small light.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 110
View attachment 372037
Coz you is so working class, innit?

(I don’t either. Overnights?)
Oh Jack it's simple. A childminder is self employed, and you employ a nanny. Keep up darling even the daughter of a miner and a mill worker knows that (ie. Me)

Isn’t lockdown larder redundant if people can still get to the supermarket and most foods shouldn’t run out this time as they’ll put limits on pasta etc to stop panic buying. I’m not sure who lockdown larder is meant to help?
Her

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Absolutely fed up, I work in a secondary school
I was pretty gutted about the news, but I can’t feel too sorry for myself. I can’t even imagine how exhausted anyone working in a school must be. I’m so sorry. Here’s hoping this is a case of things getting worse before they finally get better.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Absolutely fed up, I work in a secondary school
Sending you love. And anyone else who is having a bit of a moment ❤

My fella and I don't live in the same town so we are going to be apart for who knows how long. But I know there are some other Fraus here who have been flying solo through most of this so I'm sure I can manage. Don't go anywhere you lot please x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
My glorious, glorious autism prevents me from doing so much in society, and it’s the reason I’m treated badly a lot of the time. People think I’m slow if they don’t know me. The teens in my building make fun of me, lol. I don’t get to hide being autistic. JM talks about autism only when she wants to brag or make excuses. We are a marginalized group with poor health outcomes, high suicide rates, very poor employment, and very little access to society. I’d love to hear JM describe something about her autistic life that might resonate with the community. Seriously. Anything other than autism makes television presenting hard/I don’t like parties.

ETA - Hey, and I wouldn’t even mind her writing about how autism makes television presenting difficult. I’d be really curious, if they were honest about it. Could shine a small light.
She's a pile of tit, isn't she? I want to say something like "sending hugs" but that's so shite too. But... y'know what I mean

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I was pretty gutted about the news, but I can’t feel too sorry for myself. I can’t even imagine how exhausted anyone working in a school must be. I’m so sorry. Here’s hoping this is a case of thing getting worse before they finally get better.
Thank you, I work in science so we had planned and prepped for this week before Christmas, this got altered on the last day of term so today we prepped for tomorrow, I'm going in tomorrow to put it all away especially the chemicals.

All the extra things I'd ordered so we could teach practical chemistry safely in classrooms are now redundant.

Can I also say our slt have had no days off over Christmas, they have worked all through including the ones with small children and they are exhausted, when I left today they were sorting out how the testing was going to work (more wasted time and effort), and all the work they did over Christmas was rendered useless tonight

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I bet Marcus Rashford and Tom Kerridge get on DKL ;)
Yep I'd like those two on, plus a spot of baking with Paul Hollywood ably assisted with his special celeb guest assistant David Walliams. Naturally That Man can continue with his Channel Four show.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
JM talks about autism only when she wants to brag or make excuses. We are a marginalized group with poor health outcomes, high suicide rates, very poor employment, and very little access to society. I’d love to hear JM describe something about her autistic life that might resonate with the community. Seriously. Anything other than autism makes television presenting hard/I don’t like parties.
She will lay claim to whatever condition she thinks makes her look quirky or interesting while at the same time giving her a convenient excuse for any negative behaviour. She couldn't describe any aspect of a life through an autistic lens without plagiarising other people's experiences. That is why she's always playing up to the stereotypes that the rest of us keep actively fighting against: she doesn't know what the duck she's talking about.

I know opinions on this vary within the community but I personally feel that if I was only autistic on Twitter and otherwise neurotypical I'd consider myself very fortunate.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I'm considering starting a petition to have statue of Jack erected in Southend just to see how many of these numbskulls sign it.
Only if we can have a mass Frau outing to drag it into the sea if it gets put up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Yep I'd like those two on, plus a spot of baking with Paul Hollywood ably assisted with his special celeb guest assistant David Walliams. Naturally That Man can continue with his Channel Four show.
Or yer man from Top Gear!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She will lay claim to whatever condition she thinks makes her look quirky or interesting while at the same time giving her a convenient excuse for any negative behaviour. She couldn't describe any aspect of a life through an autistic lens without plagiarising other people's experiences. That is why she's always playing up to the stereotypes that the rest of us keep actively fighting against: she doesn't know what the duck she's talking about.

I know opinions on this vary within the community but I personally feel that if I was only autistic on Twitter and otherwise neurotypical I'd consider myself very fortunate.
Solidarity from an ADHD-frau to you and @TVC15 . The insights from people here with autism are worth so much more than anything JM says. I appreciate it so much when people share their genuine experiences here. It’s not like we’re going to learn anything meaningful about it from JM’s twitter!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m from Northern Ireland. I can remember taking a trip over to Blackpool about 2013 to go to pleasure beach and the b&b we were in served tinned plum tomatoes as part of the breakfast. My partner who is also from NI informed me this is a common thing in north west of England. He went to uni in Preston. Is this correct?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Only if we can have a mass Frau outing to drag it into the sea if it gets put up.
Nah we can start a spoof religion devoted to it. Every year on Jacks birthday we can gather round it it for a celebratory howl 'n' claw before ceremonially burning a sideboard and distributing tins to the needy.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I'm still catching up but how many siblings does Jack have? I'm guessing she has a lot of random people she can use for clout due to her family fostering. And yeah, they only come out when she wants to use them for clout. She talks about her mum and dad a lot, but not the rest of the family.

I seem to remember something about her having a black brother around the time of BLM, but again, I could be plucking that out of thin air.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Did the cans have ring pulls? Asking for a forensic friend
At the designated bench on the Southend seafront the agent sidled up to a bird in trousers. He was almost certain he had the right person from the tattoos but her face was at least a decade older than in the photos he'd seen.
"Did the cans have ring pulls?" he whispered to her, glancing nervously at the three engagement rings she was wearing like a knuckleduster. Monroe was notoriously vicious. The last agent they'd sent to liaise with her had barely escaped with his shins intact.
"Yes, absolutely" she replied, adendoidally. Having received the correct response to the code phrase he slid the Tiggy and Bo bag over to her.
"Thankyou. Now duck off" she said with a grin, putting her aviator shades on and scampering away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.