Jack Monroe #112 Is that it? IS THAT IT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: her request for Xmas dinner starter ideas.
She is supposedly a professional cookery writer of several years standing. So why on earth is she asking Twitter to do her job for her? It’s either attention seeking or she is just bloody bone idle. Or both.
Ooh, I know, I know, I know. 🙋‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 39
“But, but, I did everything right! I mean, there were the multiple trips to the supermarket, and bubbling with someone but visiting my compromised family and I may have called the public gross, but it should BE MEEEEeeEeeeeEee!!! I taught the peasants about kale as a seasoning your honour.”

464C48A2-11E5-4E7F-BA5D-E8325E8F4341.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m so poor we don’t have a starter for Xmas dinner 😜

Actually that's not strictly true....I just can't be bothered with even more stuff to do.

The family get a roast turkey dinner with the trimmings and Xmas pudding/mince pies after, plus we have copious amounts of alcohol.

Who needs a starter too?
After several years of finding the starter still in the fridge on Boxing Day, we gave up. My dad used to share around copious amounts of champagne before lunch (two bottles as our Christmas treat!) and I was usually too bleezing by the time I'd finished cooking to remember the starter, just get the hot stuff on the table! One year I actually forgot to put my veggie meal in the oven so had a lovely playful of veg and roasties.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Same here, I have spent all my adult life campaigning for LGBTQ+ rights, and work with HIV charities. This was long before Jack was born; when attitudes were far more hostile than now.
I don’t want to sound like JM sucking up to a blue ticker, but here goes...
As a “B” in the LGBTQ+ acronym, thank you, seriously.
I remember when attitudes were more hostile, and while it was well before Jack‘s time, it‘s still shockingly recent. SO much has changed since then, but it didn’t just magically happen did it. So I’m genuinely grateful to you and everyone else who tirelessly campaigned, I hope it’s never forgotten x

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Wow, quite the day. Poor BB. Why not create a small database with the prices? For easy access and reporting.
Charlie Bingham. Were these not a small batch product years ago and now more mass produced? So able to keep a price point.

And just seen this on Insta. Why have they chosen him for Seriously Good ads when JM could have done it :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20201130-160943.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Wow, quite the day. Poor BB. Why not create a small database with the prices? For easy access and reporting.
Charlie Bingham. Were these not a small batch product years ago and now more mass produced? So able to keep a price point.

And just seen this on Insta. Why have they chosen him for Seriously Good ads when JM could have done it :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 329519
mayo, peanut butter and raisin blondies? I'm sorry Matt but please do duck off. Stop the madness! Stop putting mayo where it doesn't belong!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Heinz teamed up with THAT MAN back when he opened the 15 restaurants didn’t they? I seem to remember he made a dish with Heinz beans but he actually rinsed them first before adding them to an Italian stile a la carte dish...
🙀

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I've been scrolling on her feed & have only just noticed how often the words 'tribal' 'divisive' 'faction' etc are used. Perhaps she should block those instead of acting like passive-aggressive moralistic Gandalf.
If Doreen from Huddersfield wants a Yorkshire Pudding with her Christmas lunch she shouldn't have to fight it out in a pub car park with Ethel from Norwich who thinks it's a cardinal sin.
Jack, it's literally not The Hunger Games.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I might be biased here as I absolutely hate mayo, but the thought of it in baked goods makes me feel very ill.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I know I’m supposed to be poring and pawing over her lies, whilst being forensically flummoxed, but now I want pies. I can make a bloody good pie but, like our scamp Jack, I just can’t be arsed!
I go buy pie
I cry
I die
The Charlie Bigham steak pies are lush anaw! I've never bought them full price mind you, always on a yellow sticker because

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
The worst part is, I just know she’s on the Charlie Binghams. She does slop, or fancy pre-made, there is no inbetween!
Imagine one day she tweets: "Keeping it simple tonight with baked salmon fillet with salad and boiled potatoes. Not exactly a budget meal, but as part of my week's food planning, it's nice to include something that SB and I enjoy, feels like a treat and it's quick and easy so we can spend more time together." IMAGINE!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Oh god, the thought of people on a budget trying to make Jack Monroe recipes work on Christmas Day is giving me the eye wets.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.