Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really sees herself as the saviour of lockdown doesn’t she?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
That question about tinned plum tomatoes 😫😫
Her response gives me anxiety tbh, am aware I’m insane for even thinking this but the fear of knocking a single shard of tin into the tomato mix by stabbing it about would simply be all too much? Just put it in a bowl and wash it up ffs?!

(Am aware no one has yet died from ingesting a microscopic shard of tin but you don’t want to be the first do u)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Her response gives me anxiety tbh, am aware I’m insane for even thinking this but the fear of knocking a single shard of tin into the tomato mix by stabbing it about would simply be all too much? Just put it in a bowl and wash it up ffs?!

(Am aware no one has yet died from ingesting a microscopic shard of tin but you don’t want to be the first do u)
I've seen this advice before, and it always struck me as odd. It's very easy to break tomatoes down with a wooden spoon as they cook, and you have less chance of spurting tomato juice around the place (admittedly cleanliness has never been high on Jack's list of priorities).

Of course, maybe some people are too poor for a wooden spoon... 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
That question about tinned plum tomatoes 😫😫
I nearly spontaneously combusted when I read that,...,it has to be a wind up.
This makes a real case for bringing compulsory home economics back in schools from a young age if people are so clueless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm considering starting a petition to have statue of Jack erected in Southend just to see how many of these numbskulls sign it.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Wow! Pop into Tattle to find the JM thread languishing down about 9th from top. I guess she’s having a quiet day, 😁.

The court case against KH was when I didn't know is much about JM, so I was happy to see her win. Sadly it seems to have fed into her delusions about herself and her relevance to the world.

KH is a hideous individual and to be honest I prefer Jack. However am hoping Jack will become less and less relevant as time goes on and as people realise how manipulative she is.
I've seen this advice before, and it always struck me as odd. It's very easy to break tomatoes down with a wooden spoon as they cook, and you have less chance of spurting tomato juice around the place (admittedly cleanliness has never been high on Jack's list of priorities).

Of course, maybe some people are too poor for a wooden spoon... 🙄
This is what I do when I accidentally lift the wrong tomatoes become some twit as set plum tomatoes in the chopped section and I'm rushing. I🤣

Don't you have them with a full english, or on toast or in a bacon sandwich - that's how I read them being served as a 'side'. Mmmm, tinned toms on toast...

ETA - got to be good quality though - never scrimp on your tinned toms Fraus and Herrs. Same rule applies to bath bombs - better to get the full fizzy thrill of a £5 Lush bath bomb than the thud of a Home Bargain 79p one.
If there not seasoned to hell I am not interested. Tinned is my least favourite way to have food. Always has been even in my poor days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I re-read that about 10 times because I was sure I was misreading it somehow! This person explains Jack's success as a recipe writer. Who serves tinned plummed tomatoes as a side :LOL:
My mother used to have them on a cooked breakfast or just on toast

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I re-read that about 10 times because I was sure I was misreading it somehow! This person explains Jack's success as a recipe writer. Who serves tinned plummed tomatoes as a side :LOL:
Don't you have them with a full english, or on toast or in a bacon sandwich - that's how I read them being served as a 'side'. Mmmm, tinned toms on toast...

ETA - got to be good quality though - never scrimp on your tinned toms Fraus and Herrs. Same rule applies to bath bombs - better to get the full fizzy thrill of a £5 Lush bath bomb than the thud of a Home Bargain 79p one.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.