Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a plant related note - why is my basil dying outside? Also something seems to be eating it but theres no slugs or bugs on it?
Look carefully. I planted my basil out a few data’s ago and after the rain they have been out in earnest. I took off about 8 small baby slugs off the stems on my basil plants tonight and threw them over the fence. They seem to love the sweetness of the basil.

Look carefully. I planted my basil out a few data’s ago and after the rain they have been out in earnest. I took off about 8 small baby slugs off the stems on my basil plants tonight and threw them over the fence. They seem to love the sweetness of the basil.
DAYS not data’s avo. Bloody autocorrect and too much Saturday wine!!

Reactions: 5
I know JM laughed at the estimate on here that her partner earns £300k but it will definitely be 6 figures. She’s a v high up exec. My husband earns low six figures and I would never dream of describing myself as poor even though I personally earn much less (I’m currently earning nothing) It’s just so offensive to people who are really struggling. And I realise they’re not married but they’re engaged and they live together, so it’s not like she won’t contribute. Her partner looks like she’s in her 40s at least, I’d be doubtful that she doesn’t own any property at all

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Jack's 8000 pages of comments - has she made a mistake and printed ALL of Tattle? That will be confusing in court when Ant and Dec and Zoella are dragged into it too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I know JM laughed at the estimate on here that her partner earns £300k but it will definitely be 6 figures. She’s a v high up exec. My husband earns low six figures and I would never dream of describing myself as poor even though I personally earn much less (I’m currently earning nothing) It’s just so offensive to people who are really struggling. And I realise they’re not married but they’re engaged and they live together, so it’s not like she won’t contribute. Her partner looks like she’s in her 40s at least, I’d be doubtful that she doesn’t own any property at all
Hasn't she mentioned somewhere that her partner has property? I don't know why they're not living in it, but I'm sure she said something about it. It may be that it's not family friendly.

Reactions: 3
I just don't see the problem with her saying that "life was really tough for a while, I had to sell things to survive and choose eat over heat etc etc. I'm in a much better place financially now but I still want to continue to help people who are finding things difficult and campaigning for things I believe in."

Lots of us have been there, I know I have. I have moved on and although I have to budget carefully still, I appreciate what I have and I can spend money on buying a new jumper or whatever and not apologise for it. Jack is stuck in her past. She is a one trick pony of poverty and oppression and doesn't (or can't) admit that she's not there anymore as it doesn't fit her 'brand' or the rhetoric that she wants to portray. Having money and being comfortable now doesn't make what she has achieved or fought for in her past any less worthy. IMO it's something she should celebrate and be proud of, not talking about her (not so) crappy bungalow.
100% this! putting aside any discrepancies, contradictions and confusing timeline of her life events aside, and assuming everything Jack has ever stated in interviews/ on social media is true, she could have carved herself out a nice little niche as a success against all odds, ie : Jack, a member of the lbgtq+ community who despite leaving school with minimal qualifications, managed to secure herself a good job within the fire service. Following in the footsteps of her dad, himself a senior firefighter, Jack had a promising career in front of her. However , like many young women, Jack had to make the decision to leave her role when she became a lone parent. Despite having a strong support network In her own parents(who in addition to parenting Jack and her brother, have fostered numerous children, and at this point had 2 young adoptive children to care for), and the involvement of her child’s father, Jack found herself in poverty, having to make heartbreaking decisions such as skipping meals and selling her belongings in order to provide food and shelter for her child. At her lowest point, having resorted to selling her young child’s toys just to be able to provide him with economical meals such as a singular weetabix,unsweetened and softened with only tap water, Jack considered ending her own life. From her humble beginnings of starting a blog in a desire to use her experiences to bring attention to the issues faced by families such as hers, Jack, the self taught Bootstrap cook,now has several published cookbooks to her name and is working with several brands, such as Sainsburys, to produce content aimed at those who may be struggling to provide healthy Nutritious food on a budget. Despite her success, Jack is mindful of her past experiences, choosing to deposit her earning into a savings account, only drawing the equivalent of a 40 hr week living wage in which to cover her day to day living expenses. Although Jack acknowledges she is now in the enviable position of having savings put aside for a rainy day, she is able to use her past experiences to help others Who are living her past experiences right now. despite facing many hurdles ( as well as being a young non binary lone parent, Jack also has several conditions that affect both her physical and mental health), Jack is an inspiration to her many followers , proving that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

instead Jack has chosen to portray herself as still being so financially unstable that she needs to ask her supporters for financial support, to put herself, an immune compromised person, at risk to commute to a tv studio in order to pay the bills,while only living in a (two storey )crappy rented bungalow (with a large garden and large shed/outhouse). A successful chef stole her niche/show/salad recipe , a bunch of horrible hausfraussen are systematically trying to destroy her career and livelihood and to top it all off, -( and despite living alone without for the last 14 years, without any practical help around the house) her spouse has been incredibly inconsiderate and has been hogging the internet connection to work from (Jack’s ) home 🤷‍♀️

Sorry for the long post.i blame it on the fact that I’m sleep deprived, hungry and hormonal 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I live in Essex & some parts of it is expensive ie millions.
Southend is no where near that range however Leigh on Sea is a more upmarket area but still not in the £000s.
There’s Nigella and Marcus Wareing signed books on eBay for cheaper! 🤣

I admit I don’t know Essex at all, but is it REALLY so expensive that a C4 bigwig, and a much published author/presenter/writer can’t get a mortgage on a crappy bungalow? It must be worth SQUILLIONS!

Reactions: 11
Wonder when the wedding is? Seems to get engaged and then.......

• Sad
Reactions: 7
@PennyLoafer
She's probably going to launch some sky lanterns later, to the accompaniment of 'One Day Like This'. She's that basic.

If she cares anything about the environment she will not launch those.

If you think about it, that crappy bungalow must be costing at least a grand a month. Her patreons are contributing to her Rent.

View attachment 121554

Right up her own arse this one.

NO but they are on speed dial.....right?

View attachment 121555
I've never 'smooshed' food about like playdough! 🤔

I don't think I have ever consider anxiety to be a luxury either! 😮

Reactions: 7

Yel

I'm going to guess 400k for the bungalow based on other property in Lea and she's claiming to earn 12.5k a year 🙄

Just the patreon money alone is estimated to be around that, and that's just one of her many revenue streams.

I'm going to find out how many copies of all of her books she's sold, she's said before when she got into twitter spats with Zoella that she earns 15% of the cover price.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Atleast 400K, we live not that far away - her rented garden is HUGE !

Edited to add - based on what she’s shared herself on Twitter your Honour !

Reactions: 14

Yel

Ha my post makes me sound obsessed, she just pisses me off with all her lies and poor cosplay while begging for money. Then all these people that admit they don't have much money themselves chuck her a few quid as if she's desolate and in need 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Ha my post makes me sound obsessed, she just pisses me off with all her lies and poor cosplay while begging for money. Then all these people that admit they don't have much money themselves chuck her a few quid as if she's desolate and in need 😔
I admit I have had a look on Right Move this morning because the house prices being x35 her salary just doesn’t add up. Your maths looks similar to mine. After I looked on right move I thought- am I over stepping the mark but I am annoyed by her lies.

I am also annoyed by her lack of awareness about her influence.
Maybe she is only earning 12.5k from her ‘job’. In which case, be honest and say I love been a twitter cook but I can’t afford to live like this so am going to have to get a part time job OR admit that you are earning more now and are really pleased that your hard work is paying off...in which case you might inspire others to follow a similar path.

It just doesn’t all add up, and I know this was talked about earlier in the thread but women being educated about and taking control of their finances is a a really important social issue. She has influence, rather than just flogging the ‘buy tins’ story she could really support women to understand their money and the support available to them.

So the constant reference to paying herself minimum wage, then asking for tips, but banking the rest just isn‘t honest and I can imagine that it isn’t the blue tickers that are putting cash in that pot!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She’s a charlatan. Louisa ought to be ashamed letting her continue to take money off those who are actually on the bread line. Selling a book fine, tip jar money, crass AF.

Reactions: 34
That’s what actually angers me the most, people who are genuinely short of money contributing to her kickstarters and patron funds. It’s actually really heartbreaking when you read some of the Kickstarter comments, and they cannot all be lying regarding JM’s treatment of them

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I admire your services to this thread @Yel 👏🏻🙌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Yel

That’s what actually angers me the most, people who are genuinely short of money contributing to her kickstarters and patron funds. It’s actually really heartbreaking when you read some of the Kickstarter comments, and they cannot all be lying regarding JM’s treatment of them
And she has the nerve with this BBC show to say she's only paying herself the minimum wage to keep the donations coming in. She kept the begging links in her bio long after she had secured the show and once it disappears from iplayer she'll no doubt put them back in.

I don't mind creatives asking for money online, but she has to do it in an emotionally manipulative way and act as if she's struggling to eat.

Anyone work in TV and can estimate how much the BBC would have paid her limited company for the series?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
And she has the nerve with this BBC show to say she's only paying herself the minimum wage to keep the donations coming in. She kept the begging links in her bio long after she had secured the show and once it disappears from iplayer she'll no doubt put them back in.

Anyone work in TV and can estimate how much the BBC would have paid her limited company for the series?
why doesn’t she get Louisa to donate to her? Can’t her followers work out that between them they’re earning more than enough to have a lovely life?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I find it truly disgusting, that because she wants to keep back savings as a nest egg, she manipulates her audience into thinking she is still in poverty. I know it's not a very feminist thing to say, but her very rich partner could easily support her if times are that tough.

Reactions: 31
She’s a charlatan. Louisa ought to be ashamed letting her continue to take money off those who are actually on the bread line. Selling a book fine, tip jar money, crass AF.
Especially as Louisa is probably on a very good salary.

If it was anything more than the living wage and a fiver for bus fare then it was far too much. She still hasn't filed her accounts either.

When Jack was doing her Tin Can Cook, she was doing a buy one for me, buy one for the foodbank. What she didn't mention is the royalties she would get from that promotion. Wonder why.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.