Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flivver

VIP Member
also - is this how an immunocompromised person reacts to having covid and a dangerously high fever? Remember she claimed to be at the top of the vaccine priority list only last week
No it isn’t.

We have what’s called a red card phone number for our lad. If his temperature goes above 38C, we have to call the local hospital and take him straight in for IV antibiotics. He’s had chemo and immuno therapy this year so an extreme example - he’s at risk of neutropenic sepsis (she’ll be googling that now).

I know I bang on about this but it’s the reason I fume about her cosplaying. She flits about saying she’s SO careful...not. She’s been here, there and everywhere! I hope her poorly mum stays clear and doesn’t feel obliged to look after her. She probably will as that’s what caring mums do. ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Anonymous One

I feel a bit for BB. I can’t imagine Jack will be gracious if she catches Covid off her. She may be an adult with a full understanding of the risks of bubbling with someone who comes into contact with lots of people in a high risk area (as well as having a long list of Covid risky escapades of her own) but I picture it something like this.

Isolation in the shitty bungalow, a shitty play scene 6 (sign up to my patreon to access scenes 2-5 if I can be arsed writing them in between dinosaur naps).

J: you gave me it & I could have DIED, it was the WORST EVER, it was LONG.

L: I think you’re being a tad dramatic, you were completely fine, you were knitting throughout. Nobody could taste the slop. It was okay...Please stop tweeting this.

J: you could have KILLED me. You know I’m immunocompromised. They kept the Nightingale hospital open just for ME, Jackie McMonroe, writer, former activist, slop savant, accidental conqueror of covid fears...

L: this bubble isn’t working.

J: you can’t LEAVE, I could have DIED.

Last edited:
  • Haha

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
also - is this how an immunocompromised person reacts to having covid and a dangerously high fever? Remember she claimed to be at the top of the vaccine priority list only last week

• Wow
  • Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
MIL declares that she is simply full to the brim and won't eat again today as everybody has had so much to eat already
Great post, Dragon. My SIL is like your MIL. The last time I had Christmas at her house I got served green beans and nothing else. I had offered to bring food, I know some people can't cope with accommodating vegans. I was assured there was plenty. She had managed to put butter and goosefat on everything. No nuts, or crisps or even bread in the house. I cried a little in the bathroom, then washed my face and proceeded to get drunk. My husband and I have never spoken of that Christmas again. We now always have Christmas at ours or go to my family.

I know hosting is a lot of work, but I will never understand why people insist on hosting when they have no interest in feeding and looking after people. Just don't offer.

• Heart
  • Wow

Falkor

VIP Member
Has anyone else been trying to fit those tweets to the tune of Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire, or just me?

• Haha
Reactions: 62

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
The joke implies that her relatives can't possibly be British, as you can't deport British people. I have no clue about Priti Patel's family situation, but I suspect, like her, they are British.

It's def BNP playbook to suggest that anyone who doesn't look like Hugh Grant or Lily Cole can't be British.
I love that the posters on here make me consider my own reactions to things in a more nuanced way. A lot of lefty people on twitter have retweeted the joke and if it weren't for here I probably would have laughed at it but this and @HarderFaster's intelligent post made me stop and consider it a bit more deeply to see how problematic it is. This place really is an amazing resource!

although it obviously goes without saying that Priti Patel is evil

• Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I tried it once it wasn't great, but christmas can bring back terrible memories for some people so totally get it. I think as you get older, you give less of a fuck. That seems to work for me so far...
Yep I did too. Actually now we say it, Christmas is fucking shit for some and lonely and this year more than ever so anyone who feels it this year just post I’ll be around in between avoiding my mother - either here or food and drink

• Heart

Ellabella

VIP Member
I don't know about you, but when I'm feeling really ill, the last thing I want to do is eat or talk about food. What the hell is she playing at?

• Haha
  • Heart
She’s claiming a top temp of 41.5 Celsius? 😳 That’s an astronomical fever for an adult. Kids can spike really high fevers (if my kids hit 41 I’d take them straight to A&E) but extremely high temps are a lot rarer in adults IIRC.

She claims to be maintaining a temp of 40 but is happily tweeting? The last couple of times I’ve had a fever, it’s been 38 and I felt too shit to do anything other than curl up in a ball.

This is all very very suspicious.
Nothing says attention seeker like being British and having your thermometer in F for the bigger number.

• Haha

jenny2603

VIP Member
Did the turkey die of old age? It's wrinklier than Lizzie Birdsworth. Terry the Sparrow looks in better nick than that and he's been dead for weeks.

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 17.06.48.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61