Jack Monroe #113 I beg your pardon, she’s got a hammock in her rented garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My take is that her “non-binary trans” phase was so short lived and quite a few years ago, she doesn’t identify with it at all anymore. Of course, when people accuse her of detransitioning* she says “of COURSE I’m still non-binary” but her heart isn’t in it. That was then, this is now.

*Which is wrong. It’s a good thing she stopped taking T and spouting nonsense about not being female.
It probably lasted longer than her poor phase which haunts her every waking moment! 🤦🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
No reason Marcus can’t be articulate. I’ve taught English to a Premiership footballer to GCSE years ago - he got a B, and went on to earn more than me on his very first pay packet (🔺maybe). I agree he probably pays someone to like the tweets of people who he only met once...
God yes, definitely not suggesting he couldn't be articulate! But I noticed a slight change in his tweeting style a few months ago - it's still casual but it seems more targeted towards buzzwords and retweetable things (as it should be, his work needs to reach as many as possible). Just seems like it's someone who knows what they're doing with the twitter algorithm. I follow plenty of footballers where it's painfully obvious it's them that's doing it 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I've been waiting to share this for ages but wanted to wait until I could do it justice. I think that's now. <insert the rest of Jack's anti-climactic Sponsorbot Twitter spiel>

Basically I've outsourced all maverick recipe creation to Slopbot. Unlike Jack's Sponsorbot, this is an actual bot (kind of, it's a random sentence generator) that will produce recipes for you. Here's an example of the kind of delicious concoctions it can come up with:

slopbot example.jpg

You can access Slopbot via slopbot.com and then click on the NEW SLOP PLEASE (I haven't worked out how to change the font size in the button, if you're on mobile you'll have to trust me that's what it says) button underneath the Slopbot picture for a new recipe.

I hope this isn't against the rules, I did check them forensically. This website doesn't benefit me in any way, it's not a company, it's not social media and it's not harassment, it just makes it easier to lampoon Jack's recipes and inspire the exploration of new culinary avenues. Obviously I will take it down if it is deemed inappropriate.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 195
I see her pal Sarah Vine's husband Michael Gove has classed 2 scotch eggs as a substantial meal 😡.Is this information that has been gleamed from Mackie as a top government advisor ?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
God yes, definitely not suggesting he couldn't be articulate! But I noticed a slight change in his tweeting style a few months ago - it's still casual but it seems more targeted towards buzzwords and retweetable things (as it should be, his work needs to reach as many as possible). Just seems like it's someone who knows what they're doing with the twitter algorithm. I follow plenty of footballers where it's painfully obvious it's them that's doing it 😂
Yeah I agree, it feels quite stage-managed, and I absolutely applaud him for getting someone in to do it. Footballers get enough shite as it is simply from the tribal nature of fandom before you include enraged right-wingers who want children to starve. He shouldn’t waste his energy tweeting or looking at words from his detractors when he can pay someone well to do it for him while he stays focused on his cause.

A lesson for a certain food poverty writer and “campaigner”, in there somewhere...

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I've been waiting to share this for ages but wanted to wait until I could do it justice. I think that's now. <insert the rest of Jack's anti-climactic Sponsorbot Twitter spiel>

Basically I've outsourced all maverick recipe creation to Slopbot. Unlike Jack's Sponsorbot, this is an actual bot (kind of, it's a random sentence generator) that will produce recipes for you. Here's an example of the kind of delicious concoctions it can come up with:

View attachment 330807

You can access Slopbot via slopbot.com and then click on the NEW SLOP PLEASE (I haven't worked out how to change the font size in the button, if you're on mobile you'll have to trust me that's what it says) button underneath the Slopbot picture for a new recipe.

I hope this isn't against the rules, I did check them forensically. This website doesn't benefit me in any way, it's not a company, it's not social media and it's not harassment, it just makes it easier to lampoon Jack's recipes and inspire the exploration of new culinary avenues. Obviously I will take it down if it is deemed inappropriate.
Omg 😂

7AB477A7-2874-4BD5-A960-9428387EEC1D.jpeg

I don’t even care if you’re Jack harvesting my data, this is amazing. Look forward to you knocking on my front door holding a massive red triangle, tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

View attachment 330807

I love Slopbot! If she's against the rules then I say we change the rules!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Well that looks like someone’s just put an egg in the cat litter. Lucky Caroline! No wonder she’s nowhere to be seen. 🤢
Maybe she told Jack she’d done all the admin to furlough herself just to escape the crappy bungalow and has now taken up a less risky job doing the admin on a COVID ward. Probably thinks she can get away with it until about 2030 if she just keeps texting Jack ideas for Twitter polls so she doesn’t notice there’s a vaccine.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I hate her politics. She's about as clues up on the real issues as my neighbours cat.

The only reason being poor haunts her is because up until then she had it cushty.

I have never ever had lots of money but I manage and I get on. I don't warble, moan or wail. I adapt myself accordingly and carry on as best I can.

She needs to stop living in the past and start moving on, she cannot change what happened but she can carry on living and enjoying her life.

I honestly don't get living the worst part of your life over and over again.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

View attachment 330807

Genius!! I’ve even learnt how to screen shot now so I can share mine!!!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

View attachment 330807

This is bloody AMAZING! Can't stop, it's addictive.

• Haha
It’s a bad thing because it causes irreversible changes to female bodies (if taken for long enough - it would seem Jack only took it for six months or so) such as facial hair, deeper voice, genital changes, and the eventual need for a hysterectomy due to atrophy. Considering Jack no longer wants to transition to a transgender man, she’s lucky she doesn’t have to contend with the lifelong after effects of testosterone. Other young women were not so lucky: https://womansplaceuk.org/2020/11/30/keira-bell-there-was-nothing-wrong-with-my-body/
The gender discussion thread is here: https://tattle.life/threads/gender-discussions-3.9955/page-32#post-3060174

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.