Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh, didn't know there was an app!! Might take a look at it..
It's the lidl plus one. You get coupons every week, a virtual scratch card each time you shop, plus spend a 100, get a £2 coupon, spend £200 get £10 off your next shop. So quite good really

Reactions: 21
It's the lidl plus one. You get coupons every week, a virtual scratch card each time you shop, plus spend a 100, get a £2 coupon, spend £200 get £10 off your next shop. So quite good really
It’s great! I won a £2 voucher once!

Reactions: 23
😲 Cliff Richard just chose Jack Monroe songs on Desert Island Discs? Was 'Landslide' (cover, a cappella) amongst them?

Was there a point to any of that?

A little bit of me died inside. Who does that? “I’m so nervous, I’m so shy, I’m so (big pause) itchy...” yet here I am!

Terrible.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Are you sure your oven is hot enough, and does your batter sizzle when it goes into the fat? If not, they won't work properly
Guys, guys....SUCCESS! I even managed t.i.t.h !
Hope these aren’t too Brenda’s Bangers - the chipolatas were a bit incinerated looking, but tasted great. No roast potatoes, as it was just a quick lunch. The eleven year old ate it messily, and declared it the best ever.
The oven tripped twice, but finally settled at about 200, which I think was definitely the problem previously. Thanks all!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
😲 Cliff Richard just chose Jack Monroe songs on Desert Island Discs? Was 'Landslide' (cover, a cappella) amongst them?

This has been posted so many times. Every time I steal myself to go again. Every time I cringe myself inside out after 10 seconds and bail. I just pick a random point and go so today was just 6 seconds of heavy breathing staring at a book.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
You can do that but we always seem to be ‘waiting for the Yorkies’ this household. Everything else done, turn up the oven for the Yorkshires.
Yorkies tend to be the last things that hot the plate in my house. I don't tend to dish up individual plates, I let people take their own from dishes on the table. Yorkies go straight from oven to plate!

Reactions: 13
Guys, guys....SUCCESS! I even managed t.i.t.h !
Hope these aren’t too Brenda’s Bangers - the chipolatas were a bit incinerated looking, but tasted great.

Not at all Brenda-like, but one of them did have a certain manic pixie charm about them that just needed a little help from a medical professional. 💋

1608476044315.png

Can anyone help me identify my Cornish Pasty? Seems somehow familiar, but I can't quite put my Size H finger on it.

1608476972353.png

1608476998629.png

1608477133067.png

1608477209550.png

1608477259633.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Has anyone seen the yt video where Jack sings an oasis song?
The final chorus she smiles and glances up staring directly into the camera like its her debut moment unleashing her singing talent to the world.
Eyes locked on to the lens for the duration until the song ends...

It's absolutely horrifying

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Please God, make this happen. A Monroe v Ramsay Full English cook off. Public phone in vote all proceeds to charity. Will viewers embrace cockney sparrow Jacks authentic working class fry up or will they prefer Gordon's more upmarket number?

Can't say I'm a fan of either of them but I'd be #TeamRamsay all the way here.
I desperately want him to do a Hell's Kitchen on her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Has anyone seen the yt video where Jack sings an oasis song?
The final chorus she smiles and glances up staring directly into the camera like its her debut moment unleashing her singing talent to the world.
Eyes locked on to the lens for the duration until the song ends...

It's absolutely horrifying
link pleaaaaaseeee

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Thank you very Matt much, I had been avoiding that video untill today and wish I hadn't seen it (I don't go around the interweb to piss on people's uploads, but some people really need to learn to stop and think: "Will this be of any value to anyone? Does anyone need to hear this at all? Would I recommend this content to other people if it wasn't me or my creation?" before pressing that upload button)
First time watching for me - what a disappointment, I thought it was going to be the rather marvellous up-tempo Northern Soul classic 'Landslide'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I've got a really good idea for when uve accidentally bought Jack's book
I see what you mean.

ETA: She also retweets Laurence Fox and Darren Grimes ffs. Anyway, moving on.......
Oh no I'm not on twitter and I'm quite disappointed to come to know this. I would have thought he would have a better choice in women. Shame! I hate when you meet someone really nice then you meet their other half and wonder how the bloody hell they are together

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh no I'm not on twitter and I'm quite disappointed to come to know this. I would have thought he would have a better choice in women. Shame! I hate when you meet someone really nice then you meet their other half and wonder how the bloody hell they are together
TBH, it really makes me question Matt himself. We don't know much about his politics, do we? It seems quite likely that he and his wife share some views.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.