Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
It's Christmas time
There's always need to be afraid
It's Christmas time
She cooks old shite in the same old shade
But in this year of 20
She shares no smiles or joy
Throw slop into the bin this Christmas time.

But say a prayer, pray for the squiggle ones
At Christmas time it's hard but when she's having no fun.
She will stand outside your window with her shark eyes and a sneer

Does she know it's Christmas time at all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

jenny2603

VIP Member
Release the doggos!

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 18.45.36.png

The correct answer was a fucking nailbrush and guidance on handwashing before she takes out the whole of Essex with her grubby mitts but hey ho.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 69

DandyLion

I'm still amazed that blending raw onions then boiling them was the result of two full weeks of work.

Imagine what her first drafts were like... 🤢
I’ve a sneaking suspicion that this was one of Jack’s famous “one and done” recipes - like her lasagne white sauce. Which we all know to be a complete waste of time, effort, food and money - and the people who are cooking Jack’s recipes cannot afford that kind of food waste, nor do they have the well stocked fridges, freezers and store cupboards to rustle up an alternative meal when the family are complaining of hunger later in the day. I can barely imagine a more depressing Christmas.

The thought of people actually using their limited budget to follow this “meal plan” for it to go uneaten, or else reluctantly swallowed down... brought to you by a poverty cosplayer, dining out on a few months on benefits from almost 10 years ago... honestly Fraus, I cannot find the words.

I never understood why people take a break from the threads until now, she can really get to you, can’t she?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Emoji Jack makes me feel violently ill and that Christmas dinner makes me want to call the police and cry.

At least if she's got COVID she's finally gone viral.

• Haha
  • Heart

Peachy9

VIP Member
The sawdust vegan doorstop😭
The carrots that are simultaneously raw and burnt😭
The brain and oil custard😭
The aunt bessie yorkies 😭
The dishwater gravy 😭
THE STARTER 😭😭😭
The fact that everything has mandarin in it 😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I mean, I don’t call engineering several unnecessary bubbles, travelling to Edinburgh, Manchester, and London (at least twice), or having people in your home for a day-long photoshoot neurotic, tbh. I call it blasé. But Jack can do Jack.

The illest I’ve been was when I had flu at uni in 2008 and I couldn’t even look at my (non-smart, unlike today’s glaring screens) phone without feeling like my eyes would fall out. I lay sweating in the dark for a week and my housemates would periodically put glasses of water inside my door and take away the old one. Then I had to go back to my mum’s for another week to recover. Everyone I know who has had corona says it’s much worse then flu, so given that she’s ferociously tweeting we can only assume that Jack is well enough to look at a bright phone screen and make coherent (and even passive-aggressive) statements.

If she was seriously ill there is no way she’d be sulking about how “careful” she’s been or sniping at SB/BB for exposing neurotic wee her. She’d be asleep, or lying inert and wishing she was.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
I'm probably behind but had to come straight here after seeing those pictures of her menu. How does she make everything look so unappetising!? The roast chicken looks like it's been wrapped in piss-stained clingfilm. The vegan "centrepiece" looks like it has less moisture than the Gobi desert (plus I will NEVER get over the audacity of her telling people to serve veggie/vegan guests with literal veg peelings and acting like she's done them a favour). The roasties look more depressing than a wet January weekend in Rhyl. The fucking gravy, the colour of dishwater and the sheen of an oil slick. The lumpy vomit cocktail. That abomination she's daring to serve as a pudding. Zero waste? Believe me, love, there'd be a LOT of waste if you served this war crime to my family on Christmas Day.

• Haha
  • Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Gotta love her trying to shoehorn in the working class foods. One million pounds says she first saw a Findus Crispy Pancake in a poorer classmate’s house and asked if it was spanakopita.

What next, Jack, wheeling out the 2014 tweet archive about how Vienetta was such a treat for those pov Christmases? “REMEMBER SARA LEE GATEAUX?!”. Fuck off.

• Haha
  • Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Ill or not it is such a munchie thing to post a pic of a thermometer.

You have a fever, Jack. It will feel like shit, but Twitter likes will not make it go away. Rest, hydrate, and hopefully the fever dreams will prompt some kind of epiphany which leads you to stop pretending to be poor all the time. A modern day Scrooge, if you will.

• Haha
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Why can’t she say “sorry to hear you were in hospital, hope you’re better now” rather than “my son was in NICU so we’ll just keep talking about me thanks”.

Even cynical old me would like to think she’s not lying about having it, and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. But if she’s as ill as she’s implying, she just wouldn’t be able to tweet all day. Just stick on one of your six radios and concentrate on getting better!

• Heart
  • Haha

HarderFaster

VIP Member
View attachment 350808Matt has more day time TV work
How will he cope without his trusty sidekick?!

I’ve just remembered Jack tweeting Matt’s wife saying “thanks for letting me borrow him” to a wall of stony silence, and cringed so hard I can see the inside of my belly button.

ETA god wait that sounds like there’s a substance in my belly button and I am grossed out. There is not. But even if there were it would be more appetising than Jack’s “gravy”.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 65

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
“No point trying to work out who gave it to me” while giving positive case Louisa side eye 👀

She is SUCH a passive aggressive biatch!

• Haha
  • Angry

ScamSandwich

Chatty Member
Not a single aspect the genious coven has not mentioned so far but...from my humble perspective:
The food is awful. Not bc I want to be a bully but bc I simply know how to cook better food and I am not a chef or even a great great hobby cook. I can feed myself and I feed others. They love my food, not bc it is maverick but it is solid international home-cooked food. The texture is good, my hands are clean and I present it well. Again, nothing FANCY but it looks appetising.
Question: what is wrong with eg. sunflower oil? I never use lard. That way a vegan or vegetarian guest can automatically eat all the veg and I don't have to do several parallel dishes.

Soooo much opportunity wasted on that prawn cocktail!! The reason why one would have a prawn cocktail bc it is supposed to be uplifting, not only by taste but by presentation. If the sauce is not pink, there is no point having it. The pink is what sells it. Even tinned Mel Donte could have been incorporated, maybe with a skewer and some fruit lined up to introduce more colour, then put horizontally on or vertically inside the glass. A child could have drawn a flamingo to put on a skewer...just a few simple ideas to make it fun.

The food she cooks is sad, trying to be maverick but making it tasteless and not appetising. I agree on the peels bit. If that's what you want to do, yes, but as a suggestion for the poor to eat their peels on Christmas, I find this an insult.

As somebody who did not grew up poor but later in life had many many poor spells (not only a few months!) , this makes me want to cry.
If JMs food proves something to someone it is maybe that you CAN'T feed people on so little money. And poor people, I risk to suggest (not a homogenous group, I know) have either worked out how to cook something tasty ish their way due to experience or on Christmas they buy something nice, such as ice cream.
Her food does not help anyone, if only then it is to eradicate the bad conscience of people who are better off. But according to my experience, they don't have a bad conscience. The ones who care help in ways they can (in my circle of friends so many help and volunteer) but I doubt that the Express article will have anything to offer to anyone. Also because she lacks the basics of cooking.
And no, you can't put a raw white sauce into lasagne. And if you are poor and likely to feel miserable you don't knock up a proper white sauce. Also in some parts of Italy they don't see the necessity at all to add white sauce to a lasagne but that is a different issue.

I also 'wonder' why JM is able to so clearly communicate in the Express that she is not poor anymore when on Twitter it was a rather difficult web of ambiguity.
I also know that she does not owe anyone a covid test result (her general oversharing makes me cringe) but when there is a follow up and genuine concern by squiggles she goes all vague. I find that highly manipulative. And this is the reason why I, as an intelligent, educated and not remotely naive person, wanted to donate money to her in the midst of my own poverty when I felt that she must be even worse off according to her portrayal. I will not forgive. Never. I am just glad that I did not give her any money.
But of course, we are all supposed to be bullies. Her constant state of dirty fingernails alone is something that disqualifies her. She is feeling bullied? She does not know how things are in the normal world of work. No person would survive there sitting with these nails using even their own computer without colleagues commenting. Try using a colleague's favourite mug, you go straight into hell.. Everyone offering chocolate and doing the tea run but you never do it yourself? Well...

And if you are a public person, people do talk about you and criticise you. And that is OK, because you have chosen that path and you get much more money for doing jobs compared to people doing normal jobs.

Sorry for the essay.

• Heart