Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew he was tory and by chance his wife must be but theres a difference between being tory and retweeting Lawrence fox that man is just plain dangerous

Reactions: 35
I didn’t know he was a chef until tattle, I only knew him from food unwrapped. I had never seen saturday kitchen
I tend to mix him up with another 'Food Unwrapped' man, who I once met when they filmed where I work....(underlining the need for diversity among presenters. Or perhaps underlining that I tend to think all men are the same :LOL: ).

• Haha
Reactions: 21
@Puddy Muddle Gah! I remember this! Wonder if Jack would read that recipe and recall her ‘white as Mayo’ days 😂 I have a baby led weaning cookbook that lists 2tbsp of coconut oil but only uses 1 for the recipe. I looked up the woman who wrote it and it’s like she’s fallen off the earth even though it was only published a couple of years ago!
This is totally OT; but are you talking about Young Gums? I bought the weaning book, cooked a few of the recipes when I thought my eldest needed to love quinoa/coconut oil/guacamole etc- enjoyed the recipe book but when I looked up her account the other day, it had gone silent?!

On topic, JM is more productive (in the loosest of terms) with “rona than without.

Reactions: 10
Why do all her videos start with 10+ unedited seconds of emptiness, then the writer/author/campaigner/activist bio?

Why does she need a several minute-long intro before singing?

Why can't she film in landscape mode?!

So many questions...
every time she introduces herself i immediately am reminded of Garth Marenghi
This is totally OT; but are you talking about Young Gums? I bought the weaning book, cooked a few of the recipes when I thought my eldest needed to love quinoa/coconut oil/guacamole etc- enjoyed the recipe book but when I looked up her account the other day, it had gone silent?!

On topic, JM is more productive (in the loosest of terms) with “rona than without.
I assumed it was the first book by Gill Rapley! There's actually a really nice recipe for spanish apple cake in there that i still use 😂 I did BLW when it was fairly new and my mum was consistently horrified about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
TBH, it really makes me question Matt himself. We don't know much about his politics, do we? It seems quite likely that he and his wife share some views.
I was nosing on Mrs Matt’s Instagram a while ago and she was saying how wonderful brexit was and all that garbage and Matt told her to shush, so he seemed a little embarrassed by her SM chunterings. I’m on a Grunk so it may already have been mentioned.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Why do all her videos start with 10+ unedited seconds of emptiness, then the writer/author/campaigner/activist bio?

Why does she need a several minute-long intro before singing?

Why can't she film in landscape mode?!

So many questions...
too be fair I have heard much worse. and her waffling on was painful to listen too. Her singing certainly isn't anywhere near a professional or even x factor standard or even to put on youtube. absolutely no feeling or emotion in, better than many other people, in the words of cowell 'distinctly average' is a generous evaluation.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Has anyone seen the yt video where Jack sings an oasis song?
The final chorus she smiles and glances up staring directly into the camera like its her debut moment unleashing her singing talent to the world.
Eyes locked on to the lens for the duration until the song ends...

It's absolutely horrifying
I’m cringing myself inside out just at your description. It can’t possibly be worse than the one that’s already been posted .. can it?? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 26
too be fair I have heard much worse. and her waffling on was painful to listen too. Her singing certainly isn't anywhere near a professional or even x factor standard or even to put on youtube. absolutely no feeling or emotion in, better than many other people, in the words of cowell 'distinctly average' is a generous evaluation.
she sounds like one of the girls at my school that would just put a bit too much effort into our morning hymn at assembly

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
@Mystery Pistachio Milk Yes I am! Where did she go!? It’s a handy wee book for beginning weaning.
Loving your username!

On topic - Jack’s radio silence, making the Jackolytes worry or is she settling in for the finale of His Dark Materials? Would Jack ever do Strictly? I may have cried at it last night.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I was nosing on Mrs Matt’s Instagram a while ago and she was saying how wonderful brexit was and all that garbage and Matt told her to shush, so he seemed a little embarrassed by her SM chunterings. I’m on a Grunk so it may already have been mentioned.
I suppose, like everyone else she is entitled to express herself, and many of her opinions I don't agree with, at least she isn't rabid with outrage like JM and her FM's.

Reactions: 20
Recipe: Potential Long Covid. Serves 200-500 or so Jackolytes and or confused squiggles. Cost: 0p/person, provided you give her attention

• Haha
Reactions: 19
But of course, no way will she pass up the opportunity for ultimate martyrdom! So sick with a deadly virus but still she valiantly struggles on, just to help the poor. Increased sympathy and attention, followers think she's a wonderful, selfless human being - great motivation for the lazy narc.

Reactions: 22
This whole episode is alarming.
Jackolieo can “work” through Covid. Despite the temperature, the fatigue and woolly headedness.
Ergo..why can’t everyone else ? It can’t be so bad can it ?
She is so fu****g dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I suppose, like everyone else she is entitled to express herself, and many of her opinions I don't agree with, at least she isn't rabid with outrage like JM and her FM's.
For sure and just because Matt may be a massive Tory doesn’t mean he’s in agreement with Brexit (which didn’t look like he was). He did take a veiled dig at Brexit towards the end of SK this week as well. Can’t remember what he said though. I bet they just don’t talk about it in their house, like lots of others.

Reactions: 17
Guys, guys....SUCCESS! I even managed t.i.t.h !
Hope these aren’t too Brenda’s Bangers - the chipolatas were a bit incinerated looking, but tasted great. No roast potatoes, as it was just a quick lunch. The eleven year old ate it messily, and declared it the best ever.
The oven tripped twice, but finally settled at about 200, which I think was definitely the problem previously. Thanks all!
They look lovely, I'm inspired to have a go myself.

Has anyone seen the yt video where Jack sings an oasis song?
The final chorus she smiles and glances up staring directly into the camera like its her debut moment unleashing her singing talent to the world.
Eyes locked on to the lens for the duration until the song ends...

It's absolutely horrifying

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think that it was meant to be Jack's audition tape for celebrity x factor.

I guess she was hoping the researchers would stumble upon it, possibly after a nudge from her agent.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I tend to mix him up with another 'Food Unwrapped' man, who I once met when they filmed where I work....(underlining the need for diversity among presenters. Or perhaps underlining that I tend to think all men are the same :LOL: ).
Jimmy docherty, JO's best chum and sidekick on the Southend pier thing

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.