Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Sideboard Bob I thought the same but it certainly was a mirage, she reverted to 'thankyou' in a later tweet. With her maverick approach to language and punctuation I think she sees herself as Southend's answer to e e cummings. How long until we get a video of her conquering her fears and honking out some new poetry in her hideous quavering whine after six minutes of rattling off her origin story including her 4.5 GCSEs?

I would honestly love a Jack poetry book. The cringe would be simply exquisite.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Thanks, my friend. There are some things that I can try but, in all honesty, I think it might be a stretch. My rights as an EU citizen (like all of us) end at 11pm on the 31st. The transition was a godsend in that it gave me a year to get sorted. I thought I had done so well, with my timing and only flew back on the 7th to wind things up here and get a family Christmas. I am (and have been) isolating at home in order to ensure if things change and a negative test will get me in, then I can take one. Apart from that, it’s all Up In The Air, anything else I can do.

Not going to be too gutted though (well, trying not to!), because it does smack of self centred whinging and I know I am lucky even to have the opportunity. Things have moved on somewhat from the days of doing Xmas food shopping with a pram, a toddler and a bad cold, on Christmas Eve because that’s when I got paid and couldn’t afford to do it before!

Btw - not caught up yet so almost certain it’s probably been said but...but I have seen the Jack fishing for love tweet. My god, there’s desperate, and then there’s Jack.
It sounds like you have been spending time there in the eu country and have travelled back to england to tie up loose ends? If so, do you not have some residential rights in the eu country from having been there previously?

Reactions: 17
@Sideboard Bob I thought the same but it certainly was a mirage, she reverted to 'thankyou' in a later tweet. With her maverick approach to language and punctuation I think she sees herself as Southend's answer to e e cummings. How long until we get a video of her conquering her fears and honking out some new poetry in her hideous quavering whine after six minutes of rattling off her origin story including her 4.5 GCSEs?

I would honestly love a Jack poetry book. The cringe would be simply exquisite.
She’s completed poetry, mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I have questions...
Why did she choose this charity? She's not mentioned them before.
I think that supporting childrens breakfasts is a good choice and it could have been inspired by her recent involvement in the GQ awards, that took place in a childrens primary. I have been googling Magic Breakfast and it seems that i news is supporting a similar venture inspired by Marcus Rashford. https://inews.co.uk/news/christmas-...gow-pupils-marcus-rashford-raise-funds-804077

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
CA78271B-53E0-4BAC-AC3E-8B281A302F32.jpeg
Would being a “demented, weapons-grade slop-gibbon” get you one?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Thank you!
So it's only FB engagement. I wonder why they are avoiding her on Twitter?
The advertising on both sides is pretty non existent. When I have seen other chefs/ cooks ( slebs) working with a community they are normally shouting from the roof tips in supermarkets etc, apart from on here I have seen NADA!

Reactions: 21
Sorry my recent comments have been v boring seriously but just re reading the retailtimes article & it feels like this campaign is going to be a slow burner with a few TV/radio appearances and recipes released over 6 months so fear not, there is plenty of content for us! Also for a brexit truther funny how her campaign literally runs over the period they’re suspecting shortages?

The best part of it all is the hugely naff campaign hashtag #yesweCAN, not only is it so embarrassing having to be a brand’s witch using it, but suggests they’re hoping for user generated content (inspired by Brenda’s bangers, per chance?) around those god awful recipes.

This is gonna fall so flat lol, I’ll keep track of her brand content engagement rates - this is easy anyone can do it but I’ll keep a little table going in my iPhone notes? I doubt the hashtag will take off (hashtags? In 2020???) but if it does there’s some cooler bits we can do there too x

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.