Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's weird how Jack seems to treat Instagram like it's something in its own little bubble. There are insta posts that show her in the 50p jacket, mushrooms and radishes bought in tesco express 2 different days, photos of food she's been eating over 'rona period, fish delivery, grinning trifle photo.
Will be deleted as soon as she's caught up here.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I couldn't agree with you more. If your relationship combusts after a few weeks of crisis, it was never that strong to start with. No judgement, we've all been in relationships that haven't been great. But good relationship survive much, much worse than having to be in close proximity for a few weeks.

I feel very sorry for people (women in particular) who have had to stay with partners during this pandemic who have turned abusive, manipulative and plain toxic. I am happy for all of those who managed to secure themselves their own accommodation and move out.
I think being in each others pockets has actually made my relationship with my fella stronger tbh. I was worried that I would be sick of the sight of him after being together almost non stop since March but nope 🙂 I've had some of my best moments of the year with him. Just as well really because I've done duck all else 😂

Here comes Jack with the excuses again. 'I don't have a TV career because I'm working claasssssss. My relationship failed because we were both working from hoooooooome'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
yeah it was my first thought when she started sharing images of that thermometer. Thought immediately of Sid James and the tea.
Wasn't there someone else also present in the crappy bungalow when she posted picture 🧐😷

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The thing about the shortage is that article she loved is waffling on about the FDA stopping imports to the US. How does she think that affects us - surely there would be more for us if they can no longer send it to the US!
Y’all she’s a Murican or did ya forget?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Hang on, didn't they say they weren't working with our favourite scampering bollock eyed loon and to let them know if she claimed she was...?
Reckon she's still going to use the hashtag and just happen to not mention it's unofficial. Lying by omission - oh I never claimed it was an official collaboration.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
If she didn't have bucatini THEN, how has she got it NOW?
GOOD POINT!! She made this yesterday with penne so has somehow managed to get bucatini in the past 24 hours. Hmmmm 🤔

Wasn't there someone else also present in the crappy bungalow when she posted picture 🧐😷
Yes, someone with a temperature of 104! It was Louisa Compton, head of News and Current Affairs at Channel 4.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
It's all rather tiresome, isn't it?

I'm back from the Most Exciting Trip I've had since - July? (Time has no meaning anymore), where it was casually mentioned that they picked up potentially serious issues in my hip over three years ago but didn't think to tell me about them. I've also been given a massive shot of steroids into said hip, told I mustn't leave the house for 2 weeks (work are going to love that when Mr Pob Gove seems to think we're all champing at the bit to rub shoulders with teenagers on January 4th and it'll be fine. Probably.) and been vampired bu Vladette the Not-Quite-Impaler, who insisted on using the wrong arm and the wrong vein before changing her mind once she was in and turning the cannula 90 degrees to through-and-through to another vein. Dear Hearts, I yelped at that. I haven't yelped at a blood test since I was six years old.

After all that excitement and travelling, I'm now back at home with a still sore hip (foot, back, etc, etc), a gradually blackening arm and I need some pampering.

Should I have pureed slugs, Ferrero Rocher and Spider Plant Pesto on a rinsed bean and spaghetti hoop porridge? Or should I let Mr D lovingly present me with a bacon and egg French stick with mustard, ketchup and cheese? Or tomato soup with extra chilli flakes, mustard and a cheese baguette? Conveniently, because he's not a predatory scumbag, he doesn't expect sexual payment for putting food in front of me, unlike those Sorts who think eating tit food obliges the victim to perform services as recompense.

I think I'll go with whatever he makes, actually, as it's bound to be edible.
I hope the steroid injection gives you some relief. I winced when I read the needle part😲.
Glad you have edible food to eat.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Hang on, didn't they say they weren't working with our favourite scampering bollock eyed loon and to let them know if she claimed she was...?
She’s being clever and not actually saying it’s with them. I don’t know if they can stop people doing vegan collabs in Jan and hashtagging them veganuary... but if they’re going to try with anyone hopefully it will be her!

Reactions: 37
If I was Louisa, I'd flee as soon as I could. She was stuck there for COVID / Coronavirus reasons and had to put up with Jack's passive aggressiveness over picking up socks / waking her up to tell her about Monroasties / wailing about how ill *she* (Jack) is etc etc. And that's BEFORE you think about the food she's had to endure.
Not to mention all the pass-agg stuff around food. Like Jack insisting no one else is allowed in the kitchen but then moaning like a martyr about how no one else does any cooking. Or those ghastly-sounding “cookery lessons” which she forced upon L, including the one where Jack actually managed to burn a baked potato (excellent teaching there). And all the tweets complaining about how useless L was around the house.
I think living with Jack would be pretty unpleasant.

Reactions: 58
See you, I’m a little bit in love with you. You do scary face swaps which leaves me conflicted, but then you talk about the Gooch and the love hearts come back 😂
I seen someone call it betwixtmas and I was like nah mate. Don’t be conflicted about the facials ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Pastitsio ffs. I keep thinking of that ear worm from Mordor, Justin Bieber’s Despacito 🤦‍♀️ Des-pastitsio lalalalalalalala hhhnnngggg

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I totally forgot about this! Didn’t she say the euc branches were from a tree she discovered in her rented garden and then she hung them in her shower? And then we never heard about the tree again
The resident Koalas took umbrage at the smol lil pixie taking their food. They issued a cease and desist which was delivered by the brambly mice.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.