Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reason she has no idea where she got COVID is partly her fault (photoshoots, millions of bubbles, trips to London), partly BB ( is it really a thing to bubble if one of you is going to work every day- I’m baffled by this. And partly by the system- why don’t kids wear masks and social distance in school? And if they can’t why is school even open in the UK. And why can’t they track and trace properly? Surely there should be some process going on now to work out who she might have infected? Are all the photographers and journalists isolating?

The Marcus Rashford award giving is not the action of a person being forensically careful. Where were the masks then?

Going to try and stay up for the sloppies even though it’s in the middle of the night here. I will be under a weighted blanket surrounded by neck devices.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Glad we have a new thread for the Sloppies! Am setting down my floor cushion now. See you all later 🙂

Reactions: 21
just read my husband the recipe for "Jack's Xmas Gravy". He has begged me NOT to make it.

Luckily for him I am a dab hand with meat juices, stock or gravy granules. It doesn't involve raw blended onion either.

Incidentally did we ever see those gravy granules she says she "usually uses" on her £20 shops? I think not 🙄😁

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Can someone explain the thread title to me? Am hoping I'm not totally thick and it's a cultural reference. :)

It's bedtime here and I must away. I hope the Sloppies are a glittering spectacle and that you all win Best Costume.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Can someone explain the thread title to me? Am hoping I'm not totally thick and it's a cultural reference. :)

It's bedtime here and I must away. I hope the Sloppies are a glittering spectacle and that you all win Best Costume.
You are absolutely not thick! It’s to do with our covid testing system here, Track and Trace, which incidentally is about as much use as one of Jack’s recipes...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Just catching up after a brief break to decorate the tree and realising I need to go and buy more decorations and I don't have any lights so the tree is currently sadder than a Jack three courser devoured like an imprisoned sex badger in solitary.

Anyway just want to offer a hearty round of applause for the email. I love every last word of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
The reason she has no idea where she got COVID is partly her fault (photoshoots, millions of bubbles, trips to London), partly BB ( is it really a thing to bubble if one of you is going to work every day- I’m baffled by this. And partly by the system- why don’t kids wear masks and social distance in school? And if they can’t why is school even open in the UK. And why can’t they track and trace properly? Surely there should be some process going on now to work out who she might have infected? Are all the photographers and journalists isolating?

The Marcus Rashford award giving is not the action of a person being forensically careful. Where were the masks then?

Going to try and stay up for the sloppies even though it’s in the middle of the night here. I will be under a weighted blanket surrounded by neck devices.
Re track and trace, if mackie had a positive test (big IF) then track and trace would contact her, and gather a list of her contacts/movements. Ditto, whomever had a positive test, and had been contact with mackie would have been contacted and passed in her details.

Reactions: 21
I’ve been away from Jack land for a bit but has she gone more boring? Sodding loo brushes?? 🙄.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Less than 4 and a half hours to go, time to start cleaning those finger nails and trying on my Terry the Sparrow (deceased, RIP) inspired sheeting. Might even have a little pre-Sloppies drink to calm the nerves
1608306232038.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.