Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never known a person to change their 'bio' as often as Jack Monroe. It is literally every teenager on MSN circa 2005 and it is very, very cringe.
I bet Jack is annoyed Twitter doesn’t have a visible sign in status like MSN used to. Otherwise Jack would be logging in every 5 mins to be “seen” by crushes and friends. Those were the days...

Reactions: 35
It’s AI gone mad. It’s growing a Jack Monroe mind of its own. Soon it will be building its own face and body out of discarded sausage meat.

Reactions: 39
Some weird squiggle put some pics of her up (including the naked kitten monstrosity) under the title Sexy Mama.
Not named Stuart are they?

My latest creation is new potato, courgette and Spam stew. I demolished it shamelessly (it's what Viv would have wanted) and The Daily Mail declared it the best ever.
Another Slopbot/Jack recipe.

Reactions: 20
Why does she have the Royal Marsden Cancer Cookbook for sale on her grifting shop? Does this actual twat make money from affiliate links for every copy sold through her website?!

I am appalled.
She had it on there since at least the ouchy mouth episode when she also talked about releasing her own cancer friendly cookbook

Reactions: 37
Wonder if they’ve got a garment in memory of all of Jack’s lost post (RIP it’s what she would have wanted x)

Reactions: 27

I dealt with somebody who took an overdose a couple of days ago. They believed the sort of shit JM wrote, as did the relatives. The mental load in having to explain in very simple words so there is no misunderstanding or dismissing what it does so they don't think 'Oh well, they've said they've been sick and aren't unconscious so everything is fine now' and not bother going to hospital within the tiny period where an antidote might work is phenomenal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 36
What everyone keeps missing his her family weren't rich enough. She's not living it up in some massive posh house in Chelsea or Notting hill. She's got to slum rent a massive bungalow elsewhere. It's not the same and no one understands.

By the by not they it's any of my business bug if grandad was minted why didn't he leave her a massive inheritance, surely that would have kept the wolves from the door.

Reactions: 28
I read the JM article and thought it was spot on and not hate speech, but after reading @crystaleyesd comment I had a look at the rest of the site, and yeah it’s pretty grim. In the context of the website it makes the article feel meaner, they were annoyingly close to getting seeing through her and her supporters. Yay for no arguing

Reactions: 24
That is it on the nose.

She was born into the middle classes, and expected to go up the social scale rather than down. It is why when she had a brief period in relative poverty (she never lived in absolute poverty) she was ill equipped to deal with it.

Anyone else would have just got on with it and when things improved be thankful they got through it. Many get stuck in poverty with no escape. She was lucky and had opportunities very few get. She squandered them and will forever blame others for her failure to capitalise on them.

She has mixed with the very rich and famous. She has lived with a millionaire. She has lived amongst the London elite. She has had friends in influential positions in the media. She has had time in the spotlight and been the darling of the Guardian. She has had a taste of high life and can not understand why she no longer rubbs shoulders with the great and good.

She thinks she deserves better......she doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 77
Cos it usually goes to the next generation down, there are different tax thresholds for partners / kids / grand kids / etc.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.