Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think we can be surprised about Matt Tebbutt and his politics being weighted in a particular direction, if we really think about it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
To be fair Mrs T can have the most horrendous views ever if she likes she’s just a random person with no platform who’s getting dragged into stuff by being tagged on Twitter for...no apparent reason

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I don’t think we can be surprised about Matt Tebbutt and his politics being weighted in a particular direction, if we really think about it.
Yes he gives off big Tory vibes with his popped collar and abrasive self-assurance. Would still hate duck, tbh. And he was the best possible host for Jack to make her grand TV presenting debut with because there was no pandering to her ineptitude. It’s a bit like the Edwina Currie sitch: dislike the person; dislike their politics; love their calling out of Monroe.

You’ve got to hand it to Jack, her continued beatified status amongst liberals is quite the feat given her behaviour over the years.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Yes he gives off big Tory vibes with his popped collar and abrasive self-assurance. Would still hate duck, tbh. And he was the best possible host for Jack to make her grand TV presenting debut with because there was no pandering to her ineptitude. It’s a bit like the Edwina Currie sitch: dislike the person; dislike their politics; love their calling out of Monroe.

You’ve got to hand it to Jack, her continued beatified status amongst liberals is quite the feat given her behaviour over the years.
‘Would still hate duck😂😂 You crack me up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
TBH, it really makes me question Matt himself. We don't know much about his politics, do we? It seems quite likely that he and his wife share some views.
Yes I've since wondered this. I don't have or watch broadcast TV so not really familiar with his body of work outside of the cheeky little duo collab. But he does strike me as a bit of a snobby middle class, privileged type with Tory leanings. I was also surprised that with him being a chef, he did not know about vitamins in frozen spinach. Surely that is basic knowledge. Personally I've never been that impressed with him.
Screenshot_20201220-164227_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: 7
😲 Cliff Richard just chose Jack Monroe songs on Desert Island Discs? Was 'Landslide' (cover, a cappella) amongst them?

Hahaha just watched this and my 20 month old daughter who loves music came over and was watching with me.....when
Jack got to the belt out moment my daughter started to cry!! I’m not saying it’s because of Jacks voice but..... it’s totally jacks voice!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It's an interesting conversation I think, how so many chefs have that unwavering arrogance that makes them pretty unpleasant.

Reactions: 20
Yes I've since wondered this. I don't have or watch broadcast TV so not really familiar with his body of work outside of the cheeky little duo collab. But he does strike me as a bit of a snobby middle class, privileged type with Tory leanings. I was also surprised that with him being a chef, he did not know about vitamins in frozen spinach. Surely that is basic knowledge. Personally I've never been that impressed with him.
View attachment 354267
I didn’t know he was a chef until tattle, I only knew him from food unwrapped. I had never seen saturday kitchen

Reactions: 9
MT wasn't on my radar but I did think that he was a twit on the DKL clip I watched recently where he basically acted all shocked when JM said she would use a gel stock (or whatever it is called) when trying to impress, he was really quite mean when he laughed about it and came across as a snooty prick. He can present and cook though, which are kind of important skills to have.

The tv chef world is so samey they all kind of blur into one for me. There definitely needs to be more diversity, but unfortunately JM is not it as she has no talent for cooking or presenting, not to mention that she is also a closet Tory who masquerades as a "lefty".

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.