Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Puddy Muddle Gah! I remember this! Wonder if Jack would read that recipe and recall her ‘white as Mayo’ days I have a baby led weaning cookbook that lists 2tbsp of coconut oil but only uses 1 for the recipe. I looked up the woman who wrote it and it’s like she’s fallen off the earth even though it was only published a couple of years ago!

Reactions: 13
I was about to say the same. I took my lovely mil to waitrose as our tescos is huge and she couldn't manage the walk anymore. She always bought branded stuff and was amazed that waitrose was actually a little bit cheaper

Reactions: 14
Cliff Richard just chose Jack Monroe songs on Desert Island Discs? Was 'Landslide' (cover, a cappella) amongst them?

She destroyed New England with Billy Bragg awhile
Back at a local festival.... what he was thinkin having her up with him Ill
Never know

Reactions: 16
Not sure, but spoke to a mate in Australia very early on and he was calling it ‘the Rona’ in his big, bogan drawl - which made me laugh. It seems a very Ozzie thing to say..
Yeah, can confirm that people here started calling it 'the 'Rona' pretty much from day dot. I stopped hearing it so much when things started getting serious, though. It was the kind of jokey thing you'd say if you sneezed in public: "Don't worry! It's not the 'Rona!" etc, but I think the days of being so flippant are long gone. I can't imagine people using it for an actual case now.

Reactions: 19
Quoting myself, but seriously...how could her reaction not have been*: "Wow, that seems like a great initiative you have going on there! Loving the free meals you provide every day/community garden you run/food waste reductions projects etc" Instead it's al about how HARD she works and the money coming to her. Blurgh.

*I know she's a narc, that's why

Reactions: 35
I am clenching my arse cheeks so tightly in cringe they’re in spasm.
Much like Cliffy in all of his videos, then.

MIL (the nice one I have now, not the food hating one) adores him. Mr D deliberately kept it secret when the BBC News report about the raid broke, as he didn't want to be the one to hurt her feelings.

Reactions: 11
It’s even worse when you realise that on the same day she said “I just can’t help myself but try to be helpful!”

Reactions: 35
She destroyed New England with Billy Bragg awhile
Back at a local festival.... what he was thinkin having her up with him Ill
Never know
Emperor’s new clothes innit. I suspect deep down all the blue-tickers see what she is but are afraid to call it out because everyone else blows smoke up her arse.

Reactions: 26
Agree, completely.
And I am still waiting for her list of local artists to support she announced a few months ago... There was enough time for that BEFORE she fell ...sick.

Reactions: 27
Agree, completely.
And I am still waiting for her list of local artists to support she announced a few months ago... There was enough time for that BEFORE she fell ...sick.
She’s still only been ‘sick’ max six days as the teacher revelation was last Monday.

Reactions: 20
Cliff Richard just chose Jack Monroe songs on Desert Island Discs? Was 'Landslide' (cover, a cappella) amongst them?

Oh my GOD how have I missed this?! I don’t think I’ll ever stop cringing!! I’ve gone all hot!!

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.