Jack Monroe #113 I beg your pardon, she’s got a hammock in her rented garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That dinner service is now out of stock at John Lewis so she could probs only get one set from there (delivered by Royal Mail) and another set from Google (delivered by Hermes). But fraus I cant find anywhere that sells more than 4 person sets (didn’t look that hard to be honest) and there’s 12 plates on her photo so did she actually buy 3 boxes...at this price!!! duck, what’s wrong with Ikea 365!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
That dinner service is now out of stock at John Lewis so she could probs only get one set from their (delivered by Royal Mail) and another set from Google (delivered by Hermes). But fraus I cant find anywhere that sells more than 4 person sets (didn’t look that hard to be honest) and there’s 12 plates on her photo so did she actually buy 3 boxes...at this price!!! duck, what’s wrong with Ikea 365!
Why would you even need to buy more plates when you've already admitted to having a literal shed full of them?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I’m so genuinely working class that my google searches have gone from Danny Dyer to Charles Dance as I try and work out ways to describe fancy gold toast rack things.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Ladies and gents, I have highlighted some of what I'm calling the "squiggly bowls" on the picture.
squiggly bowls.png

A: Squiggly shell plates, £50 for 4 (5 shown)
B: Squiggly noodle bowls £50 for 4 (2 shown)
C: Squiggly pasta bowls, £62 for 4 (2 shown)
D: Squiggly cereal bowls, £42 for 4 (6 shown)
E: Squiggly pitcher, can't tell what size so either £21.50 or £31.50 (1 shown)

These prices are from the Portmerion website (written on the boxes she showed, may not be from there) and are the Sophie Conran collection as stated earlier. I haven't tried to 🔺 anything else (yet!), I'm supposed to be working but quite bored.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Why would you even need to buy more plates when you've already admitted to having a literal shed full of them?
I’ve found that in order to save time asking myself questions about Jack, I simply insert “cos she’s a bleep” before any questions and I’m good.
I hope this will help you too V 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 53
The gold toast rack is from H&M. Purchased some time this year but now out of stock.

She must enjoy buying all of this toot and putting it on her work expenses.

• Angry
Reactions: 37
Could anyone summarise why Jack Monroe is so disliked...?

I don't know much about her, other than seeing a few irritating tweets / TV appearances.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

I don't know much about her, other than seeing a few irritating tweets / TV appearances.
Good question, but you’ll be inundated with replies so may I respectfully suggest you have a look at Jacks Wiki page on here https://tattle.life/wiki/jack-monroe, also Jack for Dummies. You should find the latter in the beginning of this thread. Good luck

• Heart
Reactions: 45

If you click on ‘most liked posts’ on the JM thread page then you’ll see some excellent, objective and factual posts with info as to what she’s been up to, not just this year when we all banded together in lockdown to chat about her, but going years back as she has a rampant twitter addiction and we have long memories! 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Ladies and gents, I have highlighted some of what I'm calling the "squiggly bowls" on the picture.
View attachment 333099

These prices are from the Portmerion website (written on the boxes she showed, may not be from there) and are the Sophie Conran collection as stated earlier. I haven't tried to 🔺 anything else (yet!), I'm supposed to be working but quite bored.
Wowza. There's me and my family of 4 with our £20 IKEA green dinner set that I despise because the plates are really heavy and I have very *weak and fragile paws* Why you ask? Because we're saving to buy our first home (mad concept) and I don't want to dump a usable set only to spend money on another!

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Start with the Scotsman article for a good general overview (she's not named, but she's clearly one of the examples) then go through recent threads- most liked posts to get an idea of the details. In essence she's dishonest about things to get attention and money, she appropriates struggles that aren't her own and claims expertise that she doesn't have, she enjoys piling on while sucking up to blue tickers, and she promises things in return for financial reward then doesn't deliver. And she tweets a billion times a day so there's lots of material.

@Silver Linings you are giving me proper belly laughs with these decoration pics!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

In addition to the replies that you have already received, I would also suggest reading this Limegoss article about the pile on against Jamie Oliver that she instigated.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
View attachment 333099

Sorry for quoting myself like some kind of degenerate, but I have made a further discovery.

This set also come in an 8-piece form (£103), which has 2 pasta (C) and 2 cereal (D) bowls as well as 2 dinner and salad plates. These plates are not shown so I will be on the lookout henceforth. I suspect she had this set, bought A and four more Ds, B was what came yesterday and at least 1 was smashed.

Of course I could be completely wrong and just be a ninny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

How long have you got? I would say look at all the thread recaps to get a good overview, they’re on the beginning of each new thread. In summary, she’s a narcissist and a pathological liar, who pretends to be poor to keep up a completely untrue narrative. She gets plenty of cash from her followers who donate to her PayPal/tip jar/Patreon, often citing their own very difficult circumstances. This is on top of her very healthy income from book sales, writing jobs, Hellman’s/This Morning/Daily Kitchen Live gigs, AD revenue from her “free” site, and so on and so on. She pushes and pushes at the narrative of being cold, ill, too poor for butter, only having a massive three bed house (she deserves to own it!), and constantly contradicts herself during her spitting rages as various easy targets. The pile ons she orchestrates on Twitter are the exact thing she says is always happening to her, but strangely there’s never any evidence of it.

Also, as the article suggests, she aligns herself with various vulnerable or marginalised groups, all very quickly forgotten, so that she can’t be criticised. Her achingly self-centred BLM video was caveated with a whole ‘don’t say anything mean about this or you’re racist’ type talk.

None of her timeline adds up either. We have the receipts all through these threads of contradictions and downright lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.