Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she though? Sounds like it was shoehorned into the conversation in an attempt to clarify the muddied puddles waters regarding the BB situation.

<Quick! Over there! Shiny things..err, Pret wraps>
The current chaos surely can’t have completely gone unnoticed by L’s real life acquaintances so I’m inclined to agree, shoehorned in to try to pretend BB isn’t L and convince people that at least L wasn’t breaking the rules/living with someone who blatantly was.

I also wondered if her panicked mass delete, including the MR one she’d surely have left if she was doing a cherry pick was prompted by L getting questions.

Reactions: 37
Forgive me as i'm not in the 'industry', but is Pret a small local cafe in restaurant parlance?
Yes, absolutely.

It's a small selection of handpicked, artisanal bakers that provide a selection of local, homegrown sustainable & responsibly sourced goods at an incredibly reasonable price.
Definitely not a chain.

Hope this helps xoxo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
An honest question but is it normal for parents to gift so much expensive tit to adult children? The children of genuinely minted ppl that I know tend to get allowances rather than never ending piles of MC label toot? Is there a middle ground she occupies or is this odd...
On a grunka but...someone who had been gifted expensive things on many occasions had been gone unnoticed of being poor (her and her child) by her own parents who she was, by the looks of it, never estranged from and who have always lived nearby?? Would she, who is NOT PROUD ENOUGH TO TAKE MONEY FROM PEOPLE VIA HER TIP JAR NOT accept support from her parents when her son asks for more jam??

When I read about her poverty first and caught my full on empathy, I assumed, by the way it had been portrayed, that she had been left by the father of her child, that he had disappeared. I later read a piece in the Guardian about her thanking the dad for having offered his support from day one of the pregnancy. While I was relieved to read this (for her son's sake) I felt betrayed. It was one of the tipping points got me started to think that she is a pathological liar.
I assume that the people close to her have surrendered to the fact that she does this and treat it like an illness. Which really is the only way one can somehow accept her lying.

The bandana in bed makes me scream with anger having helped a friend with cancer and everybody knows what it stands for, people deliberately do NOT chose this look even if they feel like wearing one because they know it is bloody tasteless. She has got no shame and by the looks of it (image and text) she has gone as far as owning her cosplay.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
The whole “working from home destroyed my relationship” bullshit thing has really fucked me off today! That gigantic crappy bungalow where she’s got an entire room for an office, with a daybed and every bit of tech going 🤬

bleeping try and imagine you absolute cretin from hell, working from home with multiple children that don’t go to another parent’s house because they also live here. Try and homeschool them all, and work, and study, within no additional space!! I actually have proper work to do, and it goes on all day and night, in between my kids being either on lockdown or isolating because of cases at school and therefore needing to be homeschooled. I don’t pack them off every week and sleep all day! They’ve stayed at my mum’s ONCE in a year, and I spent the entire time working my bollocks off until I had to get them again! She doesn’t know she’s born.

Entitled cow. All of your exes are exes because you’re an insufferable lying grifter Jack!

• Heart
Reactions: 100
Conquering her fears, of course! View attachment 363358
Yep, she looks like she's scared out of her wits doesn't she? 🙃 If that was me (someone who would truly be scared out of my wits) I would be rooted to the spot and nothing would come out of my mouth, not a squeak. She is lapping it up, basking in the adoration, though god only knows why anyone would stay to listen to either of them is beyond me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
These are the parents, mind, who didn't seem to realise that Jack had sold all her stuff and was starving with their first grandchild in a freezing cold flat with no lightbulbs and the fridge turned off for months on end 🤷‍♀️
same thought ;)

Reactions: 25
Yup - in March we had my husband working in one bedroom and me and my son squashed in the kitchen, him using the table and me using the computer desk. I couldn’t even move my chair back for Team calls.

HER HOUSE IS TOO SMALL

Get to absolute duck you little scrote. I am squeezed into a corner in my bedroom working from home as it actually IS too small. Prick.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
If I was Louisa, I'd flee as soon as I could. She was stuck there for COVID / Coronavirus reasons and had to put up with Jack's passive aggressiveness over picking up socks / waking her up to tell her about Monroasties / wailing about how ill *she* (Jack) is etc etc. And that's BEFORE you think about the food she's had to endure.
I don’t believe most of that, I believe once ill Louisa went home and Sb was with his dad. I also don’t believe she eats the slop we see. I believe they got regular Ocado deliveries and probably hot food too.

Reactions: 32
On a grunka but...someone who had been gifted expensive things on many occasions had been gone unnoticed of being poor (her and her child) by her own parents who she was, by the looks of it, never estranged from and who have always lived nearby?? Would she, who is NOT PROUD ENOUGH TO TAKE MONEY FROM PEOPLE VIA HER TIP JAR NOT accept support from her parents when her son asks for more jam??

When I read about her poverty first and caught my full on empathy, I assumed, by the way it had been portrayed, that she had been left by the father of her child, that he had disappeared. I later read a piece in the Guardian about her thanking the dad for having offered his support from day one of the pregnancy. While I was relieved to read this (for her son's sake) I felt betrayed. It was one of the tipping points got me started to think that she is a pathological liar.
I assume that the people close to her have surrendered to the fact that she does this and treat it like an illness. Which really is the only way one can somehow accept her lying.

The bandana in bed makes me scream with anger having helped a friend with cancer and everybody knows what it stands for, people deliberately do NOT chose this look even if they feel like wearing one because they know it is bloody tasteless. She has got no shame and by the looks of it (image and text) she has gone as far as owning her cosplay.
I still wonder about that 'ode to my son's father' article. I can't help but think there was probably some kind of narc gaslighting intention behind it, especially as it's clear he's a private person

• Heart
Reactions: 50
imagine a whole festival dedicated to Jack conquering her fears
A whole spoken word beat poetry performance that went on for the whole weekend: ‘Jack Monroe: The Labia Monologues (And Why I’ve Had It Worse Than Everyone Else Ever in The History of Time)’

• Haha
Reactions: 60
We went into Lockdown on 24th Marc, didn't we? And her relationship exploded sometime before May 7th/ish, but I think she has confirmed herself it was during DKL in April?

I refuse to believe a relationship that was supposedly strong enough to go onto marriage combusted in a just a few weeks of being stuck together 24/7. It surely must have already been on its way out?

I can't remember when the tip jar begging tweets was but I doubt that helped.

Anyway, she LEFT and what can we do about it 😂
I couldn't agree with you more. If your relationship combusts after a few weeks of crisis, it was never that strong to start with. No judgement, we've all been in relationships that haven't been great. But good relationship survive much, much worse than having to be in close proximity for a few weeks.

I feel very sorry for people (women in particular) who have had to stay with partners during this pandemic who have turned abusive, manipulative and plain toxic. I am happy for all of those who managed to secure themselves their own accommodation and move out.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
I still wonder about that 'ode to my son's father' article. I can't help but think there was probably some kind of narc gaslighting intention behind it, especially as it's clear he's a private person
I think she did it to try to pacify him - I don’t recall her ever saying anything outright negative about him (I could easily be wrong on this, so much chaos it’s hard to keep track) but people definitely questioned why he wasn’t helping when she claimed to be selling all her belongings/dressing SB in 20 jumpers/feeding him cheap slop. The article I think was her clumsy attempt at damage control there.

Reactions: 30
She doesn't know she's born. When I go back I'm going to be stuck in an office with 5 other people, when the health and safety assessment deemed it safe for 2 during covid (there's a sign on the door).

I've raised concerns with both my bosses which were dismissed. There's nowhere open to go for lunch, drink my coffee - all communal spaces are shut. I'll have to remove my mask in that office to eat and drink. Can't WFH all week as I have stuff I have to do outside the office that I have to be there for, and my bosses are not fans of WFH.

I risk getting covid just by being there every day. I'd love the priviledge of being at home (and doing not very much at all if we're going off Jaack's standards, but I'd be happy to work hard!).
Husband is in a similar position and it's shocking as he is strictly speaking employed by the government. Now on skeletal staff because 70% of his colleagues are off with Covd-19, some with complications. It's awful and I know how lucky I am to be working from home.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.