Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have snacks and I’m wearing my favourite BOY hat, Tiggy + Bo bag and 50p jacket. I’m ready to walk the red carpet at The Sloppies dear hearts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I work in a senior school, staff and pupils do wear masks, they sit in designated places in class (and only remove their masks then), we make them adhere to social distancing whenever we can.

I've just finished the hardest term I've ever worked in schools, it's broken me.

In January we have to test every child and every staff member in school. We got told this as we broke up for Christmas. With very little guidance on how this will work, and the implication that staff will just do it) which just isn't feasible.
I was super-impressed with the letter that came home from eldest child's high school today. Headteacher wrote " Due to late notice regarding this proposal we are not yet in a position to confirm whether and/or how this testing will take place in January and I will not ask staff to work on this over the Christmas holiday"

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I work in a senior school, staff and pupils do wear masks, they sit in designated places in class (and only remove their masks then), we make them adhere to social distancing whenever we can.

I've just finished the hardest term I've ever worked in schools, it's broken me.

In January we have to test every child and every staff member in school. We got told this as we broke up for Christmas. With very little guidance on how this will work, and the implication that staff will just do it) which just isn't feasible.
I used to work in very challenging uk schools before moving to teach abroad. They haven’t been able to enforce mask wearing, from what my ex colleagues tell me. I do not blame the teachers, I blame the mixed messages from the government.

I’m astonished by the suggestion that schools will manage tests. I know what carnage the BCG/ HPVvaccinations cause in terms of logistics! We had tests here in August before term started, a huge team from the government just turned up in full hazmat gear and tested us all. Since then we’ve had loads of cases but hasn’t been transmitted at school- same as you, masks 100% of the time and all students 2m apart. Mostly teachers and sixth formers have caught it and all can trace to other contacts.

what a nightmare, enjoy the break,

• Sad
Reactions: 25

My son's headteacher has been sending out updates, and his frustration over the last few weeks has been clear, even through his polite and diplomatic letters. I know he's made a written complaint to the local authority about the last minute changes to things and lack of communication 😕.

Reactions: 27
All of the recipes have this on it, which is good for the charity, and I suppose it’s her prerogative to link to herself but it feels off all the same.
D93F25FC-6664-4120-AD5C-91CCFB732A31.jpeg

Cba to look at all the recipes but this is in the gravy one. Yuck.
AE7476EF-EED4-4D37-ABE8-0A3706E55AB1.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.