Jack Monroe #112 Is that it? IS THAT IT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The worst part is, I just know she’s on the Charlie Binghams. She does slop, or fancy pre-made, there is no inbetween!

Reactions: 20
I work in elderly care and there is no way her menus would meet the nutritional standards. Plus we have to offer choice and cater to a variety of diets. It's also really important it looks good as we are often trying to tempt clients with poor appetites.
Oh, thank Christ!
I'd hate to think of an older relative of mine having to eat anything like her slop.

Reactions: 22
Sorry but what on earth does 'indecisiveness is at an all time flummox' mean. Those words are like the ingredients in Jack's recipes, no understanding of whether or not they actually go together.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I've said it before and I say it again. Her forensic analysis is POINTLESS. The issue is not whether a tin of mandarins costs 30p or £1 or £20.
The issue is that we live in one of the wealthiest societies on earth in the history of mankind and for some people a tin of mandarins is unaffordable.
The solution is not to demand a smart price range back.
The solution is, as always, far more complicated and nuanced.
Everyone should have enough to eat. It sickens me that this is not the case. Stop going on about tinned crap and tell people to donate, to volunteer, to affect change in a meaningful way, to not throw their vote away, to work on a local level, because that's where we can make a difference.
It's disempowering to shout at Asda. It's empowering to work with local restaurants, schools, food growers, food banks, etc. and we can all do something (and I know the lovely cabal members do an awful lot).

Sorry but what on earth does 'indecisiveness is at an all time flummox' mean. Those words are like the ingredients in Jack's recipes, no understanding of whether or not they actually go together.
Flummox is not a noun AND it makes no sense here.

#doubleflummoxed

• Heart
Reactions: 73
She’s got prawns trending. In the Drinks category. There’s a starter idea... prawn smoothie anyone?

D84C0411-282B-4D50-B412-BB080BB92E80.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I googled Tatty Devine. Pre-teen happened to be looking over my shoulder and now I’ve purchased moustache earrings off eBay for said pre-teen. She is delighted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
1F3FEC23-03D1-4D78-956C-DC3AE61617A6.jpeg
This week on Boring-by-the-Sea...
Our plucky heroine tries in vain to garner attention by tackling the life changing topic of crumble/tart/pie/pudding. Will she succeed in her quest? What will Cooper make of it all? Will anyone notice? Will she remember any of this tomorrow once the dopamine hit has subsided? Does anyone actually give a fig? Tune in later to find out.
Coming up on the next episode....
It‘s a full moon so your guess is as good as mine. Brambly mice reunion? Is BB actually Sue-Ellen? What will Digger Barnes make of the newly found oil field at the back of the garden, behind the expensive swing chair? Will our heroine get the gig, catering the Oil Barons Ball? Will the resulting, inevitable food poisoning crisis slash the cost of a barrel?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I've said it before and I say it again. Her forensic analysis is POINTLESS. The issue is not whether a tin of mandarins costs 30p or £1 or £20.
The issue is that we live in one of the wealthiest societies on earth in the history of mankind and for some people a tin of mandarins is unaffordable.
Everyone should have enough to eat. It sickens me that this is not the case. Stop going on about tinned crap and tell people to donate, to volunteer, to affect change in a meaningful way, to not throw their vote away, to work on a local level, because that's where we can make a difference.
It's disempowering to shout at Asda. It's empowering to work with local restaurants, schools, food growers, food banks, etc. and we can all do something (and I know the lovely cabal members do an awful lot).

Flummox is not a noun AND it makes no sense here.

#doubleflummoxed
Yes, yes, yes to all of your post <3 Tins are not the solution as Jack keeps making out, just a sticking plaster if that.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She has no solutions to offer apart from howling and clawing.

She tweets about Asda smart price from an ivory tower bungalow surrounded by luxury consumer goods, to an audience of middle class centrist squiggles (sorry centrist squiggles, I know you are kind hearted, but you will never change anything) while getting Ocado deliveries and shuddering at the thought of mixing with the masses on public transport.

She is completely disconnected from reality as she lives online. She doesn't involve herself in issues, local or otherwise, doesn't shop locally, doesn't volunteer at her local foodbank, doesn't seem to even donate as she is so busy wanging on about the £20 shop. She rents but never mentions housing rights orgs - her only issue is that she feels hard done by as she doesn't own a house outright. She tweets about how hard life is for heads of news and current affairs.

The height of her activism is riding on MR's coat tails, and personally profiting from his success (paid GQ article). I have no issue with her being paid to write the article, but she is in no way an activist or campaigner.

She literally never engages with wider issues and constantly centres herself and her "struggles". She doesn't work for minimum wage, nor claim benefits so can someone please, please, PLEASE explain to me how she claims to speak for people in poverty?

Her patreon rewards are a waste of time, resources and money, seriously, only people with money to burn would subscribe. It's a joke and there is a lot more worthwhile stuff she could offer for her patreons if she was so inclined.

But she can't be arsed. It's bare minimum every bleeping time. And I do get that is part of ADHD, but that doesn't make it ok to post sub standard recipes, sub standard and late or non existent patreon rewards. If that is a result of ADHD then you need to make your living in a different way.

She's mentioned this collection of receipts a few times now, but nothing EVER changes. A few fiery tweets and then crickets. Here's a tip Jack - stop tweeting every thought and actually produce something.

You did the GQ article - clap clap. That's done now, so on to the next thing.

People shared their stories with her about poverty and austerity, really tragic and personal stories, and she's done nothing with them. The first draft of the supposed poverty book? I would be amazed if she had even started.

You don't need to tweet every thought, and you don't need to pretend to be living on £20 a week. No-one is saying you shouldn't have shoes, salmon, or butter, that's gaslighting BOLLOCKS and you need to stop it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
She has no solutions to offer apart from howling and clawing.

She tweets about Asda smart price from an ivory tower bungalow surrounded by luxury consumer goods, to an audience of middle class centrist squiggles (sorry centrist squiggles, I know you are kind hearted, but you will never change anything) while getting Ocado deliveries and shuddering at the thought of mixing with the masses on public transport.

She is completely disconnected from reality as she lives online. She doesn't involve herself in issues, local or otherwise, doesn't shop locally, doesn't volunteer at her local foodbank, doesn't seem to even donate as she is so busy wanging on about the £20 shop. She rents but never mentions housing rights orgs - her only issue is that she feels hard done by as she doesn't own a house outright. She tweets about how hard life is for heads of news and current affairs.

The height of her activism is riding on MR's coat tails, and personally profiting from his success (paid GQ article). I have no issue with her being paid to write the article, but she is in no way an activist or campaigner.

She literally never engages with wider issues and constantly centres herself and her "struggles". She doesn't work for minimum wage, nor claim benefits so can someone please, please, PLEASE explain to me how she claims to speak for people in poverty?

Her patreon rewards are a waste of time, resources and money, seriously, only people with money to burn would subscribe. It's a joke and there is a lot more worthwhile stuff she could offer for her patreons if she was so inclined.

But she can't be arsed. It's bare minimum every bleeping time. And I do get that is part of ADHD, but that doesn't make it ok to post sub standard recipes, sub standard and late or non existent patreon rewards. If that is a result of ADHD then you need to make your living in a different way.

She's mentioned this collection of receipts a few times now, but nothing EVER changes. A few fiery tweets and then crickets. Here's a tip Jack - stop tweeting every thought and actually produce something.

You did the GQ article - clap clap. That's done now, so on to the next thing.

People shared their stories with her about poverty and austerity, really tragic and personal stories, and she's done nothing with them. The first draft of the supposed poverty book? I would be amazed if she had even started.

You don't need to tweet every thought, and you don't need to pretend to be living on £20 a week. No-one is saying you shouldn't have shoes, salmon, or butter, that's gaslighting BOLLOCKS and you need to stop it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Putting aside the laughable insincerity as one big fake leaves one of the most awful shows on TV .... is this an opportunity for another big fake to 'pitch'?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Lashing out at this 'middle class commentariat' = work at The Grauniad is drying up and those that she likes to imagine are her peers are leaving her on read.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She rents but never mentions housing rights orgs - her only issue is that she feels hard done by as she doesn't own a house outright. She tweets about how hard life is for heads of news and current affairs.
It's worse - she feels hard done by because she doesn't own her 600,000 grand house outright and mortgage free!

Without the astronomical rent in her fancy bungalow, and the endless luxury items, she could have put a deposit on a house years ago. She could have probably paid the mortgage off entirely by now on a modest family home.

Her true butthurt is that she feels entitled to live the high life, and not have to pay or work for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
This kind of subtle sarcasm is WAY over her head, dear squiggle.

View attachment 329300
So Caroline came back off furlough then went back on it again?? But Jack has been working right the way through and the schools/school nurseries have been back since September...

If C or her family are ill then why does she keep mentioning it? She needles people into asking questions then says people are nosy/picking on her

Reactions: 31
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.