Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™ve just watched the clip with Holly saying about washing baked beans and if they can make the recipe with baked beans (Our favourite Twitter person has obviously text in)

James Martinā€™s face was an absolute picture of bewilderment.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
*Pours a shot of Baileys in her coffee) View attachment 123343
Her writing style is nauseating, and inauthentic, it's all made up crap.
It's why she hates here because her nonsense is being called out.

I have rewritten it for you Jack....

"I was cooking tea, normal pasta and sauce when I decided to add a few more ingredients to my usual pasta sauce. It worked really well and the whole family decided it was delicious, I have written up the recipe. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you."

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Iā€™ve just watched the clip with Holly saying about washing baked beans and if they can make the recipe with baked beans (Our favourite Twitter person has obviously text in)

James Martinā€™s face was an absolute picture of bewilderment.
Where did you find the clip@?.

How old is her kid? I'm all for people doing their share around the house but just let him be a child ffs. To say she doesnt have him half the bloody week you would think she wouldnt have that much housework and stuff to do wouldnt you. My 3 kids are feral my house is a tit show constantly but I dont have the luxury of shipping them out when it suits me. Get a bleeping grip Jack let him be a kid
so well said! My youngest is a feral cave baby and eldest is expected to make his bed/put his plate in the sink or dishwasher/put toys away when done same as they would at school but thatā€™s it! I feel sorry for her little boy Iā€™m sure heā€™s only 10 or 11. Heā€™s got plenty of time for chores and lists when heā€™s older, she needs to chill out. Personality wise sheā€™s messy as duck and her home never looks particularly clean so why does he need to be making things spotless

Reactions: 7
To be fair, Iā€™ve heard of this mobile phone scam happening to several people I know and know not to be compulsive liars - but this was years ago (like 2014?) so maybe they changed the PAC system in response to it?

They were all with Three mobile and I think it was a weakness in their processes around PAC? Shouldnā€™t say that Iā€™ll end up being bankrupted through the courts by both JM and Three
Iā€™m struggling with this. Yes, the PAC system could well have been hacked but all it would result in is the mobile number being moved over to a different person, rather than yourself.

Youā€™re then hoping you donā€™t hit a fraudster who doesnā€™t know all of your personal details to be able to scam you. It takes a lot more than a PAC code transfer to be able to scam someone.

If data had been breached and they had access to customers personal details then yes - but PAC code only I canā€™t see a way.

Reactions: 3
Not just you hen, I feel for you, I've been my mums main carer for like 9 year or so, since my dad left her. She has very limited mobility, can't get out of the house unaided and the highlight of her week used to be me taking every weekend (both days for this mammoth task) to take her around all the shops.
She's one of those old dears who likes specific things from specific shops.
Seafood has to be from M&S.
Cooked meats and fresh vegetables have to be from Morrisons Market street.
Her cat litter has to be the budget stuff from Tesco because "they are picky and wont use other stuff".
+many many more examples of pickiness which is blatantly just an excuse to having me come round for two full days of shopping, but makes no sense to the layman.

For the last 8 weeks or so I've had to go round there (it's ~100 mile round trip) with various shopping bags and just drop them on the doorstep, I know it's breaking her heart but she's in her late 60's, has many ailments, I can actually see that she is sufferring from anxiety and depression from not being able to see either myself or my brother properly, How do you tell the most important person in your life that you can't just come in and "just" have a cuppa? and that when they say "it'll be alright, I dont care" doesn't really count?
it's F&*king horrible.

Me too :)
Oh Wiggy, I really feel for you - that's so hard on you and your mum.

I'm looking after my mum too (she's 80 and has been self-isolating for weeks) - visiting every day, picking up shopping and prescriptions. We're lucky in that we live close to each other but at first I struggled to come to terms with the fact that I've become her carer sooner than I expected to be. I hadn't realised until this situation slowed us all down that she'd stopped cooking and was basically eating a sandwich or salad with crisps for dinner. I've always been lazy at feeding myself but now I'm making substantial meals for both of us - no bad thing.

We're doing ok but she's not an easy person. She won't tell me what she needs because she 'doesn't want to bother me' (despite me saying on a daily basis: tell me what you need, I'm only down the road) but then she'll phone me in a panic to say she's run out of eggs, her fridge is bare (it simply can't be), how is she going to get her Radio Times? etc etc. The other day I had 'you bought me double cream which is all well and and good but how am I supposed to bake without caster sugar?'. I'd said I was trying my best to get caster sugar, checking every local shop every day. I'm like a broken record: I'm here, I told you, I will do my best to make sure you have everything you need.

To be fair to her, it's been a difficult adjustment for her too - she's so used to pottering down to the shops every day. But her thing of not communicating and then guilt-tripping me was going on long before all this started, and it's not going to change now. Every so often, I suddenly feel very sad and weary.

Anyway, sorry for the essay. That's my pity party over! All we can do is live from one day to the next and hope for the best X

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Itā€™s on Jackā€™s Twitter. Surprised sheā€™s leaving it up there considering it makes her look a prat.
Also they donā€™t even reference her in the video, I love the fact that paul openly admits he was paying 0 attention. So who here was it who asked the question??

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.