Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Switchstreetz

@kachoochoo

@traumatised sideboard

Would you be so kind as to mention charities that mean a lot to you?

I would love to donate anonymously to honour the hilarity you have provided. You would never know (sadly) and so would miss out on dopamine hits, but I am sure that is a price you would be willing to pay.

Reactions: 71
Thanks for The Sloppies @Switchstreetz, a real work of art.

The image of us on a Grunka has definitely been me for the last 6 months, and what a brilliant use of my time.

Can't remember who said it made them well up, but I got a little teary too. I am so glad we have had the support of each other and these threads through 2020, I am almost certain some of us would be in a much darker place if it weren't for the Frauen und Herren here. (Also thanks Jack for being the Pillock of our Community. Wouldn't be here without you, comrade ).

White hearts to you all.. (I actually don't appear to have a white heart emoji ).

Reactions: 64
This is a great idea, 400-odd Frauen donating money not to a wealthy scam artist but to a charity that deserves it. A big cheque somewhere signed Cabal

Reactions: 54
@Switchstreetz I don’t know what to say other than absolute perfection.

Reactions: 24
I’m late cos of badly timed zoom drinks. But what a work of art! Brilliant - thankspaceyou for this. I agreed with all the winners and then reading the end remembered I’d voted for different answers (peeky mink was best chaos for me!).
Incredible to think there’s enough entries for the sloppies to go ahead every month.

Reactions: 29
I'm honestly really touched Scarlet

If you wanted to make a donation to the Trussell trust I think that would be a lovely thing to do. I'm so lucky in that I've never been in a situation where I've had to use a food bank myself, but I always try to support them - especially round Xmas. The Trussell Trust food banks were an absolute lifeline for some of the families I spoke to when I worked with people in financial difficulty. It's horrendous that they're even needed in this day and age, but so glad they're there.

Reactions: 92
honestly i'm a bottle of prosecco and a few beers down but @Switchstreetz that was AMAZING and made me cry with laughter and i couldn't be more grateful for all you bullying ninnies who have made this shitty year so hilarious - i am constantly amazed that someone as basic as jack monroe could bring together such an unbelievably interesting and intelligent bunch of people. It really makes me feel a bit emotional

Reactions: 52
The sloppies are here at last
I‘m stupidly late for this, my erm, bandwidth was low, then I tripped over my Viv dress and fell down the old mussels and pears, thankfully still here to tell the tale since I landed on my chunky Mediterranean arse.

(really hope this doesn’t land somewhere inappropriate, I’m here from the past!)

@Switchstreetz !!!!!! You legend!!! I can’t even think of anything funny or smart to say, this is honestly just fantastic, hilarious, and so beautifully done.
Looking forward to catching up to chat about this in real time at the after-party!

ETA I’m genuinely half honoured to see my “art” on the internet with the awards, and half embarrassed to see my “bashed out in twenty minutes jobs” on your of an awards ceremony!

Last edited:
Reactions: 56
@Switchstreetz that was amazing !

The thankfully only time I had to deal with a client with a temp over 40, I rang an ambulance dear fraus, and clients family as English was a second language they no longer recognised at that point.

Plus yet again with the dangerous a little knowledge. If you are trying to get someone's temp down before the paracetamol kicks in tepid baths and showers are your best bet not getting their skin freezing ! The blood vessels in the skin will constrict and push your internal temp up further as less heat is exchanged

Reactions: 40
Thank you for the spectacular Sloppies @Switchstreetz.

You are a pearl amongst the lard, a sparkly beetle in the mincemeat. You can rest now beneath a weighted blanket, your work is done.

Reactions: 51
@Scarletfever for the idea, @Switchstreetz for inspiring the idea, and @PoorPatrol for being so incredibly generous.... these threads really are full of wonderful people. I’ll make a donation to the Trussell Trust in the morning. It’s such a great idea, and a lovely way to thank you for all the work you’ve put into this.

I can’t get over all the details in the Sloppies! This really made me hoot (one of MANY laugh out loud moments!). It’s been such a year of shit, but I’m so grateful that these threads have created a world where something a bonkers as “this” makes perfect sense!

Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.