Jack Monroe #113 I beg your pardon, she’s got a hammock in her rented garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing says Christmas like a...white porcelain pear.

Why would you even buy half this tit, even if it WAS 20p in a charity shop?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
looks like a lot of it is also from h+m which seems reasonable, until you realise how much stuff there is.

it's honestly turned my stomach a bit to think of all her less well-off fans seeing that and still wanting to give her money

i also think it's gauche in the extreme to basically be saying to people, "look at all my fabulous possessions!"

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Silly squiggle - does tidy help your mental health?
That’s NOT tidy, squig. That’s loads and loads of stuff, and ephemera, piley-ailey spilling out, piled up, shown off.
I’m actually quite minimalist and poor so that kind of sets me off. I’m more at the @MancBee end of the scale...also good to see you again Herr.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I suspect we'll have a lot of people arriving on Tattle and lurking, so how about we post some of our "favourite" Jack escapades?
One of mine:

She has frequently mentioned on social media that she has 'stalkers' and is concerned for her safety.

However, Jack has posted plenty of identifying information about her home, so much so that it's really easy to find her exact address. Honestly, really easy.
For the information of any lurkers reading who are unaware - it is against Tattle rules to post her address on Tattle, so we don't post the actual address on here.

Recently on Twitter she mentioned a particular brand of soap that she liked and within hours, a couple of bars of said soap appeared on her doorstep.

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 12.18.38.png

Now, if you had concerns for your safety, wouldn't you be somewhat perturbed by someone leaving this gift on your doorstep? It could just be a friend or a neighbour, but if you had 'stalkers', SURELY you would be freaked out by this?!

This is just one example of her many, many stories that do not add up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
View attachment 333070View attachment 333071
I hate that we know this. I can’t bear the oversharing.
Ffs.
I don't know where any of my friends keep their tampons. I don't even know if they use tampons and these are people that I would die for.
But we (and nearly 300,000 people on Twitter) know where Jack keeps her tampons.

Oh and JO is doing 'humble' dishes on This Morning. £1 wonders, things people have in the cupboard. Cheap ways to use sausages....

She'll be spitting

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I suspect we'll have a lot of people arriving on Tattle and lurking, so how about we post some of our "favourite" Jack escapades?
One of mine:

She has frequently mentioned on social media that she has 'stalkers' and is concerned for her safety.

However, Jack has posted plenty of identifying information about her home, so much so that it's really easy to find her exact address. Honestly, really easy.
For the information of any lurkers reading who are unaware - it is against Tattle rules to post her address on Tattle, so we don't post the actual address on here.

Recently on Twitter she mentioned a particular brand of soap that she liked and within hours, a couple of bars of said soap appeared on her doorstep.

View attachment 333083

Now, if you had concerns for your safety, wouldn't you be somewhat perturbed by someone leaving this gift on your doorstep? It could just be a friend or a neighbour, but if you had 'stalkers', SURELY you would be freaked out by this?!

This is just one example of her many, many stories that do not add up.
And she has since admitted to having a camera pointed at her door so she could have seen who left it there any way...🤦🏼‍

Reactions: 37
OMG! I am so pleased someone else noticed those.
I'd LOVE some copper pans and casserole dish things but there is no way on earth I could justify the price of them.
I won't even let Mrs TUIT buy them for me as gifts because of the price.
Like I have said on here before about her runners, if you have actually been poor and then do get some money you STILL won't spend it on stuff that costs that much.
Aldi are selling some on special buy this week 😜 I bought a couple of their copper frying pans in the summer and you know what...they are great!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Nothing says Christmas like a...white porcelain pear.

Why would you even buy half this tit, even if it WAS 20p in a charity shop?
As a professional food writer and photographer I require a variety of props in order to present the life saving budget recipes I selflessly give away for nothing on my blog to the many many poor people, political prisoners and howlers who need me to survive. In addition I have experienced SEVERE poverty in my life the legacy of which means that I am a howling husk of person who lives in constant fear of everything being taken away from me. I collect items which I will be able to sell if everything comes crashing down, say after an article in The Scotsman so that I never have to go back to the starvation and torture I once so bravely endured. NOW duck OFF.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
It doesn’t matter if stuff is cheap, if you buy a lot of it, it still costs a lot of money.
Jack, you’ve spend your house deposit on stuff. Also no guarantee whatever you move to will fit all this stuff, or you assuming it will be much bigger.

Reactions: 41
Its a bit plain for Christmas isn't it? Where the festive colours etc. I admit it don't do festive crockery( we don't have the space for a thousand different kinds of dinner services) but if I did I would go all out.
I’m disappointed too. I was expecting lots of red.

Reactions: 17
If we believe her claim that she had to sell everything, including SB’s toys at the start of her ‘career’, this then implies all this tat has been bought and hoarded in about the past 5-8 years... and also packaged up and moved houses several time. If I was her I’d keep 10% of it and donate or sell the rest, there’s enough stuff there to sell to afford 1000s of blocks of butter :eek:

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.