Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mortgage? Mortgage? How very dare you! SHE RENTS!
I can’t believe I got that wrong! 😆 In my defence, everything has broken here at the moment (internet, freezer, dishwasher, and now apparently my brain-to-fingers skills).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She has definitely read that article. She is shitting bricks.

"I'm alright, I'm not poor, don't send me money (that's a first), I'm OK, I'm frugal" She is more transparent than a window.

As soon as the mainstream press comes calling, she will point them to this tweet, totally ignoring everything that's gone before. But the receipts are here. Thanks to you lovely group of ninnies.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
She needs to stop this. ADHD is primarily misunderstood in women because it doesn’t manifest as fidgeting and misbehaviour and underachieving. A huge number of women with ADHD are high-functioning, successful, highly intelligent, and they will meet deadlines and compulsively organise their professional lives to the detriment of their personal well-being.

So many women I know who’ve been diagnosed were mistakenly diagnosed as BPD, bi-polar etc etc, when in fact it was this “masking” behaviour which was destroying them. Jack makes attempts at copying this with her stupid bleeping colour-coded lists but ultimately it’s just performative procrastination.

Jack is welcome to tout her shopped diagnosis as a reason for her repeated missed deadlines and unpreparedness, if she can say “this is not the case for everyone with my condition”. But it rankles with me that she’s asking for an excuse to do a sub-standard job and thus perpetuating the idea that if an employer hires someone with ADHD they can expect lateness, erratic behaviour and crappy excuses.

Standard Jack to wave her privately diagnosed and treated condition as a shield against this article calling out her grift. I’m heartened that people in her industry are noticing, but nonetheless others will certainly jump to her defence even though it’s bleeping bullshit.
Still on a grunk, but yes!

Not only that but her Twitter addiction is very real and very destructive. Social media addiction can cause people to lose focus to the point it controls their lives.

I know people with adhd (women) who had always struggled in school and when they were medicated as adults it was like everything changed.

I think the chemical rollcoaster Jack went on about was her getting off of amphetamines because she didn’t actually need them.

As many fraus with adhd have mentioned, being medicated properly for adhd would improve your symptoms. And I don’t know a single person who uses this diagnosis as an excuse for their life. That’s the key thing with her—always looking to avoid responsibilities and will use a myriad of excuses to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I think in Aug or Sept she was saying her salary was 95% hoovered up by rent and bills? That's when the woe is me, I'm being frugal for personal reasons that I won't comment on 😌 kicked off.

Said it before, I'll say it again. As someone on the waiting list for an ADHD diagnosis, duck you Jack. Of course your ADHD will impact your work and life, and employees and friends/family/whatever should make reasonable adjustment. But don't expect them to accept it as an excuse for every duck up. If you filed your tax return late, that's your fault. Don't use ADHD as an excuse. Get a good accountant and take the pressure off you. You can preempt these pressure points, and you have the financial resources to do so.

I literally dropped out of a fully funded PhD because of what we now suspect is ADHD. I just thought my brain didn't work properly and I couldn't focus and complete tasks because I had rubbish willpower. That then pushed me into clinical depression and self loathing. But actually, I had incredible willpower to have even got that far, with hindsight. It's why I chose the industry I now work in, because I work better with rapid deadlines and pressure forcing me to do the work. Yes, my brain caused me to go through some difficult times but I'm not going to gnash my teeth and howl into the wind about it. You learn how to mitigate the problems as best you can. I do it every day of my life. One day I pray I can access better resources and maybe appropriate meds too.

Anyway, sorry for my life story and I'm not even sure what the point of writing this is but it just makes me sick when I see her using it as a constant excuse and badge of honour every fay- especially in light of this Scotsman article. Frauen across this thread with ADHD have to get the duck on with it. ADHD counsellor or not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 19.32.35.png

The time to send this Tweet would have been after the preposterous meltdown at the start of lockdown when you howled and bleated and screeched about having lost a years work (hint, hint rattle rattle). It should then have been followed by an announcement you would donate all the donations that came in from people worried about you as you'd secured lucrative paying gigs with the BBC, GQ and Hellmans so didn't need the donations after all. To have spent almost whole year rattling your begging bowl at a country full of people who have either lost their job or are shitting themselves they might do shortly and then think it can all be forgotten with a single tweet is breathtaking.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 94
I came home today and made dinner. Spoiler it was all solid apart from my kids jelly for pudding. ('requested)

I think I have worked hard today.

I'm ready for my close up Mr De-vil

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Isn’t it a bit late for Christmas jobs now? Waaaay too late for any meaningful print or tv work. Maybe a podcast, or YouTube if anything? I won’t hold my breath.
They'll probably be Sunday magazines. Some lazy commissioner (Guardian, most likely) will be all 'hmm, lots of folk having to tighten their belts a bit this year, who can we roll out who does budget cooking? Oh yeah, Jack Monroe - why the duck do any actual research when we can just commission ol 'Slop McGee for the thousandth time' :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

This interview states she was diagnosed With adhd and autism at 11!?………………
That article also says, of Jack, “she has become the face of modern poverty”.
WTF.
I mean, that’s a pretty offensive description on a number of levels. Not least because Jack grew up in middle class comfort, and had only a short period (from a few months up to two years, depending on the account) of hardship as an adult.
It just goes to show that this journalist, like countless blue-tickers, just see Jack as the acceptable, middle-class face of poverty. I think they would find the unvarnished reality considerably less palatable.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Whatever ailment or condition she has, she says "this is what it is like to have X, this is what it is like to have Y". She never acknowledges that people experience these things differently.

It is also suspicious that whenever she is describing her illnesses that she has ALL the symptoms, and they are always severe. Even down to a splinter for goodness sake. She just lists everything noted on WebMD relating to her condition.

It is tragic really.
Also if you go through her Instagram it’s very early on that’s she’s always putting up photographs or making a big show about illnesses/injuries. Some might be legitimate injuries, but who, on their professional page puts this stuff??? Sympathy fishing is something she’s done from the beginning. And on her professional page no less!

As others have stated, people who constantly need you to pity them are aware it’s an act of emotional manipulation. If you can make people feel sorry for you, you can get them to do things.

I still feel sorry for her at times because her narcissistic traits are so self destructive.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Oh god, I’m so sorry @Blurp, this is heartbreaking.

I too had a very disinterested doctor who essentially told me I was probably too sick to deal with, and it’s so hard. He had suggested BPD but I knew it wasn’t any such thing in my case. My diagnosis was a weird combination of a GP friend who I’d been to school with suggesting asking to be referred, and my PhD supervisor writing pushy letters to the GP because I had two breakdowns in the duration of the doctorate just due to the sheer stress of managing my focus.

And to be fair she’s not totally bullshitting because I did send a number of written statements to my consultant, at said consultant’s request, from my mum, friends, boyfriend, supervisors. But I had 21 months to gather these because of NHS waiting times 🙃 I strongly suspect that Jack had read somewhere online that this would be the case and just took them along unbidden.

Mind you, the way she presents her condition as ticking EVERY SINGLE BOX (hyperactivity etc), she shouldn’t have had to work so hard to prove it. The appointment was probably about 7 minutes long and cost about £3000. Just know that regardless of her diagnosis she’s not happy or productive. I know that doesn’t help you in your situation, but it’s perhaps helpful in a mild schadenfreude sort of way.

❤
£3,000 😱!!! That’s a lot of cash...

I promise I’m not going to be a threads gone by bore but I’m sure it was you @heretoreaditall2019 who said on thread 1 that JM was possibly covered for private healthcare by “Mrs J” (shudders). If that was the case, I’m not sure it would cover an ADHD diagnosis but it could explain the speed of it - or maybe JM had/has enough money to splurge on sideboards, enough denim shirts to clothe her county and hammocks *and* pay for something like that.

Pure speculation M’Lord

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I'm like 20 pages behind so hope this isn't a weird time to come in but:

THE SLOPPIES ARE NOW LIVE
(At least I think, hope and pray they are anyway)

please tell me if it doesn't work

I've tried it on a laptop and an android smartphone and it seems to be working!

Winners will go up on Tattle, not sure of date yet but im thinking close submissions Tuesday 15th Dec & announce on thread Sunday 20th? (Taking feedback on this though, obviously we need to pick a specific time and then be about half an hour late as well, in true JM fashion)
everything about this is perfection, I had so much fun nominating!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Someone new asked the other day what it is about Monroe that is most dislikable and in my own humble opinion it is this, the rewriting of history, that she so skilfully gets away with. It's unbelievable. It's clear now that her response to these recent articles and comments in the print media will be that she hasn't outright claimed any hardship or poverty for soooo long now and that any perceived assumption that she is or apparent implication is down to her everlasting anxiety form the blah blah poor period blah blah 10 years ago etc etc. ''Look, here's the tweet explaining as much from just the other day'' And where are the older tweets that may point to her cosplaying and begging earlier in the year? - well they'll be gone before too long, if they aren't already, all of those mass deletion events seemingly serving this exact purpose. And yea there's tattle, thank duck, but she's been tactically pushing the bullying narrative about this site for long enough in preparation for such an eventuality and has succeeded in scaring the media off from referencing it. Her skills in manipulation would be impressive if they weren't so abhorrent.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
It definitely is quicker. I know someone who getting their daughter tested private and it's going quite fast.

Reactions: 17
I laughed up a lung at this question from the interviewer: "Does Monroe ever get tired of telling her story?" You'll be amazed to learn that no she doesn't and fair play it does change a lot so I suppose it doesn't suffer from repetition.
🤣🤣🤣
Too short.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.