Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have I dreamt this or did she say on DKL she’d save a stock cube for a fancy meal.. like date night ( duck, I hate myself for typing that term)
Stock pots are fancy.

She uses stock cubes all the time, every other comment BTL in her Guardian days was "where are you getting a stock cube for 2p?" She even uses them in recipes where they really don't belong...hell, they're probably in the bloody trifle.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Hate to defend monroe in anyway, but I am a daily train commuter, a few times I have seen people miss the step and end up with a leg in the gap. I have never seen people go both feet though. it sounds quite ridicolous. As always with her any grain of truth is very small, if not someone else's story.
I once nearly lost a skinny 5 yr old down a gap at a steam railway museum as she missed the step, still only one leg in the gap. And one very panicked helper bitterly regretting volunteering for the school trip

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
OT but am watching Bill Bailey's Limboland and he mentions an anecdote of two women conversing and he caught the tail end of the conversation and heard ........ "there's that puddle I was telling you about". He didn't elaborate but I'm convinced it is the magic tardis Mary Poppins bag muddy puddle of Southend however.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
She truly am.
Ailments so far include:-
ADHD (severe)
Alcoholism
Allergies-tomatoes, onions, shellfish
Anaphylaxia
Anorexia
Anxiety
Arthritis
Asthma
Borderline diabetes
BFRB
Broke 46 or 47 bones in her foot
Broken toe
Burnout (severe)
Chilblains
Concussion (severe)
Depression
Disfigured legs
Distended ribs
EDS
Eye injury (see @BeautifulTrauma)
Fucked up lungs - death rattle
Gifted (diagnosed)
Hair loss
Hayfever (severe)
Heart problems
Heart attack
Hyper sensitive (wrists 🤢)
Immuno compromised
Mouth ulcers and ouchy mouth (severe)
Panic attacks
Port wine stains
PTSD
Scarring
Sexual abuse
Sprained shoulder
Sprained thumb (washing up injury)
Trauma
Unruly labia
Violence (?)
Weakened knees
Whiplash (severe) 🥱
What on earth are distended ribs? I don’t remember this one 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Overpriced tat? Not to my taste lol, she certainly has assigned a status to it for it to be mentioned
Oh no, I wasn't laughing at you calling it designer, I was laughing that Jack thought it was. So much so, she implied that it meant she couldn't be "white trash" if she was carrying one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
So, I was on a micro-grunk this morning.
Did someone say it looked like Del Monte had hoofed her into the long grass?
Back to this, the FB post that was shared said not available when I saw it on here. What exactly did it say/what was suggested?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
What on earth are distended ribs? I don’t remember this one 🤯
Most women's ribs are distended after pregnancy it's a normal physiological adaptation she has patholagised for effect. May have made up a word there with my maverick refusal to use American zzs

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Have I dreamt this or did she say on DKL she’d save a stock cube for a fancy meal.. like date night ( duck, I hate myself for typing that term)
I'm a bit disappointed we haven't had a recipe for Take Off Your Clothes Stock to accompany the Come To Bed Parmigiana and duck Off Me Sauce.

Maybe she's lining up an entire book on "recipes to shag by" after she's finished the poverty tome, the Greek Cypriot cookbook, the ethical culinary bible, the ouchy mouth recipe guide...

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Babe, so where did you get the leftover pilau rice? Can’t wait to eat my rank dinner out of a doll’s saucer 🙄
mushy peas give me the fear. I can't really explain it, the colour, the texture, perhaps what happened to them before the fate of them was mushy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Stock pots are fancy.

She uses stock cubes all the time, every other comment BTL in her Guardian days was "where are you getting a stock cube for 2p?" She even uses them in recipes where they really don't belong...hell, they're probably in the bloody trifle.
This has just reminded me of the snippy replies she always used to post in response to critical BTL comments, which to me are second only to the Kickstarter non-apologies in the "cringe yourself into an accordion" stakes.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This place is ducking with my algorithms I typed Kate Rusby into utube and JM's landslide was half way down the page. One the Barnsley Nightingale the other the Southend Seagull

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.