Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Puddy Muddle Gah! I remember this! Wonder if Jack would read that recipe and recall her ‘white as Mayo’ days 😂 I have a baby led weaning cookbook that lists 2tbsp of coconut oil but only uses 1 for the recipe. I looked up the woman who wrote it and it’s like she’s fallen off the earth even though it was only published a couple of years ago!

Reactions: 13
I doubt the even the fox would eat those! Probably the only person to eat those without requiring extensive dental treatment, is jaws from bond films

Well she’s wrong again, as in branded goods Waitrose price match, and they are cheaper than Sainsbury’s
I was about to say the same. I took my lovely mil to waitrose as our tescos is huge and she couldn't manage the walk anymore. She always bought branded stuff and was amazed that waitrose was actually a little bit cheaper

Reactions: 14
😲 Cliff Richard just chose Jack Monroe songs on Desert Island Discs? Was 'Landslide' (cover, a cappella) amongst them?

She destroyed New England with Billy Bragg awhile
Back at a local festival.... what he was thinkin having her up with him Ill
Never know

Reactions: 16
Not sure, but spoke to a mate in Australia very early on and he was calling it ‘the Rona’ in his big, bogan drawl - which made me laugh. It seems a very Ozzie thing to say..
Yeah, can confirm that people here started calling it 'the 'Rona' pretty much from day dot. I stopped hearing it so much when things started getting serious, though. It was the kind of jokey thing you'd say if you sneezed in public: "Don't worry! It's not the 'Rona!" etc, but I think the days of being so flippant are long gone. I can't imagine people using it for an actual case now.

Reactions: 19
Like that Cornish project asking if they could use her recipes and who she told they could link to it because of her HARD work. Still can't believe she didn't try to lift them up and shine a bit more light on them (I do not know them at all, I live on the opposite side of the country, so I hav no affiliation).
Quoting myself, but seriously...how could her reaction not have been*: "Wow, that seems like a great initiative you have going on there! Loving the free meals you provide every day/community garden you run/food waste reductions projects etc" Instead it's al about how HARD she works and the money coming to her. Blurgh.

*I know she's a narc, that's why

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I am clenching my arse cheeks so tightly in cringe they’re in spasm.
Much like Cliffy in all of his videos, then.

MIL (the nice one I have now, not the food hating one) adores him. Mr D deliberately kept it secret when the BBC News report about the raid broke, as he didn't want to be the one to hurt her feelings.

Reactions: 11
Quoting myself, but seriously...how could her reaction not have been*: "Wow, that seems like a great initiative you have going on there! Loving the free meals you provide every day/community garden you run/food waste reductions projects etc" Instead it's al about how HARD she works and the money coming to her. Blurgh.

*I know she's a narc, that's why
It’s even worse when you realise that on the same day she said “I just can’t help myself but try to be helpful!” 🤬😭😭

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
She destroyed New England with Billy Bragg awhile
Back at a local festival.... what he was thinkin having her up with him Ill
Never know
Emperor’s new clothes innit. I suspect deep down all the blue-tickers see what she is but are afraid to call it out because everyone else blows smoke up her arse.

Reactions: 26
Somebody asked why JM doesn't highlight more local initiatives and I think it's a great point. She has so many followers (and so many of them eager to relieve some middle class guilt) and for many small projects her focus could mean a welcome temporary boost in donations. She could have done an adventscalendar, putting a UK food poverty community project (or international) in the spotlight each day to say: "Hey look what wonderful things these people are doing, chuck them a few quid if you can afford it". It would be a bigger impact than her Christmas menu. (Jack, if you're reading this, it's not too late, you could do a 12-days-of-Christmas kind of thing, from Christmas 25 Dec to Three Kings on 6 Jan)

Like that Cornish project asking if they could use her recipes and who she told they could link to it because of her HARD work. Still can't believe she didn't try to lift them up and shine a bit more light on them (I do not know them at all, I live on the opposite side of the country, so I hav no affiliation).

For someone claiming she has such burning desires to HELP, she doesn't share her platform at all (she'll share so others can be her props)

(Note of contemplation....I do think celebrities, from A to Z-list, can be picky in what or who they lend their weight to and they can say no to requests or course. Generally I would say they don't owe people they don't know their energy. But if you're claiming to be an activist with your whole image being about helping those that are dealing with food poverty and you're not putting out ladders to make sure others can be elevated, you're doing it wrong)
Agree, completely.
And I am still waiting for her list of local artists to support she announced a few months ago... There was enough time for that BEFORE she fell ...sick.

Reactions: 27
Agree, completely.
And I am still waiting for her list of local artists to support she announced a few months ago... There was enough time for that BEFORE she fell ...sick.
She’s still only been ‘sick’ max six days as the teacher revelation was last Monday.

Reactions: 20
😲 Cliff Richard just chose Jack Monroe songs on Desert Island Discs? Was 'Landslide' (cover, a cappella) amongst them?

Oh my GOD how have I missed this?! I don’t think I’ll ever stop cringing!! I’ve gone all hot!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.