Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm unsure whether to be fascinated or traumatized at the fact that hyena genitalia is being discussed in such depth and so casually, and before 9am too!

Only in the cabal ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Let it not be said that we are merely a bunch of shallow, gossiping ninnies ๐Ÿ˜‚.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Science Frau is now my thread highlight. Absolutely love this.

Can I do some nice but off topic life news? It's just been me and Fraulein Relish for 14 weeks (she is 16 weeks old) but Herr Relish (I'll stop...) arrived back with us Monday. It's all been a bit fraught because it's a quite confusing to go from child-free couple to couple with 4 month old without middle steps, also she's not been that impressed with the random, strange man in our house. ANYWAY, this morning, she's beamed at him when she woke up, gone happily with him and I can hear him talking to her and I just heard him say 'it's ok, I knew we'd be best friends, we're going to have so much fun' ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ But most of all, MY SHIFT IS OVER. Someone get me a glass of wine and a warm bed, I'm going to sleep for a year.

And on topic, what a legend! A cookery writer (she's not a chef, she'll thankyou to remember) who cooked something without a recipe. How does she do it?!
Omg this is so so lovely & theyโ€™re going to be absolute BFFs ๐Ÿ˜ญ You are a champ for doing 14 weeks on the trot by yourself! Especially with the leaps and jabs and witching hours - youโ€™re amazing?! You deserve the most pampering in the world, have the hottest bath your skin can tolerate and a bucket load of chocolate! Also you should come over onto the F&D thread for more off topic fun x

Ps not sure if mini relish is rolling yet but Iโ€™m convinced mini HTRIA has only learnt to roll so early so sheโ€™s able to find her dad to stare adoringly at him ๐Ÿ˜ซ

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I was actually thinking the other day that we should have some end of the year Jack votes, including Least Edible Dish, but mussels and pears = no competition.

Don't get me started on the bread. A budget cookbook author could really be helpful showing people that if you buy proper bread, it will go stale but can still be used in so many ways. Instead it's soft soft cheap cheap...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Cabal, I work for a large government department (๐Ÿ”บ) and all of our customer-facing and internal IT systems are down.

Has Jack broken the internet already?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Squiggle has kindly pointed out that the costings donโ€™t work out for ๐Ÿ”ฅ bread (if it serves 6).

What are we more excited about.....

1. Matt Hancock being told to answer to his mate getting covid test job?

2. Finding out which tier we are in?

3.The likelihood of her answering squiggle?

4. VIRAL HEEL DANCING THING?
RIP gnarly Savoy cabbage.
Iโ€™m so sorry it had to end this way ๐Ÿ˜”

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
If you live your life like this, I'm not surprised you have to work 20 hour days.

Here's a kitchen hack: open fridge, see what's in there, if inspiration doesn't immediately strike, open up a cookbook or Google. Cook a recipe. Eat dinner.

Here are 15 vegan savoy cabbage recipes that all sound better than what's written on that card: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/search/recipes/?q=savoy+cabbage&sort=-relevance&diet=vegan

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.