Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is no way on earth she and Mrs J (remember when she was called that!!!!) needed to be 'crammed in'
Spare room and dining room. Also plenty room on landing for 'home office' so get tae duck with your 'small house'
At the height of lockdown I did zoom calls sitting on my stairs because there was bugger all space. One girl on my team did it from her shed because she had toddlers marauding round the place.
Oh and work in an office? Jesus wept, can you imagine it?

@BlendedSlop we pretty much wrote the same thing, great minds...
Remember in the olden days (about 3 weeks ago, when she was giddy after the double bodysuit superspreading photo shoot ) when she danced naked into the room when BB was on a work zoom call.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
I followed Jack on Twitter in Allegra days. She was always in and out of hospital then and talking about binding every day until she was ‘advised by the Dr to stop’. I wish I had been on Tattle the day she started calling herself Dr Jack Monroe after getting one of those honorary awards, even the Twitterati weren’t having it.
I take a strange comfort in knowing she was insufferable then as well :LOL: . I do remember years ago a friend grumbling online about Jack Monroe's unrealistic budgets ("you can't buy a leaf of lettuce for your bean burger, FFS!"), but did not start paying attention to her untill Katie Hopkins.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Jack in an office...

“Oh you’d never believe the kind of day I had yesterday...”
“Ok.”
“Cos I had a massive delivery of free frozen fish but I didn’t know and by chance I was scurrying around my massive porch like a Victorian street urchin but LUCKILY I had all these cool curvy freeze bags and loads of time and freezer space. So I separated them, with no help mind, and photographed them on my kitchen table and then I put them away.”
“So did you have fish for dinner then?”
duck no, are you mad? I went out hunting for cold fish and chips and took a photo of that too.”
“Ok...I just need to...be away from you.”
I think this is why I started following this thread over lockdown. I have an Elevenrifer work mate - as we're all WFH I'm quite happy to not have to listen to her inanities, but Jack has now replaced her.

This colleague used to sit at her desk and loudly exclaim 'Oh My God!' and there'd always be someone stupid enough to ask 'What's up?' And then the drama monologue would begin... always some nonsense, always Me Me Me.

We have Zoom group calls where she rabbits on and on, and sometimes I have caught myself eye rolling on screen 😳

ETA and I also love hanging round with a Fabulous Canal of Ninnying Trolls/Trolling Ninnys, that goes without saying 😏

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
This year I've been WFH (apart from the 7 weeks my normal job was running). I'll likely still be at it well into the spring.

I live alone, so it's very dull, but OTOH I can go to the supermarket on weekdays to avoid rush, take more walks, watch TV while I work etc.

Plus I know that I'm very lucky to have had a side job that I could turn into my main job when the corona tit hit the fan. So many people have lost their jobs.

A friend of mine works in a very large slaughterhouse. He's had to work throughout the pandemic, in pretty tit conditions. The people who work there are poor, many of them are immigrants who can't vote, so politicians don't pay attention to them. People felt they had to keep going to work, even with symptoms, because they were scared of losing their jobs. That slaughterhouse was the centre of one of the biggest outbreaks of our second wave.

So cry me a bleeping river, Jack. Your situation could be so much worse. You have no friends except your cat because you're a tit person, full stop.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 90
Has she though? Sounds like it was shoehorned into the conversation in an attempt to clarify the muddied puddles waters regarding the BB situation.

<Quick! Over there! Shiny things..err, Pret wraps>
If I was Louisa, I'd flee as soon as I could. She was stuck there for COVID / Coronavirus reasons and had to put up with Jack's passive aggressiveness over picking up socks / waking her up to tell her about Monroasties / wailing about how ill *she* (Jack) is etc etc. And that's BEFORE you think about the food she's had to endure.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Yes you probably lost some festival and events work
What exactly does she do at these festivals? Provide food at a stall? Have cookery demonstrations? make speeches about how poor she was for 6 months 10 years ago? Attempt to murder a song on stage, even though she is so, so, so nervous about singing she can't even do it in a bare room with only her phone to record it?

What in the name of all things Holy does she do at a festival that she deserves payment for?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
What exactly does she do at these festivals? Provide food at a stall? Have cookery demonstrations? make speeches about how poor she was for 6 months 10 years ago? Attempt to murder a song on stage, even though she is so, so, so nervous about singing she can't even do it in a bare room with only her phone to record it?

What in the name of all things Holy does she do at a festival that she deserves payment for?
imagine paying for a festival ticket and then she gets up on the stage to sing and talk about being poor

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I've been working from home and I hate it and never want to do it again. However, I also know I'm lucky to be working from home so I feel really guilty when I grumble about it. I also know I'm lucky that my shared flat (I RENT) has a decent-sized living room with a large table at one end, as well as a kitchen that's also big enough for a table. Means, even when my housemate needs to work from home, that we have enough space. I know there are people in large HMO's where there is no space to work and people are having to do it from their bedrooms.

Someone mentioned up thread about her desperate pleads for attention to her parents (I'm ill, bring me soup). I get the impression that she's got a chip on her shoulder about the fostering - all those comments about the 'assortment of foster children' growing up or how she helped 'parent' these kids. I suspect she didn't get the attention she wanted growing up - and maybe her feelings there are legitimate and her problems did get ignored - but she needs to see one of her three therapists on speed dial about that.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Usually they either cook something while everyone watches/, or have a sort of interview at the front of the tent... and then you can buy a signed book. Perfect for Jack as she can do the origin story and then have people give her a load of book money.

• Angry
Reactions: 31
Holy duck. She's utterly unhinged.

View attachment 363266
Like a large proportion of the population love, who usually have office based jobs
duck off with your whining, you’ve been out working quite a lot the past month or so, you even tweeted you were ‘in a good work bit’

🥕sorry she makes me so very angry, I’m considering breaking ranks

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I think this is why I started following this thread over lockdown. I have an Elevenrifer work mate - as we're all WFH I'm quite happy to not have to listen to her inanities, but Jack has now replaced her.

This colleague used to sit at her desk and loudly exclaim 'Oh My God!' and there'd always be someone stupid enough to ask 'What's up?' And then the drama monologue would begin... always some nonsense, always Me Me Me.

We have Zoom group calls where she rabbits on and on, and sometimes I have caught myself eye rolling on screen 😳
I noticed that I really have to watch my facial expressions on zoom. I eye roll and grimace a lot at stupid suggestions. Being aware of your face for a 3 hour zoom call is tiring! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I think I need to stop reading here for a bit because I want to reply to every screenshot posted with ‘shut the duck up Jack, you massive ballsack’. She drives me insane with her endless bollocks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
It's all rather tiresome, isn't it?

I'm back from the Most Exciting Trip I've had since - July? (Time has no meaning anymore), where it was casually mentioned that they picked up potentially serious issues in my hip over three years ago but didn't think to tell me about them. I've also been given a massive shot of steroids into said hip, told I mustn't leave the house for 2 weeks (work are going to love that when Mr Pob Gove seems to think we're all champing at the bit to rub shoulders with teenagers on January 4th and it'll be fine. Probably.) and been vampired bu Vladette the Not-Quite-Impaler, who insisted on using the wrong arm and the wrong vein before changing her mind once she was in and turning the cannula 90 degrees to through-and-through to another vein. Dear Hearts, I yelped at that. I haven't yelped at a blood test since I was six years old.

After all that excitement and travelling, I'm now back at home with a still sore hip (foot, back, etc, etc), a gradually blackening arm and I need some pampering.

Should I have pureed slugs, Ferrero Rocher and Spider Plant Pesto on a rinsed bean and spaghetti hoop porridge? Or should I let Mr D lovingly present me with a bacon and egg French stick with mustard, ketchup and cheese? Or tomato soup with extra chilli flakes, mustard and a cheese baguette? Conveniently, because he's not a predatory scumbag, he doesn't expect sexual payment for putting food in front of me, unlike those Sorts who think eating tit food obliges the victim to perform services as recompense.

I think I'll go with whatever he makes, actually, as it's bound to be edible.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Working from home can be rubbish, especially during a pandemic. It can be lonely, boring, bad for physical health as well as mental, and it brings its own stresses different to those from the office. Just because Jack makes this issue (like everything) all about her and uses it as an excuse to make nasty swipes at her ex partner doesn't mean that ordinary people can't complain legitimately, even while recognizing that there are worse things than WFH. It's just that Jack is her usual mix of self centred, dishonest and bitter....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I've been working from home and I hate it and never want to do it again. However, I also know I'm lucky to be working from home so I feel really guilty when I grumble about it. I also know I'm lucky that my shared flat (I RENT) has a decent-sized living room with a large table at one end, as well as a kitchen that's also big enough for a table. Means, even when my housemate needs to work from home, that we have enough space. I know there are people in large HMO's where there is no space to work and people are having to do it from their bedrooms.

Someone mentioned up thread about her desperate pleads for attention to her parents (I'm ill, bring me soup). I get the impression that she's got a chip on her shoulder about the fostering - all those comments about the 'assortment of foster children' growing up or how she helped 'parent' these kids. I suspect she didn't get the attention she wanted growing up - and maybe her feelings there are legitimate and her problems did get ignored - but she needs to see one of her three therapists on speed dial about that.

I suspect the phrase 'Mummy Issues' comes into play with her.

Reactions: 32

Conquering her fears, of course!
D209FA60-E395-45BD-AB16-AF405DF437D8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.