Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
👆The line where she says she is 'all for constructive criticism'
Really?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Even back 5 years ago she was nasty

View attachment 123359
I do think she’s in the wrong line of work. If she is going to put herself in the public eye then she needs to accept that she will receive criticism. If her feelings are so close to the surface that she feels a discussion about rice is a personal attack, then she’s the one who needs to go for a walk and reconsider her career path.

Reactions: 24
Can’t remember who mentioned Amanda Palmer but she’s trending on twitter today - never heard of her before but she has “backed by 15k patrons & grateful” in her bio! The cheek of it 😂

15k Patrons at at least £1 is £15k a MONTH? Who is lining up to fund these rich women’s lives?!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I do think she’s in the wrong line of work. If she is going to put herself in the public eye then she needs to accept that she will receive criticism. If her feelings are so close to the surface that she feels a discussion about rice is a personal attack, then she’s the one who needs to go for a walk and reconsider her career path.
Dude, it’s not a ‘career choice’ it’s a vocation, she is saving the poor, one can at a time.

Saint Monroe, patron of all tinned and canned goods provider of the great washed baked beans to the poor.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Can’t remember who mentioned Amanda Palmer but she’s trending on twitter today - never heard of her before but she has “backed by 15k patrons & grateful” in her bio! The cheek of it 😂

15k Patrons at at least £1 is £15k a MONTH? Who is lining up to fund these rich women’s lives?!
There is a lot of it going on. My husband calls it cyber begging.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Nobody questioned this? A PAC code is impossible to obtain without being in possession of the mobile phone in question. You call the network and they go through security, put you onto retentions and then issue it by text to the mobile number you are porting.
There is literally no financial risk with porting a number. Whatsoever. She’s talking absolute crap as usual and making up more stories to get out of commitments. Nobody stole money, and if they did it certainly wasn’t because of a PAC code 😂 2/10 story, try better next time Jack.
Actually, this is possible. It's a fairly simple type of fraud and I'm not quite sure why it's not more widespread yet. Basically, people can hack your phone (usually via social media platforms). They then request a PAC code pretending to be the rightful owner of the phone. They switch over some details to their own device and can get access to anything with two-step verification, such as banking. It's pretty crap.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 10.12.25.png

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 10.12.00.png

Jack, you have to stop eating dictionaries. You know you're allergic to them and will puke up the contents.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

Yep, she rakes it in on Patreon and is (well, was until very recently) married to Neil Gaiman who is very successful and therefore minted, so doesn’t need to crowdfund herself a fat salary anyway.

She also raised a million (dollars, I’m guessing) on Kickstarter to record a new album... THEN asked musicians to work on it for free. She is awful.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Is this the first official mention of EDS. Was only a matter of time wasn't it. Official diagnosis was it Jack?

Reactions: 5
Actually, this is possible. It's a fairly simple type of fraud and I'm not quite sure why it's not more widespread yet. Basically, people can hack your phone (usually via social media platforms). They then request a PAC code pretending to be the rightful owner of the phone. They switch over some details to their own device and can get access to anything with two-step verification, such as banking. It's pretty crap.

Excuse my ignorance but that doesn’t work either.

If you’re talking about online banking - my social media has no details of who I bank with/my customer number/my passcodes. They could call and say they are me, but then would need to tell them my mothers maiden name which isn’t just sitting on Facebook.
A lot of people’s social media is locked down now and very few even have mobile numbers on them in the first place - there’s some people who do but I can’t imagine this being widespread.

I’m particularly interested as I worked around this time for one of the big networks and never heard of it at all! So I’m surprised this is a thing now. Let’s be honest, Jack isn’t going to have her phone number on her social media to be hacked this way is she? Not when she has her rabid fans on there.

Reactions: 2
I’m particularly interested as I worked around this time for one of the big networks and never heard of it at all! So I’m surprised this is a thing now. Let’s be honest, Jack isn’t going to have her phone number on her social media to be hacked this way is she? Not when she has her rabid fans on there.
If I recall the thread about her getting hacked is the personal details were available on her Wiki page, birthdate etc which was used to hack the phone.

1588670963705.png

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Dude, it’s not a ‘career choice’ it’s a vocation, she is saving the poor, one can at a time.

Saint Monroe, patron of all tinned and canned goods provider of the great washed baked beans to the poor.
Thread title??

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.