Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I assume she's 'researching' for her new book by reminding herself of her ~origin story~?
Probably seeing what she can add to it. Perhaps an episode where she is awoken in the night and beamed up to a flying saucer and a space Tory tells her she should have shut her legs.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I just read the Blind Date column and, like, it’s vaguely amusing but they’re quite obviously trying to be the edgy, neggy version of that amazing couple that left their knickers at a house party and it just seems really... forced?

I guess all of Jack’s [failed] attempts at humour and going viral are even more strained so she probably sees this as effortless.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Modern Blagging - a Grifter’s Guide

I quite like Counting Crows Jack - it’s rare that I get a sense of authenticity from her, but with this, it’s actually ringing true with some evidence, history and enthusiasm from her.
Agreed. Strange that she's not mentioned them much (or at all?) before when she's so into them as she tweets her every thought but she does seem to be sincere.

I don't know much about the band at all but JM liking something doesn't automatically make me not like it. That'd ruin far too many things!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Happy birthday @MancBee!

I also cannot stand Grace Dent. She used to have a very funny column in The Guardian Guide (RIP) but since she moved to TV, urgh. She's got a face like a slapped arse, got way too thin so her face looks even more sneering and looks so joyless. Eats vegan apart from 90% of the time she eats meat on MasterChef.

I think she used to look a lot 'smarter' when she started appearing on Masterchef, compared to what she looked like on a recent clips show - I remembered that she had a face on her that looked as though she had a broom shoved up her arse - and then she complained about a not quite perfect element in a meal with quivering lip and apparently near to tears that she had experienced such trauma. It completely reminded me of somebody with a disordered eating, nearly distraught that they had used up their calories on a taste of something that wasn't perfect.

The joyless, in the face of food, brittle personality is reminiscent of a more polished version of JM.

Reactions: 19
Modern Bungalows (crappy).

That Guardian article was highly irritating. They both seemed utterly try hard. Picking up steak with both hands - so quirky! 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
It’s like, I’m not a Taylor Swift fan, but it’s clear a lot of people here are, so I just 🤐 when her name comes up. Mind you, I genuinely love songs like “Macarena”, “Saturday Night” and “Mambo No 5”, so...
You are welcome to dance with me in my sideboard-less kitchen any day. Might put Barbie Girl on as a special treat for us both.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It’s just always clever wording isn’t it? The references to salary, income etc.
I’m in a good financial position at the moment, but sometimes I’ll have a period when I decide to eat out of the cupboards and freezer for a week, or I buy cheap food at Aldi because I happen to be near one. There’s absolutely no need to make a drama out of it.

Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.