Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The schools totally shut from March- Sept here, we went 100% online and had to upgrade our home internet to cope. 4 of us sharing the space and it was 50° for a lot of it, so we couldn’t go outside. We all cried the day they announced we couldn’t go to work/ school but I love my husband and kids, the very fact of talking to them every day wasn’t a bad thing. My daughters think I am a good teacher now after watching 7 hours of video calls a day. My husband thinks my colleagues are a bunch of hilarious cackling witches after overhearing our department meetings.

Why is she so horrible? Why is she so negative about her friends and family?

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Husband is in a similar position and it's shocking as he is strictly speaking employed by the government. Now on skeletal staff because 70% of his colleagues are off with Covd-19, some with complications. It's awful and I know how lucky I am to be working from home.
She's so tone deaf isn't she. I'm sick of being stuck in the house and I'm also sick of working part time on furlough as i feel useless however i have friends who are nurses and social workers and work in hospices so i shut the duck up about my woes in front of them as I have tact and empathy and am very aware of my privilege! she doesn't give a second thought to who might be reading her tweets . She has the emotional intelligence of a 5 year old.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I think she did it to try to pacify him - I don’t recall her ever saying anything outright negative about him (I could easily be wrong on this, so much chaos it’s hard to keep track) but people definitely questioned why he wasn’t helping when she claimed to be selling all her belongings/dressing SB in 20 jumpers/feeding him cheap slop. The article I think was her clumsy attempt at damage control there.
It's a common narc tactic to deflect valid criticism - I think it's called love bombing, and it's then used against the recipient "how dare you criticise me, didn't I write praising you in a national newspaper? You never appreciate anything I do for you"

Reactions: 45
It's like she forgets that other people have made adjustments and compromises this year.

I know how lucky I am: employed in a job I can do from home with minimal change (been able to wfh for 15 years, although never did more than the odd day), a room I turned into an office, no housemates streaking behind me on calls.
There has been a toll on mental health, not as bad as some but it needs managing.

Step away from the keyboard Jack. You are digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself and it's going to end badly

• Heart
Reactions: 49
i can think of times at festivals where being exposed to her nasal voice and soulless shark eyes could have sent me off onto a very bad trip
I once saw Gary Rhodes (RIP) making bread at a festival & it took a decidedly different direction.

Retrospectively, I can see that was a far better way of spending £20 than cramming a weeks worth of SmartPrice bollock sausages & lard into a massive rucksack & yomping miles.
...great days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I've been working from home and I hate it and never want to do it again. However, I also know I'm lucky to be working from home so I feel really guilty when I grumble about it.
I think this is entirely normal and many people feel exactly like you. And I also think it's normal to moan to a friend or your mum about your circumstances. But then, as you say, you know that you are ultimately lucky and thinking about teachers having to work without any PPE, all the NHS staff, all the people who have lost jobs, etc. makes you and me and everyone who has an ounce of empathy realise that yes, it's all tit, but there are so, so, so many people who have it worse.

Jack Monroe, however, decides to take to Twitter and tell 290,000 people how awful her life is because she can't have an overpriced chain restaurant sandwich. Makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
HER HOUSE IS TOO SMALL

Get to absolute duck you little scrote. I am squeezed into a corner in my bedroom working from home as it actually IS too small. Prick.
Me too! Bedroom is definitely not ideal workspace but alternative was the bathroom 🙄😹😹

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
oh my god, the bleeping audacity! how about getting a job in a supermarket, like you said you would? oh yeah, cos it's a million times easier to lounge about all day in a massive house, colouring in wallpaper, taking selfies and calling that work.

as i've complained about before here, i'm NHS (so i'm one of her heroes per her article 😏) and i haven't had the option to work from home even though i'd bleeping love to. and i do know there's loads of people who have it worse than me. but here she is, whinging away in the name of relatability. oh, just go and chuck a sideboard in the skip, so you can cheer yourself up buying another!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Another sewist here. Janome sewing machine soon to be joined by a Janome overlocker 😀
I have an elderly new home (janome), and a brother overlocker that I bought in lockdown

I got the new home serviced and was chatting to the guy saying I fancied a new machine and he told me to stick with that one as they're bomb proof. Tbf, it does everything I need and more besides.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ahem folks....it’s a tiny bungalow which SHE RENTS....don’t forget that she rents. 😂

As for Billy Bragg, I adore his music but I fear he has become the thing he just despises. He is now a talented musician living in a very middle-class Dorset town chattering about working class poverty which he no longer has any idea about.
It's little surprise then that he saw Jack as a loveable little working class urchin without any understanding of who she was or where she came from.

I forgive him so much for his brilliant music and being able to nail issues so creatively in lyrics but fear he is sadly out of touch.

He was also extremely rude to my music mad niece on one occasion ....at some kind of thing in London . It wasn't even music related, she just had to deal with him for something related to the event. I've never quite forgiven him for that and my niece was destroyed as he had always been a hero of hers.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.