Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t here when she went to Edinburgh, so I didn’t pay as much attention but from memory it was when her relationship was ending. It felt like she stropped off to me.

Reactions: 13
“She always seems to be angry with food” has to got to be a thread title contender, surely?

Or thread title “jack Monroe: obsessed with deconstructing sausages”

Reactions: 29
David Jason as one of the Fire Brigade Union boys looks on in horror from his tent and says....

Reactions: 20
this
other forums have untouchables, where if you start a thread about them it gets deleted. That’s how I ended up here, during the schof stuff.

Reactions: 23
Hey, so here is a FUN thing - at the foodbank we've recently started putting aside certain things that only require a kettle/don't use any utensils/can last for ages for people who are in hotels/temp accom where they don't have a tin opener, a consistent supply of mugs or anything more than a spoon etc etc blah blah.
If by any chance Jack was a campaigner or activist maybe they could use some of their Edinburgh pop up kettle restaurant expertise to help others.

Reactions: 35
I am of the opinion it was supposed to be her honeymoon.
Makes sense. Would have already been booked. At the time it was the height of the LOOK AT ME LOUISA era and nothing is more Jack like than doing something to spite someone.
If she had gone on a whim to escape everything she would've gone for a bit of a mooch and done a bit of tourist stuff. If I remember correctly she went to Sainsbury's and a burger bar (chain or otherwise)
Then she took photos of slop with her tongue.

Reactions: 38
Well, I suppose I'm trying to go with the mantra of 'would I say this to the person's face' and, no, I wouldn't take the piss out of someone's clothing.
Grunka-ing so sorry if this is inserted at an innapropes time (ooh-er etc), but if one of my mates showed up dressed like Del Boy I absolutely would take the piss out of them to their face. Same as I would tell someone they are an absolute catfish for facetuning all their pics beyond recognition. If she wants to be an influencer (which she clearly does) then she’ll know that not everyone will enjoy her ‘fashion’ choices. Also she’s a knob and her outfits are horrendous I mean really.

Reactions: 33
For the sake if my blood pressure I am not even going to watch that.

Everytime someone on here says that Jack is at risk of losing her son I pop up to say what rubbish that is. And now I find Jack is chatting shit about social workers snatching your children.

Everything you said above and a child of foster carers she should know out of everyone there are not exactly people queing up to foster and there isn't the money to pay for them.
L

I think it must be another sly dig at her parents..

Reactions: 46
Thanks, I hadn't realised he had moved on to C4. Should have googled before posting false info. Sorry Vlad!

Reactions: 15

I concur. It seemed like it was already booked somehow. It was just days after the kitten. All very odd

Reactions: 19
So she said her son is dyslexic, but then starts a kicking contest over hhim reading David Wailliams.

If he is dyslexic, shouldn't she be crying with joy because he is reading anything?

Reactions: 31
I know I’m rewinding a few pages here but this is SO TRUE! Just think - her entire career from 2013 (?) to the present is based upon starving Jack, more jam please Mummy, sold all my belongings, no lightbulbs... all while her mum and dad were living around the corner.

Everyone who knows Jack’s parents will know this. Jack really wants her parents to come out of this badly. It’s impossible for them to be covered in glory. There must have been whispers about how did they not know, how did they not help.

She must have SO much resentment about being the bio child of professional foster parents. I reckon she probably did struggle to get her parents’ attention when she was a child/teen. Now she’s going to spend the rest of her life punishing them for it.

Reactions: 43
On the subject of camping equipment we go to a motorbike rally every year and one of our friends bikes almost 200 mile each way, sets up his tent and camping stove then brings out a China cup and saucer which has been carefully packed in his panniers, nothing comes as a surprise

Reactions: 25
I agree, think we were lucky if we took some crisps for munchie moments if you catch my drift?

The fact SB reads for joy makes me doubt he’s dyslexic. My dyslexic child will do anything to not read and it’s certainly not for joy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
I agree, think we were lucky if we took some crisps for munchie moments if you catch my drift?

The fact SB reads for joy makes me doubt he’s dyslexic. My dyslexic child will do anything to not read and it’s certainly not for joy!
Most of my past festival experiences have involved activities that negate the desire for food except for choking down the odd cereal bar or banana in order to not starve to death . When I was 18 I went to a 10 day festival in Italy and for some reason decided to only pack dried apricots...on the second day my friend told me she never liked dried apricots because they reminded her of old man earlobes and just like that I had no food supplies for the rest of the trip.

And I didn't really get into the SB spelling/handwriting thing because tbh it's not something i care about (but people can discuss whatever they want as long as they're not directly hassling her imo...i'll just scroll past when i'm not interested) but I didn't think his handwriting was that bad...some kids just don't give a shit about neat handwriting (my daughter included).

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.